https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: SundayLeague World  (Read 122654 times)

Offline bigdealdave

SundayLeague World
« on: October 03, 2016, 09:06:34 PM »
Okay guys, this is basically just a thread dedicated to the old blog of the same name which was started by Chico (Rockline).

I personally think, with so many managers returning and so many newcomers, that the forum needs to be a bit more active, especially in relation to the actual game. SO, to remedy that i will be posting all throughout the season, information about crucial games, stats, my own personal thoughts, etc and i strongly urge anyone else interested to do so also. We can bitch and moan about what the game requires all we like but the fact of the matter is, the game is what we - the players, make it guys. I hope some will follow suit and help out, but if not, i hope at least some of you find this thread interesting.
The Flashhearts
Madbastid United

Offline bigdealdave

Re: SundayLeague World
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 09:40:49 PM »
The Elite Cup Round 1

Well its day 9 of the season and it can only mean its Round 1 of the Elite cup. If you're a noob this is a cup which the top 64 ranked managers of the previous season qualify for.

There are a few games here in the first round not going to be easy for some of the more seasoned managers...

Super Imps Vs Crystal City
Richs Imps, although favourite and playing at home, will not find it easy to dispose of Crystal City. After checking out their team page (currently 9th in 8-1-1) you can see that Slyder has some top quality players at his disposal, definitely no pushover.

Hoarse Whisperers Vs Realale Madrid
BOTH these teams relegated from FL1 last season... Nijinskis Whisperers going from WINNING it in season 54 to relegation! However both teams are going through a rebuild to restore themselves to former glories but still a big matchup nonetheless.

Angel Rrrrs Vs Roman Empire
This should be another good battle, the reigning conference 8 champ against the "right now" #1 in conference 7. Although his team stats are excellent, the Roman Empire looks like history may repeat itsself, a few players are showing signs of decline, coupled with a few too many long term injuries puts Angeles Angels my pick to progress.

Mmmrs Phoenix Pigs Vs Redhill Rovers
Two legends on the field this game, Daves Pigs riding the crest of their recent wave topping conference 3 last season, his team look in top form too. Mark G returns to us from the days of yore but it hasnt taken him long to rise the ranks and become a major competitor in 2-1-1. I think because the Rovers are still in their infancy Mmmrs Phoenix Pigs may have the edge.

FC Town of Luton Vs Fallen Giant Borg
Martins Lutonites surprised everyone last season in FL1 becoming real contenders for the title, yet finishing just outside of the top 3 they are still a real force. Up against the aptly named Fallen Giant Borg, the powerhouse that was is still a real contender. a definitely interesting matchup.

Finally, my pick of the matches  ;)

UNIV. CRAIOVA Vs The Flashhearts
This is a replaying of the semifinal in last seasons Elite cup. The Flashhearts won it last time then went on to win the tournament, it will be interesting to see what the outcome is this time.

Good Luck to all the teams involved  8)
The Flashhearts
Madbastid United

Offline mihai

• UNIV. CRAIOVA
    • http://smokey.sundayleague.com/cgi-bin/sundayleague/teaminformation.pl?teamid=640
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 02:10:52 AM »
great job Dave!
good luck tonight !  :D

Offline Marv999

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 09:28:31 AM »
Great idea, good work dave!, and some interesting looking fixtures and results coming out of round 1 and into round 2!

Slightly off topic from elite cup now but is it just me or has the transfer market been crap lately?! since rebuilding with attacking players 3 seasons ago I've now waited just over 3 seasons for a particular player I need and still nothing has turned up! I know attacking players are more difficult to come by but nothing in over 150 days!  ::)
Old Fullerians AFC (Main team) + Newcastle Legends (experimental)

Offline cha4zz

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 10:09:35 AM »
The transfer market has been awful. Almost 3 weeks into the game and I'm still waiting on 6 players to complete my squad, there are literally 3 or 4 days in a row where there isn't any players at all worth bidding on. Surely financially it's in CG interests to make sure there are at least a couple of players a day that people will bid for?
The Seg

Offline bigdealdave

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 10:31:35 AM »
yeah there has to be a happy medium somewhere.

If the game was monitored better surely the powers that be would realise right now there is a demand for worthwhile players. I mean, they didnt hand out all those bonus credits for nothing!
Unforunately the fact is the next lot of worthwhile players are going to be going for the maximum bid because there are quite a few managers going through either an important rebuild, or one of the returning or new managers starting with a new squad.

Thanks for the input guys

And if it pretains to Sunday League Marv, nothing is off topic  ;)
The Flashhearts
Madbastid United

Offline bigdealdave

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2016, 01:47:07 PM »
Of the round one matches i chose Super Imps, Realale Madrid, Angel Rrrrs, Redhill Rovers, The Fallen Borg and The Flashhearts progress to round 2. The Flashhearts squeaking past Mihais UNIV. CRAIOVA 2-1 in a game containing thrilling displays of managerial skill and tactical prowice from both sides  ;)
The Flashhearts
Madbastid United

Offline Marv999

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2016, 05:01:58 PM »
I have such crap luck in the 3 gold cups. Since winning the ICC 2 seasons ago I've been knocked out in the 1st round these next 2 seasons! And still waiting for a champions shield or elite cup final appearance  ::) I doubt it'll get there soon unless the players I'm waiting for show up on the market!  >:(
Old Fullerians AFC (Main team) + Newcastle Legends (experimental)

Offline The Borg

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2016, 07:41:26 PM »
Good reading Dave  8)
We are The Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Offline Jt21

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2016, 08:56:50 PM »
Top work dave!! Can see a return to the live draws before long!!

Offline bigdealdave

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2016, 10:30:16 AM »
Cheers guys  ;D

As far as the live draws go i've a great idea for one when i restart the Universal Cup, just gotta get Winter back on here  >:(

FL1 Season 56 Opening Day

St Kilda Select   vs    DonkaLonk Fc   
Angel Rrrrs      vs    Naval and Military   
Aston Villains   vs    UNIV. CRAIOVA   
FC Town of Luton   vs    Floriana FC   
Right Enuff      vs    Pathetico Madrid   
Super Imps   vs    Jellybellies   
Redhill Rovers   vs    Psychotic   
Old Fullerians AFC   vs    The Flashhearts

There are no small matches in FL1, but the few ill be looking at (other than my own against Marv) are the Imps Versus Jellies, Luton Versus Floriana and St Kilda Versos DonkaLonk. All matches with the high finishers of last season... heres hoping for draws all round  ;)

Good Luck everyone
The Flashhearts
Madbastid United

Offline northstar

• Sans Puer
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2016, 01:04:45 PM »
http://smokey.sundayleague.com/cgi-bin/sundayleague/match.pl?fixtureid=8296503

This sort of thing really bugs me about this game. if you make all your subs at once as many do (a lot after 15 mins) you should get hammered by the match engine when your players get injured but you don't. After all this is a risk that the manager is taking, hoping all goes well, and should be punished if it goes tits up. The game above is just a quick example. my team should of pumped the Borg as he is really playing with 9 men including a goalie that is concussed because he can't make anymore subs. we have had to live with this for ages as i'm sure others have and fair play to those who exploit this glitch... Hopefully in future this could be looked at by the management and sorted out.

Offline bigdealdave

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2016, 02:21:49 PM »
Yeah, back years ago when i was playing im sure i dont ever remember teams using their 3 subs all at once so early, just after 90 minutes for gelling benefits etc. i noticed it on my return as i was (over) analysing matches between myself and Super imps in 1-1-1 and that in actuality, pretty much all the top managers do it.

It didnt really make sense to me, surely fresh legs at 60mins + would be a better idea but its obviously tried and tested  :o

Not sure what the score would have been had they been broken legs instead of concussions tho lol
The Flashhearts
Madbastid United

Online munkeespuzz

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2016, 04:59:00 PM »
Nice thread this Dave. Just been reading through because SL2 isn't working yet again and juniors done a bunk  :o
Seriously considering a return to SL1 now because it seems much more active  here.

Offline northstar

• Sans Puer
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2016, 06:15:49 PM »
Yeah, back years ago when i was playing im sure i dont ever remember teams using their 3 subs all at once so early, just after 90 minutes for gelling benefits etc. i noticed it on my return as i was (over) analysing matches between myself and Super imps in 1-1-1 and that in actuality, pretty much all the top managers do it.

It didnt really make sense to me, surely fresh legs at 60mins + would be a better idea but its obviously tried and tested  :o

Not sure what the score would have been had they been broken legs instead of concussions tho lol

it does effect the overall rating at the end of the game for the player. it doesn't have the effect that you would expect though during the match.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 06:17:56 PM by northstar »