General > Music

Favourite Concept Album..?

(1/3) > >>

harv:
Concept albums, I love them. ;D

What's your favourite one..? For me it would have to be The Mad Hatter (1978) by Chick Corea, closely followed by The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway (1974) by Genesis.

Most of the best concept albums came out in the 70s, guess that may have something to do with the copious amounts of drugs flying about...although that wouldn't explain why the 60s didn't produce as many of comparable quality.

chelseachelsea:
i by Patrick Moraz closely followed by The Lamb

harv:
Will check out Moraz, never heard of him. ;D

Alan Parson's Project's Tales of Mystery And Imagination is also a corker. 8)

I'm really surprised that there aren't more quality concept albums from the 60s given the ridiculous amounts of LSD floating about lol, the only one that stands out is Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. Maybe it's just selective memory on my part because I tend to prefer 70s stuff.

chelseachelsea:
Moraz actually played with Yes for a few years/tours. I think he also had a close collaberation with Chris Squires the Yes Bassist.

The album isn't actually called i, it's the story of i, but not the letter i, i is a building....you really have to listeen to yhe album to understand. 

harv:
Will definitely check it out.

Tommy and Quadraphenia would have to be up there with the best too, and Ziggy Stardust too. But that's still only two from the 60s including Sgt Pepper. Really weird how that works out, perhaps LSD flashbacks in the 70s from drugs taken in the 60s is to blame. :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version