https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 682107 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2625 on: March 08, 2014, 01:52:18 AM »
You should have imported it from the States. ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #2626 on: March 10, 2014, 08:09:05 AM »
Yeah.. maybe.. bit of a hassle.. you do miss some great scenes in the European version.

I haven't finished it yet.. but I'd definitely stick it in top 10 games ever played, quite possibly top 5.... it is so funny.. my favourite scene so far is when the underpants gnomes come and shrink you at night and you have to climb through the walls fighting them, culminating in a fight in your mum & dads bedroom who are romping in the background.. then the boss gnome appears and you have to fight him on their bed.. with your mum's tittys and dad's gonads swinging around in the background... one of the boss gnome's special attacks is to call your dads testicles to swing at you, and you have to do a kind of matrix bend to dodge it LOL  ;D ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #2627 on: March 12, 2014, 01:04:28 PM »
Bought Lego Marvel last night for £19.99. It's going to be the first Lego game I've gone anywhere near since Lego City Undercover, hopefully the outright awesomeness of that game isn't going to spoil my enjoyment of Lego games because that game raised the bar pretty high tbh.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #2628 on: March 12, 2014, 02:14:21 PM »
If you like Marvel you'll love it, mate. I believe I've played all Lego games apart from Undercover, and the new Hobbit one (not sure if that's out yet - I think it's due around now), and the Marvel one is definitely my favourite.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #2629 on: March 12, 2014, 04:59:32 PM »
You're missing out by not playing Undercover. It isn't restricted to a particular film so it has a lot more freedom and it contains loads of characters and jokes from loads of police telly series and films. And Frank Honey in particular is really funny. There's no co-op though so it's pretty much a single player game which is a departure from the traditional Lego game formula. The city is bloody HUUUUUGE too and there's a ridiculous amount of content.

Offline Late

« Reply #2630 on: March 12, 2014, 06:13:12 PM »
The Lego games are great - I'm happy to pay twenty quid for them. I'm not going to pay £250 to play the one that you think is best from the one you've played....
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #2631 on: March 12, 2014, 08:18:32 PM »
I've played most of them, the ones I haven't played are Lego Batman 2, Harry Potter and that Rock Band one.

And it's not just me that says it's the best of the lot, it's the most critically acclaimed last I saw unless another one has taken the crown since last March when it released.

Offline harv

« Reply #2632 on: March 12, 2014, 08:22:30 PM »
Just had a look at Metacritic and the Metascore has dropped since I last saw it. It was 84 back then. >:(

Offline harv

« Reply #2633 on: March 12, 2014, 08:44:55 PM »
Oops, forgot about the Movie one too!

I think they've been milking the franchise a bit too much tbh though :-\

Offline Late

« Reply #2634 on: March 12, 2014, 08:59:33 PM »
Okay, you're right. I'll go pay £250 for it.

Yeah, I forgot about the movie one, too.

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #2635 on: March 13, 2014, 12:32:12 AM »
Same old Harv. If a game is critically acclaimed he's happy to cite that fact in support of his point, and if a game is critically panned it's because the reviewers are all useless and don't understand games.  ;D Sure it's not cognitive dissonance affecting your mental health?  :P

Cancelled my Watch Dogs pre-order the other day. Going to wait and see what it's like now after the recent disappointing trailer. Looking forward to getting Titanfall though. :)

Offline Late

« Reply #2636 on: March 13, 2014, 11:34:53 AM »
Mario Kart "Honest Game Trailer"

8)

youtube

Offline harv

« Reply #2637 on: March 13, 2014, 03:55:59 PM »
Saw that on another forum earlier today lololol ;D ;D ;D

When I saw the title of it I thought it was in response to the Downgradeaton Saga with Watch Dogs, so was expecting a series of clips showing dodgy Watch Dogs-esque situations from third parties contrasted by Nintendo's honest approach where games look like their original reveal trailers where the game looks as good as if not better when they're released lol ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #2638 on: March 15, 2014, 12:16:09 AM »
Fucking hell, someone's missus on Gaf put their 3DS through the washing machine the other day. He bunged it in rice and the thing still works. The top screen isn't too clever though:

Looks like the Nintendium Mine is still producing good quality ore lol ;D ;D ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #2639 on: March 15, 2014, 02:32:20 AM »