https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 681354 times)

Offline jman

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2220 on: October 06, 2013, 10:10:11 PM »
So fucked off, 49 out of 50 stunt jumps done, but I've been through the map and video and know I've done them all  :(

Edit : Because it says I've also only attempted 49 out of 50 too.. the only thing I can think of is that I did one twice and then marked off a different one.. just sat through the video again and cant see a single one which I don't remember doing though  >:(  I am literally going to have go through them all again tonight.  Least I don't actually have to land them, can just check to see if my attempted number goes up to 50 if I fail one but its still a major pain in the ass.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 08:07:09 AM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #2221 on: October 07, 2013, 10:52:49 AM »
It tells you whether you've attempted it before?
Mine went a bit batty toward the end. All the way through, upon landing, it'd say how many jumps are remaining - but on the last two jumps it just said "undefined", which had me worrying. One of three bugs I encountered over the weekend. The second saw my characters' stats change (Franklin's special skill was maxed out, but is now at about 65%. Not sure about all other stats.) The other had all three of my characters walking around with 1% health (flashing red), which wouldn't go up with snacks, health packs, visits to hospital, switching characters, or saving/reloading. Fortunately a reboot sorted it.

Hardest jumps for me on that powerpyx guide were 4, 12, 24, and 26.
Got them all in the end, though. I also did the knife flights (damn but one of those was a complete nightmare though!) and got my 100% completion badge.

I'm now going for golds in all missions.
Should be slightly easier than I thought. I did two of them last night, and it seems you don't need to fulfil all the criteria in your attempt - you just need to get the criteria that you didn't already have. So if you need to be fast and accurate and last time you were fast but had low accuracy you can just take your time when you revisit it.

I see you have two achievements I don't have, Kieron.
One required getting all three characters together, off mission, on a 3 star wanted level. I can't do that on my current game (need to restart or reload an earlier save. Tried a few early saves but none would let me get all three guys together).
The other appears to be for getting killed by a shark. Pffft - don't think I'll go for that one.

Online seems to be working much better now, btw, for anyone who gave up - and it's good fun. There's no heists yet, but there's still loads to do.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 01:36:16 PM by Late »
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #2222 on: October 07, 2013, 11:48:25 AM »
Could be a bug perhaps..? Really annoying when a bug stops you from completing a game 100%. :-\
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #2223 on: October 07, 2013, 04:40:20 PM »
I loved getting a little notification saying Late has completed 100% of the stunt jumps.  ;D

Online has been iffy for me but it's improving. I had a few attempts at a horde mission with some people which was tons of fun. Get past wave 6 and you start to make serious dollar. Managed to get myself an apartment but now need to find a good car.

Offline jman

« Reply #2224 on: October 07, 2013, 06:48:22 PM »
Found the last jump  ;D I swear I had at least attempted that one, I may of marked off the wrong one lol

To get all 3 characters together, just use your phone and call the other two to hang out.  I just drove round the airport for 3 minutes until it popped after I finished the game, depends what you chose on the last mission though... maybe, I don't know what the other two options actually entail.

I got eaten by a shark on purpose  ;)

Are we racing towards 70 gold then?  :P

Offline Late

« Reply #2225 on: October 07, 2013, 07:31:30 PM »
It's on, Homie
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2226 on: October 07, 2013, 09:51:57 PM »
Up-to 36, so over half way.. although I have pretty much done all the easy ones first ;D  They really need a replay mission on the mission completed screen though.. so annoying to miss out on one objective and have to wait through all the loading screens to replay it.. although I have just been killing myself if I think I've mucked up to save time.

Offline Late

« Reply #2227 on: October 07, 2013, 09:58:49 PM »
I gave you a head start because I'm that good...

I probably have about 15-20 golds - not sure.

Offline jman

« Reply #2228 on: October 08, 2013, 07:53:09 AM »
15-20 pfft... that's how many I had when I first completed the game.. without trying  ;)  maybe... seriously though, the strangers/freaks missions are far easier to get gold on.. that's where most of mine are at the moment.. so you'll catch up fairly quickly once you start on them.

Offline Late

« Reply #2229 on: October 08, 2013, 09:40:43 AM »
Oh, I only looked at the main missions... I had 19 golds from 77 missions when I turned the machine on last night, then got about five more done.
Can't get all the pop-ups closed within the time limit on the virus-laden computer at LifeInvader :(

Didn't realise you only need to get 70 and they can include freaks & strangers. That makes things easier! Will probably go for gold in all missions, mind.

Offline jman

« Reply #2230 on: October 08, 2013, 10:03:27 AM »
Some of those gold missions are quite tough...I must of replayed Franklins Shift Work mission quite a few times last night.. its his first race with Hao... one of the requirements is to complete it with less than 5 collisions... which I thought I had done.. I had one crash.. in fact, another racer drove into the side of me and pushed me along for a few seconds.. wasn't sure if this was 1 collision or repeated collisions as he was pushing me.. turns out it was the latter  :(

But yeah, I'm just getting 70 gold and that will be it for me.. am going online after that because I need to crack on getting my last 700GS before Nov 22nd... I was thinking last night that I'm going to try and get to 99980GS and then replay Lost Odyssey to get the last glitchy, missable, treasure trove achievement that I missed on the first two attempts of playing it.  Would be a great send-off to an awesome console and I'm already looking forward to playing it again ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #2231 on: October 08, 2013, 11:24:11 AM »
I miss having nice round numbers on my gamerscore. Sodding Final Fantasy XIII-2 screwed that up for me :(

Getting to 100k will be quite a milestone. Only recently passed 60k, so I don't anticipate overtaking you any time soon ;)

Offline Late

« Reply #2232 on: October 08, 2013, 11:42:17 AM »
Developers UFG have announced they're currently working on a sequel to "Sleeping Dogs". No real details as yet other than it's named "Triad Wars". It seems they didn't want to announce it yet, but someone noticed their new trademark registration. Will be announced properly in 2014.

Great news. Sleeping Dogs was a fantastic game. :D

UnitedFrontGames

Offline harv

« Reply #2233 on: October 08, 2013, 04:01:28 PM »
Aw ffs, Mad Catz have now announced a new console. This gen isn't going to end well. Video Game Crash 2014, anyone..? :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #2234 on: October 08, 2013, 06:12:35 PM »
The android thing they announced about 6 months ago?
That ain't a proper console.
£100 and I might be interested.