https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: SundayLeague World  (Read 122668 times)

Offline bigdealdave

Re: SundayLeague World
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2016, 07:29:29 PM »
Nice thread this Dave. Just been reading through because SL2 isn't working yet again and juniors done a bunk  :o
Seriously considering a return to SL1 now because it seems much more active  here.

SL1 will always be better Ty, c'mon back and get the Ravens Nest up and running again, i miss winning it all the time  ;)
The Flashhearts
Madbastid United

Offline bigdealdave

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2016, 07:31:06 PM »
Yeah, back years ago when i was playing im sure i dont ever remember teams using their 3 subs all at once so early, just after 90 minutes for gelling benefits etc. i noticed it on my return as i was (over) analysing matches between myself and Super imps in 1-1-1 and that in actuality, pretty much all the top managers do it.

It didnt really make sense to me, surely fresh legs at 60mins + would be a better idea but its obviously tried and tested  :o

Not sure what the score would have been had they been broken legs instead of concussions tho lol

it does effect the overall rating at the end of the game for the player. it doesn't have the effect that you would expect though during the match.

True, the only way to combat it is fight fire with fire id say  ::)
The Flashhearts
Madbastid United

Offline dannyjames

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2016, 08:51:24 PM »
Well i'll be joining x-1-1 soon so beware you lot  ;) haha

Offline munkeespuzz

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2016, 11:48:28 PM »
Nice thread this Dave. Just been reading through because SL2 isn't working yet again and juniors done a bunk  :o
Seriously considering a return to SL1 now because it seems much more active  here.

SL1 will always be better Ty, c'mon back and get the Ravens Nest up and running again, i miss winning it all the time  ;)

Lol....I better get my team sorted then! Not played this in 5yrs! I feel like an illegal intruder!  ;D

Offline bigdealdave

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2016, 10:52:49 AM »
We all do mate... And this just in...

Winter Milan made their glorious long-awaited return last night, with Davy taking on a teamful of 5-2-3 miscreants.

Looks like the competition on that TM isnt gunna be letting up any time soon  ::)
The Flashhearts
Madbastid United

Offline mihai

• UNIV. CRAIOVA
    • http://smokey.sundayleague.com/cgi-bin/sundayleague/teaminformation.pl?teamid=640
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2016, 03:22:03 PM »
I saw him online last night .
welcome back Davy and hope we'll have again those live draws  :D

it's really good news

Offline bigdealdave

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2016, 04:01:11 PM »
I saw him online last ;D night .
welcome back Davy and hope we'll have again those live draws  :D

it's really good news

Lets just give him a season or 2 to come to terms with who's boss  ;)

The Universal Cup will return in a season or so when this influx of returning managers get themselves sorted  ;D ;D ;D
The Flashhearts
Madbastid United

Offline bigdealdave

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2016, 04:08:00 PM »
5 teams left to get the FL Cup underway for this season

Also, 1 more team required to start the Beer Cup...

And if you're feeling especially frivolous we could try and get the Official World Cup and the Official Super Cup on the go???
About 10 days voting for credits will get you a place  ;)
The Flashhearts
Madbastid United

Offline bigdealdave

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2016, 11:27:07 AM »
Inter Conference Cup Round 3

Angel Rrrrs    vs    Afc Fish   
Hoarse Whisperers   vs    Roman Empire   
Fc Twente Bensons   vs    UNIV. CRAIOVA   
Jellybellies    vs    Super Imps   
Cork Agueros   vs    St Kilda Select   
Mmmrs Phoenix Pigs   vs    Baltimore Chillies   
The Killers     vs    The Mighty Reds   
The Flashhearts       vs        Aston Villains

Todays afternoon matches include round 3 of the coveted Inter Conference Cup. The top 8 teams from each qualify to represent their conference and vie for the title. Arguably the toughest official cup in the game. Heres how many teams remain from each conference...

Conference 1 -

1. Fc Twente Bensons
2. Super Imps
3. The Flashhearts

Conference 2 -

No Teams

Conference 3 -

1. Hoarse Whisperers
2. Mmmrs Phoenix Pigs

Conference 4 -

No Teams

Conference 5 -

1. Baltimore Chillies
2. The Mighty Reds

Conference 6 -

1. Afc Fish
2. UNIV. CRAIOVA
3. The Killers

Conference 7 -

1. Roman Empire
2. Aston Villains
3. Cork Agueros
4. St Kilda Select

Conference 8 -

1. Jellybellies
2. Angel Rrrrs

So no teams left from conferences 2 and 4 (Strange not seeing Floriana for a change). Conference 7 with 4 teams making it the most represented however conference 1 look the strongest right now as the top 3 teams in 1-1-1 are competing. That, plus the fact conference 7 are the only conference playing each other this round so they will definitely lose either Cork Agueros or St Kilda Select.

Good luck all round guys  :)
The Flashhearts
Madbastid United

Offline Marv999

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2016, 03:27:09 PM »
Well I had a shyte day in the office  ::) messed up a few positions/subs today as had to play weird formations yesterday to account for injuries. Got injuries in almost every game today... and to top it off it seems like every team can guess my exact tactics  >:( I need to become more effective with my advance tactics. It seems like bigdave spiteri and donkalonk are way ahead with advance tactics at the moment. I can't figure out a formula that works at the moment but definitely need to get better, losing track with the top few managers  :'(
Old Fullerians AFC (Main team) + Newcastle Legends (experimental)

Offline The Borg

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2016, 03:36:55 PM »
On the subject of injuries. I'm getting at least 1 a night this season. All good fun when trying to find your way around it until it gets so bad it's impossible...
We are The Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Offline bigdealdave

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2016, 06:50:59 PM »
Well I had a shyte day in the office  ::) messed up a few positions/subs today as had to play weird formations yesterday to account for injuries. Got injuries in almost every game today... and to top it off it seems like every team can guess my exact tactics  >:( I need to become more effective with my advance tactics. It seems like bigdave spiteri and donkalonk are way ahead with advance tactics at the moment. I can't figure out a formula that works at the moment but definitely need to get better, losing track with the top few managers  :'(

I was looking to see when we next play there Marv, just to say to you id give you a hint on my advanced tactic, i saw it was champion of champions and then i looked at the league to see im 6 points ahead with 1 game remaining  8)
Usually im quite on the ball but i didnt even realise that iv got it sewn up  ;D
The Flashhearts
Madbastid United

Offline Marv999

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2016, 12:58:47 AM »
I'd like to think I vary my tactics for all games. They are completely random every day, with no real set time changes or anything like that. Yet it seems like I'm a bit transparent with my tactics logging in and seeing on a fairly regular basis I have no more than 15 mins advantage ::)

It's quite interesting to be fair working out what to use.. e.g if winning/exactly/if not winning etc... but gets annoying going into the games thinking you stand a good chance (even changing tactics at 2.59pm!), to find out you get thrashed when you log in 20mins later  >:(

Maybe less is more with tactics.. I always use 4 options in a game and get dominated a fair bit.. maybe fewer changes will help  ???

At the end of the day I never have the time to study opposition tactics and my tactics are done in 5 minutes before the games start.. so maybe that's where I'm going wrong  :-\
Old Fullerians AFC (Main team) + Newcastle Legends (experimental)

Offline stupac

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2016, 02:26:56 PM »
Can't remember if this used to be a regular thing back in the day, but been noticing it a lot lately. Not been a problem in the lower leagues, but still annoying af.

When my regular penalty taker is injured and switched out, my keeper is taking the pens, even though i keep setting the new striker to take them.

What can be done to prevent this? Just another problem with SL  ::)
Arcadia Bay | FKA The One United

Offline northstar

• Sans Puer
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2016, 02:35:53 PM »
Nice reward for beating 1st place last night. ahh well  ::)

http://smokey.sundayleague.com/cgi-bin/sundayleague/squad.pl