https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 682240 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #3870 on: April 03, 2018, 01:02:40 AM »
Just read a review and it's sounding good. Very surprising seeing as how Bethesda completely fucked up Fallout 4 VR but I guess having PSVR as the lead platform ensured that Skyrim VR passed Sony's Standards testing so the game at the lowest settings doesn't perform like a pig.

Touch control implementation is good too, and there's free locomotion and smooth rotation for those of us with superior brains that makes us completely immune to simulation sickness lol :P ;D

Have bought it for £31.99 from Greenman Gaming and have activated it on Steam. It's busy downloading so I'll try it tomorrow. 8)

What with this and Elite Dangerous I can see myself ending up like this:

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Makes me wish I had a wife or girlfriend, I'm going to need someone to feed me and change my adult nappy when it's full lol :-[
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #3871 on: April 04, 2018, 05:45:00 PM »
Have given it a go and unlike Fallout 4 VR and Doom VFR it's very good. It still has a few issues here and there but they're only minor and most of them can be tweaked by changing some values in the INI file.

Have just started adding a few mods now, there are LOADS of them that are working without any issues, a few that are partially working and two or three so far that aren't working at all. Some of those partially working and non working ones are being worked on by the modders concerned which is cool.

Very happy paying 32 quid for It, money well spent I think. 8)

No performance issues either but there's a huge bug that stops your hit box moving with you if use room scale VR but that should be a quick and easy fix for Bethesda to do.

Going to add all of the graphics mods, environment mods and immersion mods first and then see what tickles my fancy later on.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #3872 on: April 05, 2018, 01:32:16 AM »
Have now installed a load of mods and the Skyrim 2017 Textures mod in particular is amazing. Makes it look like a completely different game and my 1080 is having no problem at all with the 4K textures.

Offline harv

« Reply #3873 on: April 05, 2018, 03:20:37 PM »
Over a hundred fully working mods available now. Outstanding. I managed to fuck up a couple I think so I've uninstalled the game and am reinstalling the mods again. Seeing the first dragon at the start of the game is a fantastic experience. 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #3874 on: April 07, 2018, 12:50:04 AM »
Just started playing it again. Killing people isn't a problem but for some reason I was on the verge of panic getting attacked by three wolufs lol. Had my heart beating a bit faster to say the least lmfao.

I think I'm going to start a new game again though because I forgot to pick up the first book you come across and that sort of thing will drive me crazy lol

Only have 37 mods installed so far, I might add a few more later on. First one I did was the 4K textures, game looks beautiful now. ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #3875 on: April 08, 2018, 08:12:46 PM »
Fuck me ragged with a wire brush!!! It's looking like people are working on a VR version of the Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE). What does this mean? It means that if they manage to get it sorted then EVERY Skyrim Special Edition mod will work for Skyrim VR including SkyWind and SkyBlivion (assuming that they ever finish them lol.

So I'll be able to play Oblivion and the best Elder Scrolls game of the lot, Morrowind, in VR using the Skyrim engine. This is fucking HUGE for a big Elder Scrolls fan like me ;D ;D ;D

Hopefully they'll both be finished within a year. Can't wait!!! 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #3876 on: April 10, 2018, 01:33:56 AM »
Wish I'd never stepped foot in the pub in Riverwood now. I can't get the song that the bard was singing out of my head lol ;D

Offline stupac

« Reply #3877 on: April 11, 2018, 03:18:20 AM »
I could never go to Solitude without getting a song in the Winking Skeever lol
Arcadia Bay | FKA The One United

Offline harv

« Reply #3878 on: April 11, 2018, 08:33:31 PM »
I love my horsies in Elder Scrolls games, am going to buy one when I eventually win the Euromillions, but I'm not going near one with Skyrim VR. I'm going to just take my time and walk around taking in the sights. Playing Flatrim you really don't appreciate how beautiful the environments are, particularly when you've added 4K textures, the Static Mesh Improvement Mod and JK's Skyrim AIO Mod.

Offline harv

« Reply #3879 on: April 11, 2018, 08:41:13 PM »
Upload VR have bunged up a Before And After video on YouTube, they've used over a hundred mods here but I've only got 40 or so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI66Gdd6BoQ

230 mods tested so far - 10 not working, 22 partially working and 198 working without a problem. Mods are one of the reasons why I prefer PC gaming to console gaming, you have mods available on console games here and there but the mod community usually concentrate their efforts on PC versions.

Offline harv

« Reply #3880 on: April 11, 2018, 10:42:22 PM »
Woo hoo!!! Someone has sorted out putting extra perks into SkyrimVR so that we can use the Ordinator Mod. Before someone did the Perk Extender Skyrim VR crashed every time you tried to use Ordinator. Now it's been fixed I've now got 400 or so extra perks to play with for even more RPG goodness. 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #3881 on: April 13, 2018, 08:35:00 AM »
Oh fuck. Bleak Falls Barrow is CRAZY good in VR. Got the Golden Claw and just saved before I open a bloomin great big door. Have had to take a break because my back is killing me. :(

Oops, forgot to post this last night lol

It's really annoying that I can't play for longer periods due to my back. I COULD play sitting down but then combat would lose a lot of its appeal.

Offline harv

« Reply #3882 on: April 15, 2018, 02:35:39 AM »
12 hours into Skyrim VR now and this game is SO GOOD in VR. The only real problem I've had is with punch ups because unless you change the INI file (which I'm going to do tomorrow to save myself having the problem again) your character moves in the direction your left controller is facing. Meant that I was having problems sticking and moving lol :o ;D

The INI change screws up the steering for the horsies but I don't think I'm going to bother riding one because going on foot takes longer and gives you a chance to enjoy the scenery more 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #3883 on: April 28, 2018, 01:56:14 AM »
Two very important and awesome things happened today:

1) Bethesda released a patch for Skyrim VR which has fixed most of the issues with the game meaning you don't have to fuck about changing values in the INI file.

2) Bethesda also released a patch for Fallout 4 VR which has increased performance, fixed the crappy controls and added compatibility for the Rift and WVR headsets.

I bought Fallout 4 VR earlier tonight and it's awesome. ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #3884 on: April 30, 2018, 08:14:35 AM »
Finished Far Cry 5 last week, in my opinion, not as good as FC3 or FC4 - better than Primal though (which isn't too hard) - the story is just a bit crap to be honest, and none of the missions really felt like they added to the story.. great free-play roaming game... although hunting seems almost pointless in this game - worth a play once it comes down in price.

Played (or rather watched) Late Shift last night - its a interactive short film - its pretty good actually, definitely going to go through it again - its got 7 endings - free on Xbox Pass - worth a download.

Downloaded ClusterTruck aswell from Xbox Pass - its mindless and a bit shit.. but somehow has an addictive one last go feel to it.

Also bought A Way Out and played about 75% through that with a buddy.. you can't play it on your own.. some sections in there are awesome.. they really put a lot of thought into the co-op aspect and they do a lot of new things I've not seen before in a co-op game.. but its too linear really.. I was hoping for a bit more free-roaming.. you get funnelled down one route the whole game... and whilst there are sections where you can go off and play mini-games on your own or together.. its not enough.