https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 683411 times)

Offline jman

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2985 on: November 24, 2014, 12:41:13 PM »
Yep, I don't plan on playing Halo again until they completely fix matchmaking and when I've finished FC4.. obviously Halo is great and all, but I've played them to death... I think the Halo 5 beta is out 8th December if memory serves me right.. so I'll definitely be all over that like a tramp on chips.

Annoying that I actually got 100 gold medals on Defense Grid 2 before I realised that annoyance.. sometimes it helps looking online for the achievement requirements before doing it, to say I was a bit narked off is an understatement lol.

I got sod all in that Xbox One promotion.. a free poster to download lol.. great stuff.. I reckon it must go on how much you've spent in the marketplace in the last year rather than tenure or when you bought your console.

I definitely didn't have time to play Sunset Overdrive over the weekend, but I am still planning to pick it up in the new year, perhaps for a few quid cheaper.. and when I have a new hard-drive.. I've only got 40 GBs free at the moment  :-\

In regards to Far Cry I've been a fan since the very first one.. I didn't like the fact they changed it so much in FC2, but you could see where they were going and it was good but they ruined it with stupid gameplay mechanics such as malaria and respawning enemies.  FC3 fixed that and was my GOTY in 2012.  Then the spin-off 80's B-movie styled Far Cry was awesome too.  Crysis has never been that great.. just the amazing graphics in the first one carried the name.. its nowhere near as fun as Far Cry.

Offline Late

« Reply #2986 on: November 26, 2014, 11:11:48 AM »
Ugh, don'cha just hate it when a game is reduced to half price a week or two after you buy it...

Defense Grid 2 is £10 on xbox One, now, as part of the "Black Friday" sales.

Other offers on the One, from xbox marketplace:
Rayman Legends £12
Valiant Hearts £6
Assassins Creed Black Flag £28
Killer Instinct Ultra £16
Amazing Spider Man 2 £20
Angry Birds Star Wars £8
Sniper Elite 3 £30
Diablo 3 £36
UFC £18
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 11:18:07 AM by Late »
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2987 on: November 26, 2014, 11:46:49 AM »
Hah, that sucks alright  >:(

How the fuck did I miss the release of Geometry Wars 3 - that totally sneaked under the radar.. I didn't even realise they were developing it.. I thought the studio had been shut down for good  :o :o :o

YES!! Just had a quick peek at some reviews.. definitely downloading that tonight!!

Offline Late

« Reply #2988 on: November 26, 2014, 05:58:43 PM »
Games With Gold, December 2014:
Xbox One:
Worms Battlegrounds

Xbox 360:
The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief
SSX

majornelson
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #2989 on: November 27, 2014, 05:44:44 PM »
Black Friday deals on xbox marketplace, tomorrow (Discounts are valid 28/11 - 1/12)

NHL 15   Xbox One Game   45% £30.25
Madden 15   Xbox One Game   45% £30.25
FIFA 15 Holiday Edition   Xbox One Game   45% unknown price
Watchdogs   Xbox One Game   33% £40
Titanfall   Xbox One Game   75% £10
Titanfall (Bundle)   Xbox One Game   75% unknown price
Titanfall Season Pass   Add-on   75% £5
Battlefield 4   Xbox One Game   50% £20
Battlefield 4 Premium   Add-on   50% £20
Wolfenstein   Xbox One Game   50% £25
Ryse (Legendary Edition)   Xbox One Game   50% £22.50
The Evil Within   Xbox One Game   50% £25
The Walking Dead Season 1   Xbox One Game   40% £12
The Walking Dead Season 2   Xbox One Game   40% £12
The Walking Dead Season 1 + 2 bundle   Xbox One Game   50% unknown price
Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Digital Pro   Xbox One Game   10% £81
Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor   Xbox One Game   50% £27.50
Destiny Digital Guardian Edition   Xbox One Game   10% £76.49

Definitely gonna have to buy me some Walking Dead. Been hoping for a price drop on that. I've already played Season 1 on the 360 but I'm tempted to get the bundle and play the first one again on the One before playing the second. Great game and I'm happy to play it again, and doing that will mean my choices from S1 will carry over to S2. (The choices don't make a massive difference, by all accounts, so it's no biggie, but would still be nice to be in my own position rather than the "default" one as S2 starts.)

Titanfall for £10 (and the season pass for £5) is an absolute steal for anyone who doesn't yet have it.

majornelson
hukd

Offline jman

« Reply #2990 on: November 27, 2014, 07:33:35 PM »
Nice one late

Not interested in any of those though, saw game were selling watchdogs for £15 earlier though.

I did get limbo, just hadn't checked my messages on the xbox, just assumed it would of come through email with the other guff they sent

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #2991 on: November 28, 2014, 06:51:26 PM »
GAME have some nice deals on, shame their website is totally fucked and you can't order bollocks all... ::)

Offline Late

« Reply #2992 on: December 03, 2014, 11:55:16 AM »
Assassin's Creed Victory.
Next year's Assassin's Creed game will take place in London during the 19th century.
Kotaku

Blimey that's an early leak.
Doubt I'll even buy this year's game, Unity, for another six months. If at all, tbh. I like the AC games, but reports aren't great on Unity. Sure it's pretty (aren't all of the AC games?) but if it's part of Ubisoft's recent attempts to be the new EA* (nobody likes EA - don't try to be them!) then there's little appeal.
Shame, as Ubi have perhaps been my favourite publisher in recent years.

*i.e. their recent policies which appear to be:
release games as soon as possible - no matter how glitchy they are;
charge as much as possible for additional content and season passes;
stick as many "microtransactions" in there as possible; and
switch all pc games to their own client (drop steam etc.) and hike the prices.

I put microtransactions in quote marks because there's nothing micro about some of this stuff. In some cases they're asking you to pay more than £60 for stuff. In a game that you've already paid £40 for. Ridiculous.
The Crew - pay £39.99 for 600,000 "Crew Credits" (allowing you to buy better cars).
AC Unity - pay £64.99 for 20,000 "Helix Credits" (allowing you to buy upgrades).
These things are optional, of course, and you don't have to buy them. And in fact I'd argue you're a bloody idiot or have too much money if you do buy them. But it's indicative of the way Ubi are making games these days. Make it so that you can do everything you want to if you spend a ridiculous amount of time grinding, but present the option of paying to speed things up. In fact, don't just "present" the option. Push it. Push it hard.

And it's not like they're subtle about it. They've made it clear they want to turn every $60 customer into a $200 customer [Youtube]. It's understandable you want to make more money. It's what you're here for. But you don't do it by alienating people. By reducing the quality of the product you're selling. Increase the quality, and sell more copies!

Offline Late

« Reply #2993 on: December 03, 2014, 02:35:00 PM »
Duuuuuude!

Sir Clive Sinclair is crowd-funding a Spectrum.
Seems to be a controller with in-built emulator. Plugs directly into your TV, and has a thousand original speccy games built in - but you can download roms for other spectrum games and stick them in on an SD card.
Play the games instantly, without having to listen to 5 minutes of: loading screen

Target - raise £100k within 61 days.
Progress - raised £108k so far. With 59 days still to go, lol.

TBH I'd love one of these. For about an hour. Then it'd end up in the back of a cupboard.
So not worth the £100 asking price.
Might be tempted if it were about £20 though.

indigogo

Offline harv

« Reply #2994 on: December 03, 2014, 04:01:46 PM »
Fucking hell, I'm going to be all over that!!!

The original Football Manager game (written in BASIC!!!), Elite, Jetpac, Lunar Jetman, Manic Miner, Lords Of Midnight...loads of top quality games. I've probably put around a thousand hours into Elite over the years. :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #2995 on: December 03, 2014, 05:09:49 PM »
Actually, now I've had a look at it I'm not going anywhere near it. Way too overpriced. I'd pay a hundred quid for it if it was a portable job. As it is I can do exactly the same thing on my PC for free. :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #2996 on: December 06, 2014, 09:31:10 AM »
Passed 75'000 gamerscore a few days ago, which I think takes me to the highest level on the rewards scheme. Not that that's worth anything really, but still a nice milestone to pass.
I see they're giving reward points to people who buy Halo in December. Bit of a kick in the teeth to those of us who bought it on release, in November. And I've barely played it yet.

edit - autocorrect
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 12:33:44 PM by Late »

Offline jman

« Reply #2997 on: December 08, 2014, 12:20:11 PM »
Well done, seen you've been earning a ton of achievement points over the last month.. I cant keep up.. mostly because I've been hooked on Geometry Wars.. and some of those achievements aren't easy or quick to get.. annoyingly they put local co-op achievements in there, so I wont be getting them as I still only have one controller, but gonna try for all the single player ones before I go back to Halo.

How stupid is it that Far Cry 4 doesn't have a 100% completion achievement.. I finished the game last weekend, and have no real reason to go round completing absolutely everything.. I'm not a big fan of some of the side-missions (like hostages) so I'm just not going to do them with no incentive whatsoever.. I've got all the single player ones and some of the multiplayer ones, but I think I'm done on that game.. nowhere near as compelling as FC3.

Offline Late

« Reply #2998 on: December 08, 2014, 12:43:09 PM »
I've spent most of the last fortnight replaying Limbo and The Walking Dead Season One and then playing Season Two for the first time.
Those games all came out on the 360 and all had 200 gamerscore. Then they bring out the same game - and it's a relatively small game with fairly easy achievements* - but you can now get 1000 gs on it.

Pow - three thousand gamerscore in a week, without really noticing it.

*The two thou for Walking Dead is just for playing the game. They pop from time to time as you progress the story, and it's literally impossible not to get them.
Some of the Limbo ones were a bit trickier, but fun to get. Seventy gs for each hidden object makes it a bit more compelling, mind.

Offline harv

« Reply #2999 on: December 08, 2014, 04:36:05 PM »
Am going to get both Walking Dead games for the PS4 when I get one next year I reckon, assuming that they don't come 'free' with my PS+ subscription before then.