https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 681036 times)

Offline jman

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2910 on: September 04, 2014, 09:47:57 PM »
Was right about that Super Time Force.. I've completed the game and some of the remaining achievements look pretty tough.. got a week to do it before NHL comes out... I reckon I could probably do it.

Definitely check it out if you haven't already.. its a fucking manic, quite funny and mad game which has some pretty repetitive but fun gameplay.

Offline Late

« Reply #2911 on: September 04, 2014, 10:49:39 PM »
Had a play of it last night. Okay, but not really my cup of tea.
Might give it another play tonight, but I think Minecraft is out tomorrow so STF probably won't get a look in after tonight.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2912 on: September 05, 2014, 11:06:52 AM »
Took me a while to get into STF.. the first chapter isn't the best.. but if you don't like the gameplay or mechanics then the game doesn't really do much different.

So far I've enjoyed all of the free Games With Gold games on the X1 - apart from Crimson Dragon which I'll admit is a tad disappointing.. and I also had already purchased the Halo game.. I think my live subscription comes to an end this month, so will be on the lookout for deals soon.

Edit : Actually my Live sub ran out tomorrow, so just extended it, 13 months for £24.49 from cdkeys, £1.88 per month.. will do me.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 12:40:34 PM by jman »

Offline harv

« Reply #2913 on: September 05, 2014, 02:55:16 PM »
Just seen the Bayonetta Nintendo Direct and I NEED THIS GAME IN MY VEINS NAO!!! :o :o :o

Comes out on the 24th October too, 4 days before my birthday so I can get my Mum to get it for my birthday! Nice! 8)

I don't think it's going to be as good as The Wonderful 101, but then it's going to take something VERY special to beat that as my personal best game of the generation. It's number 2 in my 5 best games of all-time list and I didn't think ANYTHING would knock Football Manager (the original for the Speccy, not the latest one!) off the number 2 spot. :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #2914 on: September 06, 2014, 02:36:55 PM »
Bayonetta 2 launch trailer in 60fps goodness. Looking absolutely beautiful. ;D 8) :-*

They also announced and showed a couple of new outfits for her - Princess Daisy and a saucy looking Fox outfit. Had the Hendrixpsong going through my head the second I saw it lol :-* :-* :-*
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #2915 on: September 07, 2014, 04:51:05 AM »
They also announced that the first game, which they've always said will be be included for free, will cost a tenner. "Free" lol.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #2916 on: September 07, 2014, 03:56:47 PM »
From what I've seen Bayonetta 2 Solus Edition is budget priced - around 30 quid. The Special Edition is the price of a normal game, around 40 quid and the First Print Edition is a fiver more expensive. Still means that if you buy the Special Edition you're getting two games for the price of one, just means that the Solus Edition is a bargain if you don't want to buy the first game again.

Offline jman

« Reply #2917 on: September 08, 2014, 10:32:52 AM »
Looks like NHL could be a disaster of all proportions if rumours about missing features and what not are to be believed.. and we are talking basic things.. simming to next shift in Be A Pro is missing - so unless you play with the entire team.. that mode has become completely unplayable - so annoying as this is my favourite mode.  Editing Players is missing, playing friends in HUT is missing.. there are a ton of other things too.

I believe this is only on the next-gen consoles.. although unsure.. I've already paid for the X1 version.. my mate is getting the X360 version.. I'm gonna compare the two and if the X360 has these features.. I could well be trading mine early on for the X360 version.. is a shame because the demo showed off some gorgeous graphics, the commentary has been improved ten-fold and the gameplay is great..

Offline harv

« Reply #2918 on: September 08, 2014, 05:58:47 PM »
Is that the first NHL on current generation consoles..? Thought there was one for launch day last year..?

Offline jman

« Reply #2919 on: September 08, 2014, 06:17:10 PM »
Yep, NHL 14 was released on 360/PS3 only... So you'd think they'd of had time to get things sorted

Offline jman

« Reply #2920 on: September 10, 2014, 09:10:09 AM »
So NHL 15 on the X1 is ranking at 68 on metacritic.. mainly because of all the missing features... I've read a few reviews now its out and they don't even have a seasons mode or tournament mode for gods sake.. lol.. EA have shared some post-launch update plans.. but the things they are adding don't amount to much in the scale of things.

But the 360/PS3 versions are identikits of NHL 14.. pretty much exactly the same - even down to the menus.. NHL 14 was brilliant don't get me wrong.. but you'd basically be paying full price for a roster/shirt update... so I don't think I'll be bothering with that version since I still have NHL 14.

They really needed to hold their hands up and not release one this year.. its nowhere near ready.. I'll probably keep the X1 version as playing the demo, the gameplay is great and totally different to NHL 14.. its just a shame that they are releasing a half-baked game.

Still NHL 16 *should* be a cracker!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 10:10:07 AM by jman »

Offline jman

« Reply #2921 on: September 12, 2014, 02:12:33 PM »
GTA 5 releasing on X1 and PS4 on Nov 18th and PC on 27th Jan - about time innit!

Edit : No Wii U version announced though harv... remember when you said you were absolutely sure they would release the next one on a Nintendo platform... lol
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 02:20:21 PM by jman »

Offline harv

« Reply #2922 on: September 12, 2014, 11:30:42 PM »
It's a real shame because Lego City Undercover has shown how ideally suited the GamePad is to these sort of games. Same goes for Godfather Blackhand Edition, Bully and GTA IV last generation too. >:( If they did decide to bring GTA V to the Wii U the Wii U version would have been the better one to play in gameplay terms, the same way that Rayman Legends, Splinter Cell Blacklist and Deus Ex were. :'(

Godfather in particular was awesome. Grabbing people by the lapels and bouncing their heads off stuff never got old lol ;D ;D ;D 8)

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #2923 on: September 17, 2014, 08:44:51 PM »
Must have put near 30 hours into Destiny already. Enjoying it a lot. The story was pretty weak but I think that's to be expected in this sort of game. It's just there as a tool to get people to hit the level cap, and that's when the real fun tends to start in MMOs. Reviews have been tepid so far, I think that's down to it being a game easier to enjoy with friends rather than by yourself.

Offline Late

« Reply #2924 on: September 19, 2014, 11:06:24 AM »
Am surprised at how much I'm enjoying Minecraft, and how many hours I'm putting into it - without actually accomplishing a great deal.
Have probably racked up over 50 hours in the fortnight since it came out. Might even be close to 100 hours.
I'm still playing the game I first started - I've not binned it off and started a new game at any point - so you'd think I'd have loads done. But no.

I've built a couple of fairly bigish homes, and a handful of cottages here and there, but I've not explored all that much, haven't mined many diamonds, haven't built anything remotely advanced (eg minecarts, switches, pistons, etc.) and I haven't progressed the story (such as there is) recently.
I seem to spend most of my time just ferrying resources around and building lego houses. It shouldn't be fun - but it is!