https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: How Fast Is Your Internet Connection..?  (Read 29921 times)

Offline harv

Re: How Fast Is Your Internet Connection..?
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2012, 07:47:44 PM »
I've got an Antec 1200 gaming case so the drives just slide out so there's no problems replacing them. I'm going to stick with Spinpoint drives from now on, will get myself a 1TB F3 during the next few weeks but I'm having to juggle a few finances at the mo to fund my U purchase. Should have £650-odd quid saved up by the time release date comes up.

Had a couple of losing runs on my tips service but I've now subscribed to a second one which has considerably lessened my losses and seriously increased my chances of my profits. Am about £96 up now after being a couple of hundred points up yesterday. The tips I'm getting on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays I'm backing at £5 per point and the latest tips I'm trying out on a free 14 day trial are 7 days per week and I'm backing those at 50p per point. Once my betting bank is over £450 I'm going to double my 50p stakes on the daily tips and when I've got over £500 I can earn around £150 profit risk free with spread betting.

These daily tips work out at £68 per month but I've got a free 14 day trial then another 7 days at half price but the way things have gone so far I've got no problems paying the full whack every month...it's a licence to print money so far. :o

8)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline styles

« Reply #61 on: December 25, 2012, 01:18:17 PM »
Recently upgraded to sky fibre as i get it for half price. Crazy upload speeds lol, download is now up around 16 most days. Perfect for COD!!
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline bealec

« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2012, 08:14:25 PM »
So the long running broadband saga is over. Sky have compensated me £111.42 and have offered me a get out clause as they couldn't give me the broadband speeds they promised me. I won't take it as it doesn't matter who I'm with the speed will be the same as they all use the same equipment and line.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2012, 12:32:34 AM »
You actually live in Reading? And Virgin Media don't have fibre running there yet?
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline bealec

« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2012, 07:20:32 AM »
No I live in Northampton and they're not running fibre from my exchange just yet.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2013, 08:37:44 PM »
Now have my upgraded service from Virgin. Up from 20MB to 60MB. Good enough for me.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline jman

« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2014, 03:28:03 PM »
Been a bit narked off with Virgin recently.. they were supposed to up my connection from 20 to 60 ages ago.. I put it off for a while as I didn't really want to talk to their indian call centre.. but when I did, they didn't fail to amaze me - the steps they told me to do had a bit of a hitch and my superhub wasn't working and at one point during the phonecall, they told me to remove the Ethernet cable from the hub and hold it approximately 1-2cm away from the unit.. I was like.. does it matter where I hold it (trying to humour them).. apparently it did and I had to hold it 1-2cms from the hub for around a minute.. as if some magic was instantly going to transfer from the cable to the hub lol... it didn't work, so I just had to stop speaking to this crazy indian woman, she hadn't a fucking clue.. after about an hour or two aftewards, it started working.. checked my speed and it was still capped at 20mb.  :o

Well I couldn't be arsed to mess around with it again, so that's what I've stuck on since then.. about 3 months ago I got a letter saying that they have been undercharging me for 60mb broadband and that my next bill would reflect the new payment plan... even though the upgrade which didn't work was supposed to be free of charge.. well I checked and my service plan has still been the same amount since that letter.. if it had gone up, I probably would of threatened to leave unless I got a better deal.

Now I've got an email saying they are upgrading me to 100mb for free shortly... this will be the last chance for them I think.. if I cant get setup for 100mb then I'm definitely leaving them - paying £45 a month for a shitty phone line that costs more than using my mobile and only having 20mb internet is a total rip-off..

Offline Late

« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2014, 04:44:20 PM »
I, too, have recently been promised a "free" upgrade from Virgin (from 20mb to 50mb) - due to kick in at the back end of 2014.

We'll see.
Last time I was told I was getting a free upgrade I was told I'd need to get a superhub - and that I'd need to ring them to sort that out. Well that isn't going to happen. I don't have a landline, and I'm not ringing Pakistan on my mobile for a two hour conversation, so I just ignored it.
The upgrade time came and went and my speed never changed from 10mb - until about 6 months later when it suddenly doubled. Without me getting the superhub.

I don't know if you can sort those things out by webchat/webforms, but unfortunately that's not an option as our internet is in the wife's name and she forgot her password about ten years ago. I've had no joy trying to get it changed in the few occasions I've spoken to Virgin over the years.

So I guess they were talking out of their arses when they said I'd need a faster modem to handle the increased speeds. I imagine they'll tell me the same later this year. Time will tell whether they're talking bo11ocks.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2014, 06:42:16 PM »
Those old Motorola cable modems can handle at least 50Mbps because they did that before the Super Hubs existed. They just want to replace those because they're easily cloned lol ;D

Should be getting mine upgraded between April and June. 8)

Probably means that they're going to raise the price by a fiver again in the not-too-distant future though.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline larry

« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2014, 11:13:58 AM »
Id love to have a fibre connection, ive been with BT for many years now. And with them i was getting a massive 4.7meg  :o Which still enables me to do what i need to, but we all always want more.

Ive just recently moved over to sky as they have offered it free for 12 months (rude not to!)

And i now get 8meg!! So why the fuck wasnt i getting that with BT ?

Glad ive made the move now!

Offline larry

« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2014, 01:44:33 PM »

Slower than 63% of the UK

And im happy with that !!  ;)

Hate to think what the percentage would have been if still on 4.7 meg?

Offline harv

« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2014, 05:16:48 PM »
Because BT are useless ;D

I had a disagreement with BT years and years ago after the sneaky bastards cut my phone off BEFORE I got a red bill. :o They couldn't even blame the post because the date the service got cut off was before the date on the bill. Needless to say I didn't pay the fuckers. >:(

They're on my Blacklist, along with Lloyd's Bank who refused to extend my overdraft by £30 so that I could go to my Grandad's funeral. And I even did the legitimate thing and talked to the Assistant Manager about it rather than just going to my local branch and writing a cheque to pay cash to me. They never used to check my balance, they just gave me the dosh...when that wanker refused to let me have the money I did what I should have done in the first place and wrote myself a cheque, except for 50 quid so that I could have a few pints lol ;D

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2014, 05:32:45 PM »
Looking forward to my free upgrade to 100 mb

Offline harv

« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2014, 04:55:52 PM »
Yup, me too. Should be getting mine done soon. 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2014, 04:44:17 PM »
Nice! Got my 100 Meg connection a few days earlier than expected. 8)