https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Films Thread  (Read 192350 times)

Offline jman

Re: The Films Thread
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2012, 09:21:57 AM »
Yup going to watch American Pie : The Reunion tonight.. by the 2 trailers I saw.. it looks OK.. but Im haphazarding a guess here that they are the best bits of the film.. the rest will be drivel.. interspersed with annoying trashy american rock music... but the missus wants to see it...

Well I was mostly right, some of the funniest bits in the film were ruined by watching the trailers.. however there were other amusing bits.. the ending was great!!

...if you've seen the film "Grown Ups" then its in that same kind of vein, but obviously with the cast of the original american pie.. theres no real story to it - but it does have a few good laughs in it.. its nowhere near as bad as the wedding one (AP3), so I'd say if your a fan of the original or the 2nd one then go see it... its been 13 years since the first one came out and I did feel a bit old watching the new one..  :o  ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2012, 04:38:11 PM »
Have to say as well... I watched the trailer for Piranha 3DD last night as well and it looks absolutely hilarious!!

Offline harv

« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2012, 06:39:14 PM »
Here's a question for you...how many funny films have you watched that have had you in hysterical or near hysterical laughter..?

Only a few for me:

A Fish Called Wanda
Airplane
Naked Gun

The first one there had me laughing so much that it physically hurt lol ;D

'You owe me, a p-p-p-p-pound' lololol :P

Might have to download and watch that again now 8)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline chelseachelsea

« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2012, 07:13:33 PM »
Dead men don't wear Plaid

Space balls and the very best...

Life of Brian.

All hilarious to me.

Offline Late

« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2012, 08:51:35 PM »
Loads.
Anchorman stands out though - I'm not a Will Ferrell fan but Steve Carrol's character had me in tears.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2012, 09:17:29 PM »
Aw christ on a bike, how could I forget about Life of Brian..?!!?!? That's another one to add to my list. He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!!! ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2012, 01:34:11 AM »
Here's a question for you...how many funny films have you watched that have had you in hysterical or near hysterical laughter..?

One always springs to mind. "My Cousin Vinny". Never fails to make me laugh.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline bealec

« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2012, 09:54:23 AM »
Role models
Anchorman
The Hangover.

Offline harv

« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2012, 11:37:22 AM »
Fish Called Wanda was the best for me, had tears from laughter when those chips went up the nose lololol ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2012, 11:43:52 AM »
I'll add There's Something About Mary to the list. Probably my favourite comedy ever.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline styles

« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2012, 01:26:02 PM »
hangover
inbetweeners
superbad
life of Brian
40 year old virgin (me so fing stupid lol)

quite a few for me
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline Late

« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2012, 04:49:24 PM »
Watched Chronicle last week. Looked good from the trailers last year, but then I heard a couple of bad reviews and kinda forgot about it.

Very much enjoyed it - gotta be worth at least 8/10 in my book.

Offline jman

« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2012, 05:12:36 PM »
Dumb and Dumber has to be the best slapstick comedy ever made.. Jim Carrey films are awesome...

"It feels like your running at an incredible rate Harry"... never makes a car journey boring  ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2012, 05:34:15 PM »
I'll add There's Something About Mary to the list. Probably my favourite comedy ever.

Forgot about that one too, nearly wet myself when the dog died lololol ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2012, 01:01:39 AM »
Watched the first half of Battleships tonight.

I pray I never have to sit through the rest of the film.

I don't think I have the vocabulary and literary skills to adequately convey how bad this film is. Suffice to say it's even worse than Knight And Day - the only film I've ever rated as 1/10 on IMDB.