https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 682096 times)

Offline Late

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #1785 on: May 09, 2013, 03:07:35 PM »
Thought I saw Crash Course 2 advertised on the dash as I turned the xbox on last night, but went straight into COD so it was only on my screen for a second so I wasn't sure. Will definitely have to download that - the first one was a lot of fun. :D
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #1786 on: May 10, 2013, 08:07:55 AM »
Well you have to be a gold member to play crash course 2.. so I havent played it yet... will probably get a couple of months worth soon.. dont want to buy a years membership until I know whats going on with the 720.

But I played Far Cry 3 : Blood Dragon and it totally kicks ass... so many 80s movie references (and a few game references) in there.. it draws mostly from Terminator.. but also a lot from Predator too but I've seen Rambo, Robocop and a few others too... its also very funny.. the dialogue is hilarious... I think it helps playing Far Cry 3 first certainly as I didnt have to worry about getting to grips with how things work as the gameplay is all very similar... The blood dragons are immense.. humungous lizards who roam the landscape kicking the shit out of everything in their path.. I managed to kill one last night - but it took absolutely ages... definitely recommend this game... this is how DLC should be done!

Offline jman

« Reply #1787 on: May 11, 2013, 09:24:31 AM »
Wow, blood dragon is so awesome, finished it this morning, probably took about the best part of 5-6 hours, the 80s movie references just kept coming, there is an epic rocky part to the game towards the end that's just to awesome for words. The one liners come thick and fast too - if they don't produce a full game featuring rex power colt, it would be a crying shame - he's the new duke nukem!

Offline Late

« Reply #1788 on: May 11, 2013, 01:51:24 PM »
Just started Far Cry 3 about 10 minutes ago. If I enjoy it I'll definitely get Blood Dragon.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #1789 on: May 12, 2013, 05:19:07 PM »
Yeah I wouldnt really recommend Blood Dragon if you dislike FC3 - but personally, FC3 was my FPS of last year.. fantastic game.. dont know how anyone could really not enjoy it... just a shame theres not a lot to do after you've finished the mammoth sized campaign and all the quests.  I guess the main story in Blood Dragon isn't that long.. but it has Predator/Hunter challenges and also collectibles which I pretty much enjoyed from FC3 as well.. so again, if you find those bits boring, you might want to read a few more reviews before buying.

Bought (a preowned) Bioshock Infinite for £25 the other day (impulse buy really - could of probably got it cheaper).. Played for about 90 minutes this morning and enjoying it so far.. although it is feeling quite restrictive and linear so far.. but then I guess the other 2 were the same... the environments are great though, one thing they always seem to nail.  Be doing a cull of my games after I finish Bioshock.. quite a big cull if the rumours that there wont be any backwards compatibility in the 720 are true.

Offline Late

« Reply #1790 on: May 12, 2013, 09:57:13 PM »
Wasn't too sure about getting Far Cry 3, as I hated Far Cry 2. Glad I got it in the end, though. Loving it completely.
Did the first very short mission (of 34 I think), which was unavoidable, then went off and did my own thing for a long while. Racked up around seven hours just exploring, liberating camps, and upgrading equipment, and I've only seen a fraction of the island so far. Will have to get a bit of the campaign done now - some of the areas I'm getting into now are a bit tricky, but should be much easier once I've obtained new equipment, recipes, etc. I'll get from the story.

Damn but I love a well structured and constructed open world :D
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 09:59:16 PM by Late »

Offline jman

« Reply #1791 on: May 13, 2013, 08:12:38 AM »
 ;) Told ya.. the only part of FC3 that grinded on me (after a while) was the delay in getting the map/menus up when pressing Select/Start... and having to make potions with fucking flowers... becomes a bit tedious after 30-50 hours which the game will easily take you... thankfully, Blood Dragon did away with a potion type of system.. your just a badass in Blood Dragon.

Saying that.. its hardly a massive thing.. your in for a treat with FC3, the campaign is excellent, mainly helped by Vaas who is probably one of the best scripted character I've seen in a game for a long time.. so savour his craziness lol.

So far so good on Bioshock.. did another hour last night.. slightly concerned theres been no mention of any Big Daddys yet though :(

Offline Late

« Reply #1792 on: May 13, 2013, 03:20:51 PM »
Only real problems I've had with Far Cry 3 so far are it's a bit buggy from time to time.
Fell through the map yesterday, and my character was waving his arms and legs around as he fell through nothingness. Did a fast-travel to a safe house to get out of that, and he ended up levitating in the safehouse with his arms and legs waving around - which was amusing. (Sorted by a restart.)
I also don't like the driving - but that's just a personal thing. Never have liked first person driving - I much prefer when a game switches to third person when you get in a vehicle.

I don't mind the flowers thing so much. It's definitely a damned site better than that annoying bloody antivirus thing you had to do in FC2. And I've got my backpack fully upgraded, so at least those flowers aren't taking up much space now. (Doubt there's many people started mission 2 with most of their equipment fully upgraded.)

I'll keep quiet on Bioshock Infinite - don't want to post any accidental spoilers. Suffice to say I enjoyed it, but I definitely preferred Rapture and it's inhabitants.

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #1793 on: May 15, 2013, 03:05:19 AM »
Finished Doom 1, nostalgia factor was OK for about an hour or so, but I just got bored and wanted to finish the game...Bit of a slog in the end, but wiped up all the trophies for it, so will move onto Doom 2 at some point...Won't be anytime soon though.

Got Dishonoured, Hitman HD Trilogy and Resistance 3 today...All for under £50 collectively. Bargain. Will start something new this week I think, Sleeping Dogs most likely.

Offline harv

« Reply #1794 on: May 15, 2013, 04:57:58 PM »
The demo of Revelations is up for the Wii U, not sure if it's available on the PS3 and 360 yet but if it is then download it and give it a go. It's the first decent Resident Evil game since Resident Evil 4. Going to be interesting to see what changes they've made to the ship layout for those of us that have played the 3DS SKU. It's worth buying for RAID mode alone, and I'm really hoping they're going to include a Mercenaries mode too. I love Mercenaries mode in Resident Evil games ;D 8)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #1795 on: May 15, 2013, 07:17:47 PM »
Best thing about the game is that they're unlocking the hardest difficulty level right from the start, the last 3 Resident Evil games (4 if you include Revelations on the 3DS) have been way too easy until you complete the game and unlock the hardest difficulty level. Once you do that they're on a par with the first 3 games where you need to fire a few shots and then take a few steps back. Being able to move and shoot at the same time kind of takes the stress out of things though which is a shame.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #1796 on: May 17, 2013, 11:58:43 PM »
Forgot how insane Infernal difficulty was lol. :o ;D

Turns it into a proper Resident Evil game, the fuckers eat bullets and shot for breakfast and just keep on coming. Good to see from the trailer that they've improved the eye candy of the final product, wasn't too impressed by the eye candy in the demo.

Am still in two minds whether to double dip on this though because they've left the layout of the ship the same by the sound of it which is a bit disappointing tbh. Still, if you haven't played Revelaitons on the 3DS then this is an essential purchase, it pisses all over 5 and 6. 8)

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #1797 on: May 18, 2013, 04:18:53 PM »
EA announce no FIFA 14 for the Wii U as well as having no games in development for it. LOL #AbandonShip
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 04:21:06 PM by ancelotti »

Offline harv

« Reply #1798 on: May 18, 2013, 05:04:35 PM »
No surprise there, they're still having their hissy fit over Origin.

They're going to be forced to change their tune with regards to Wii U support before the end of the year by shareholders after the releases of Wii Fit U, Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, Wind Waker HD, 3D Mario, Mario Kart 8 and whatever surprises they have up their sleeves for release this year give the Wii U an installed userbase over 10m.

What I'd like to see them do is release their own football, American football, golf and boxing simulations. The first 3 won't have thejlicencing that their EA Sports counterparts have but those sims, each with the usual standard of Nintendo polish, would certainly be great to play. :o

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #1799 on: May 19, 2013, 12:41:48 AM »
So, Harv once claimed that pointer controls were the future of football games, and lo and behold, we sit here under the annoucement that there won't even be a 2014 edition of FIFA for the Wii U.  :-\