https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 681746 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2070 on: September 02, 2013, 03:53:34 PM »
That's not bad, looks like they've 'borrowed' Nintendo's idea for those that buy the Premium SKU and improved it - you only have that until 31st December 2014.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #2071 on: September 02, 2013, 04:48:30 PM »
Bit of a twist on the Xbox One front...

Apparently, that free copy of FIFA 14 is exclusive to the "Day One Xbox One Editions", and only if you've pre-ordered the console too, so don't get expect a copy of FIFA if you buy later than release date or if you choose another version of the console.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-16013-FIFA-14-Only-Comes-Free-With-Xbox-One-Day-One-Edition-Pre-Orders.html

It's all gotten rather confusing on that front.
Major Nelson officially tweeted on the 20th of Aug that all preorders would get it (here), and on the 27th Aug the official XBOX account tweeted "All pre-orders come with FIFA 14 in Europe... Doesn't matter if it's a Day One console or not" (here).

Clarity really isn't Microsoft's strong point lately.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2072 on: September 03, 2013, 08:14:54 AM »
Blockbusters seem to have some Day One Editions left if anyone is still looking.

Zavvi still haven't updated their pages yet.. but actively say "Pre-order editions of the Xbox One Console will include a full game download edition of FIFA 14.".. so that to me says every pre-order with them will get it

Confused.. just a bit  ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #2073 on: September 03, 2013, 09:16:13 AM »
Game updated their website a few days back to let people know they have day one consoles back in stock.
Can I preorder the Xbox One Day One Edition again?
Yes – we’ve done some number wrangling and are happy to say we still have a limited number of preorder consoles we can offer. We’ve even re-added the bundles we had on offer.

Can I preorder the Xbox One Day One Edition online or in-store?
Yes, the Day One Edition is available both online and in-store, although we expect store preorders to run out before online ones.

So I decided to bite the bullet, and popped into my local Game on the way home from work last night to order a Day One xb1.

They had none.
They would take preorders for the console - just not for the day one edition. I'm not all that into FIFA, and the other Day One stuff doesn't really interest me all that much, but if the Day One and the regular are the same price I don't fancy paying the same price for the lesser bundle, so I walked away.
I'm back at square one.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2074 on: September 03, 2013, 10:22:51 AM »
I believe you get a download code for Fifa by the way.. so you *should* be able to sell it on straight away.. although how much it will be worth out of the box I don't know seeing as there will be a load of other people trying to sell it at the same time, so probably is worth getting one over a standard edition if you can...

Personally I love the FIFA games.. and would buy them annually as I rarely buy many sport games.. but with the uprising of quality in the NHL games in the past couple of years.. FIFA just doesn't get much of a look-in anymore.

Worth ringing round any other local stores to see if they have D1Es in stock though?

Offline Late

« Reply #2075 on: September 03, 2013, 11:06:34 AM »
There's one other local store - I'll pop by on my way home tonight if I get the chance.

Offline jman

« Reply #2076 on: September 03, 2013, 03:47:22 PM »
I'd phone them rather than waste time going into the shop and then ask them to check any other possible locations you can get to at the same time.. they might be able to do that.. I seriously doubt there will be any left though because they are now only selling the £615 Day One Edition on their website (the COD package).. which is just GAME cashing in on the day one edition shortage... and they wonder why people don't want to shop at GAME anymore.. I haven't traded with them for over a couple of years now..

If you dont mind missing out on Fifa though.. your not missing out on much else getting the standard edition... a controller (with a sticker on it) and an achievement.

Offline Late

« Reply #2077 on: September 03, 2013, 04:58:31 PM »
CBA with phoning. I don't like phones at the best of times, and they're listed as a national premium rate number. (Could probably find a standard landline number if I looked around.)
And it's only one shop, that I pretty much drive past on my way home.

A few years ago there were several within a few miles of my home, several near my work, and a fair few others near my commute. These days there's none anywhere near home or work - but there's 2 shops in Middlesbrough (I drive past Boro on my commute). Next nearest is almost 40 mile round trip to. Sod that.

I'm still not certain which console I want. I probably prefer the xbox but I worry the ps4 will outsell it by around 2:1 - which would mean better exclusives and support for Sony's console in years to come.

Offline harv

« Reply #2078 on: September 03, 2013, 05:38:35 PM »
I saw a while back that the PS4 pre-orders somewhere (might have been Germany) had outsold the One by 4:1. :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #2079 on: September 03, 2013, 09:36:12 PM »
Got no joy looking for a Day One at the other branch of Game, but had a chat with one of the lads there.
They announced a few days back that they'd be giving £40 trade in on COD, Battlefield, or FIFA (ps3 or xb360) when traded in against ps4 or xb1 versions of the same game - which is pretty similar to the deal Activision announced on COD a while back, so it's decent but nothing outstanding. But he also advised that the £40 trade-in offer applies to their xb1-cod bundles. That's piqued my interest, as it's £460 for that bundle (regular version of the game, not the rip off Premium one). It's not a Day One, so almost certainly no FIFA included*, and the COD you get is digital, but you're saving £20 on buying the console and game separately.

£20 outlay now as deposit on the bundle. Buy COD early Nov. Hand over £400 plus the xb360 copy of COD in late Nov and walk away with the console & game. Tempting...

*He said FIFA definitely isn't included with preorders that aren't "Day One", which ties in with the latest I've heard, but contradicts earlier info from MS. I do wonder if there'll be a backlash if FIFA isn't included with all preorders, which might result in MS giving the game or compo to preorders who didn't get Day One. There's no basis for that assumption, though. It's just a shot in the dark...

Offline Late

« Reply #2080 on: September 03, 2013, 10:57:55 PM »
Strong rumours today of a ps4 VR headset to be announced soon...
dealspwn

Offline harv

« Reply #2081 on: September 04, 2013, 12:25:50 AM »
Awesome, I'll be all over that next year if it happens. Now all we need is for a developer to release a Neuromancer game, William Gibson practically invented VR with that novel :o

Offline jman

« Reply #2082 on: September 04, 2013, 08:06:50 AM »
Yeah well considering their last headset cost around £1000 to buy.. I wouldn't be expecting to see it cheap if it did happen.. meaning there will hardly be any games for it and it wouldn't sell very well... you only need look at how many people have been bitching at paying that extra £100 for Kinect (if they went with X1 over PS4)... saying that..I'd love to see VR go mainstream, so any company doing R&D in this area is good in my books.

Enough next gen talk for me... GTA 5 in less than 2 weeks - its crept up fast.. cant friggin wait!! ;D ;D  Would take a day off work.. but only have 2 days left now till xmas and I have to take one day off for when the X1 launches.. its standard.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 08:08:41 AM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #2083 on: September 04, 2013, 09:27:16 AM »
I'm hoping they can do the headset for around £200 (or preferably less, naturally). Would be too expensive for me at £200, but I reckon at that point a lot of people would buy it. And if a lot of people buy it it'll get a lot more support, it's design will improve, and it's costs will reduce.
Support, improvements and reduced costs mean before long we all get in on the action.

Really looking forward to GTA:V :D It's not a "take the day off" occasion for me - partly because I'm low on holidays, and partly because I'm not terribly confident Gamestop will get it to me on release day (and my post comes at about 2pm anyway).
Need to dig out two games to use as my trade-ins. When I sold all my old games I was supposed to keep two from the gamestop list but I had a look last night and I think I only have one. Oops. Will have to have a proper check soon - of my xbox games and my wii games. I think I might have one or two Wii games that are on the trade-in list.
The game is looking fantastic - both single player and multiplayer :D

Offline jman

« Reply #2084 on: September 04, 2013, 10:47:10 AM »
NHL 14 - Sept 13th
GTA 5 - Sept 17th

too impatient.. so I bought Lego : LOTR  ;D

Will have to speed through the game to get it done in time..need a quick way of boosting my Gamerscore to 10k before the X1.. plus the real reason of me loving the LOTR franchise and actually getting some limited enjoyment from most of the Lego games.