https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: I want to purchase SL.  (Read 34392 times)

Offline Cove

• Administrator
Re: I want to purchase SL.
« Reply #90 on: December 05, 2018, 07:15:36 AM »
This is the reason to why I have asked the community for feedback and what they would like to see in the future for SL1.... If I’m honest I’m quite disappointed as I expected way more people to join the thread/chat and write down what they feel would improve SL1 but it is what it is. I thank everyone who has contributed so far and given me valuable information.

Less players than you would expect actually use the forum. I have noticed this when trying to start private leagues. Unless you send messages to players, you wll get few replies.
Rathpeacon

Offline deca

« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2018, 04:53:05 PM »
I have a lot of ideas that i'd like to share and post, but there are 2 things that i would like to see that could have an immediate impact on SL1

1. Removing the advertising in the game as it slows me down no end.
2. A decent Christmas break, say 2 weeks shut down, that would give the developers time to have a look at things whilst the game is paused for Christmas

I'll post my own aspirations for short and long term soon, but think i already posted some on this thread

Regards

Deca

Manager of Aston Villains & Cubana Villains

Offline davef

« Reply #92 on: December 06, 2018, 11:08:53 AM »
I have a lot of ideas that i'd like to share and post, but there are 2 things that i would like to see that could have an immediate impact on SL1

1. Removing the advertising in the game as it slows me down no end.
2. A decent Christmas break, say 2 weeks shut down, that would give the developers time to have a look at things whilst the game is paused for Christmas

I'll post my own aspirations for short and long term soon, but think i already posted some on this thread

Regards

Deca

Wouldn't removing advertising punish younger/poorer/part time players as, without it, costs and therefore prices to players would surely rise?

Why is the advertising slowing you down? I've never noticed any slow-downs (except maybe just before KOs when there might be many players doing last-minute changes). Just wondering.

And as for a break, absolutely. Two weeks, four weeks, six weeks --- whatever it takes to do it properly and not just get it done to get it up and running ASAP with the likelihood of breakdowns as various glitches show up and need fixing. No disrepect with whoever might be working on the repairs but ........  ;)

Offline deca

« Reply #93 on: December 06, 2018, 05:50:55 PM »
Yes, apologies, I meant to say it would be nice to turn off advertising, i.e. have the option,

Although realise it may not be possible due to income it generates for the game.

I just find it distracting  :)

Regards

Deca

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: December 06, 2018, 08:22:04 PM »
Thanks once again for all who have participated and offered great feedback.

At the moment I am currently working on the design for the new SL1. I am not actually looking into the technical side of the game (match engine, gameplay etc).. That will be saved for later after the front-end display and design side has been accomplished. Please don't worry though as I am aim to be doing everything that needs to be fixed.

The codebase is in excess of 25,000 lines and is split into multiple files with many clauses so it's not going to be a walk in the park and things will take time. I am going to have to understand how the game plays via these lines and clauses. As I am working on the front-end, Junior will be putting together a bit more flesh on to the game loop as this will make it easier for me to understand how the game is ticking. The same thing with the match engine; There are so many systems and routines that get called and I can't start this from scratch because if I did, the game won't play the same. Junior has said we would have to use an evolution of the SL2 engine but with SL1 variables. The reason why we use the SL2 engine is because this is the more uptodate game loop and most likely explains the how the engine should tick over in a better way.

So for this it is easier to work from the front end first in order to be clear on what we want it to function like and how the data is manipulated. This alone will take a while to do but will try to get it done as soon as possible.

Thanks.
Kushberry F.C & Purple Gelato
Forum Admin

Offline davef

« Reply #95 on: December 11, 2018, 01:37:13 PM »
Yes, apologies, I meant to say it would be nice to turn off advertising, i.e. have the option,

Although realise it may not be possible due to income it generates for the game.

I just find it distracting  :)

Regards

Deca

I find opponents beating me a distraction.

Where's MY button?  ;)

Offline Cove

• Administrator
« Reply #96 on: January 08, 2019, 01:14:52 PM »
It has been a while since we heard any feedback. Granted Christmas was a distraction for much of that time but I'm just wondering if there has been any progress.
Rathpeacon

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2019, 12:31:59 PM »
It has been a while since we heard any feedback. Granted Christmas was a distraction for much of that time but I'm just wondering if there has been any progress.

Hi Cove,

Sorry for the late reply. I have been busy of late and hardly been checking the forums.

I do apologise for not giving feedback any sooner.
At the moment, things are going slow. I have started the design of the new SL1 but it's going slower than expected. I am more or less doing this on my own now. I do have a team but they are failing to understand how this game plays. They want to add many features and integrations to the game but as we all know, this game was made to be played in a simple way and should more or less be kept the same with just a few tweaks and improvements. For this, I am more or less doing the design on my own for the very time being.

I am only investing around 3-4 hours a week into the new SL1 as I am really busy with work along with a few other projects that I am involved in. I did say that the design should take around 2 months to competition, but it is very more than likely that it's going to take longer. Also it doesn't help seeing that day by day, SL1 is gradually decreasing in terms of functionality and the amount of users/managers playing. We had 4 FL leagues last season compared to just 3 now and it seems that managers are losing their passion for the game. When seeing these things happen, unfortunately it decreases my motivation. Not to mention also the amount of feedback I was given when I asked the community for their opinion and help was very low. I understand not many managers are active on the forums but I still felt there should have been more. That's just my opinion anyway.

I will keep on working on the design and front end part and see what the future holds.

Thanks.
Forum Admin

Offline Cove

• Administrator
« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2019, 03:17:31 PM »
Hello Kush,

Thanks for your reply. I think we are all very frustrated at the moment which is why a lot of managers have fallen away. Fall off happens naturally but at the moment, new managers cannot join as when they register, their accounts need to be verified by sundayleague. This does not seem to be happening which means we have no new recruits coming on board.

It is the new players that add renewed interest to the game. It gets boring if you play the same team three times in a day, (which happened to me a few weeks ago). I think this is something you could look at as a priority.

I suspect that access to the forum is also a problem which might be why so few are using it at the moment.

Lastly, if we had regular updates, from you or junior, maybe every 2 or 3 weeks, or if there were small changes that we could all see, I think that would help to keep people interested. I suspect that most people are becoming disillusioned becuase they see no one driving the game. If this changed, then I think people's morale would improve drastically which in turn might help to improve your own motivation.
Rathpeacon

Offline deca

« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2019, 06:10:57 PM »
Spot on Cove, Couldn't agree more,

Small regular changes makes sense, and will show the game is developing, improving the game will soon bring those that have left back

Cheers

Deca

Offline jimbo

« Reply #100 on: January 10, 2019, 07:58:12 PM »
Hello Kush,

Thanks for your reply. I think we are all very frustrated at the moment which is why a lot of managers have fallen away. Fall off happens naturally but at the moment, new managers cannot join as when they register, their accounts need to be verified by sundayleague. This does not seem to be happening which means we have no new recruits coming on board.

It is the new players that add renewed interest to the game. It gets boring if you play the same team three times in a day, (which happened to me a few weeks ago). I think this is something you could look at as a priority.

I suspect that access to the forum is also a problem which might be why so few are using it at the moment.

Lastly, if we had regular updates, from you or junior, maybe every 2 or 3 weeks, or if there were small changes that we could all see, I think that would help to keep people interested. I suspect that most people are becoming disillusioned becuase they see no one driving the game. If this changed, then I think people's morale would improve drastically which in turn might help to improve your own motivation.

Hi Eamonn,

I echo everything you say.

Regarding your comment with the forum issue for new members, I have just sent a text message, a WhatsApp message, an instant message via Facebook messenger and an email to the two active email addresses I have for Junior. I am hoping that there is a solution to this problem as the forum is key to in game communication.

Fingers crossed  8) :) 8)
Fulham's Finest

Offline The Borg

• Administrator
« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2019, 08:46:29 PM »
Think there is bigger things to worry about than the forum personally. Like actually letting managers joining the game verify ttheir accounts. At the moment no new manager sticks about as the verify email isn’t coming through. So people are joining then instantly leaving. Couple that with current managers leaving the game is going down the pan.

What I will say about the forum is that it needs to go back in game like it was before and is on SL2. It is constantly being spammed by bots. Between 4pm and 8pm it had 30 requests. As I write this it has had another 4 more!!!!  I have a photo but it is too big to attach. This goes on all day. Easily 200 requests a day from spammers.

We are The Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Gull

« Reply #102 on: January 11, 2019, 09:21:53 AM »
Read your first post on this thread Kush and remind yourself why you got the ball rolling in terms of improving SL, we need you firing on all cylinders! Since I went back to work on the 2nd December I haven't had a lot of time - my forum activity has suffered but I'm still here lurking in the shadows. Hope you can get the optimism back.

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #103 on: January 11, 2019, 03:15:24 PM »
I have just emailed Junior telling him of the current problems that need to be resolved asap.

1) Sign up verification - I can create a new registration/sign up page that will work and give any new users all confirmation needed.

2) Team/extended history - Season progress needs to be fixed along with extended history as some users don't have that page anymore.

3) Forum that is integrated on the SL1 website and not external like the current one.

I have told Junior that if he has no time due to other work commitments to fix theses, I can attempt to do them as soon as possible.

Waiting to hear back from Junior.

Thanks.
Forum Admin

Offline bluestarknights

« Reply #104 on: January 11, 2019, 05:55:34 PM »
thanks Kush, i may be quiet but your effort is appreciated