https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 680654 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2265 on: October 18, 2013, 11:15:36 AM »
Looks like I was right about Sonic Lost World and mixed reviews. :-\
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #2266 on: October 18, 2013, 11:19:39 AM »
Rumours abound today that Driveclub is delayed until 2014.
Now confirmed.
playstation blog

Revised list of Sony disk releases for the ps4 in 2013:

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
Battlefield 4
Call of Duty: Ghosts
DriveClub
FIFA 14
Just Dance 2014
Killzone: Shadow Fall
Knack
Lego Marvel Superheroes
Madden NFL 25
NBA Live
NBA 2K14
Need for Speed: Rivals
Skylanders: Swap Force
Watch_Dogs

Note that there are digital releases in addition to the above.
That launch line-up has definitely taken a hit, though.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2267 on: October 18, 2013, 12:10:48 PM »
Just 2 exclusives now.. ouch.. pretty pointless in getting one at launch especially with GT6 launching on the PS3 around the same time.. madness that its not PS4 compatible.

Gotta get my game pre-orders in soon... was hoping to see cheaper retail prices on Dead Rising 3/Forza 5.. but doesn't look like its going to happen anytime soon.

Offline Late

« Reply #2268 on: October 18, 2013, 01:07:29 PM »
I still haven't decided what I'm doing about COD.
I'll buy it, because I'm virtually guaranteed a lot of gameplay out of it (due to a combination of it's COD, and I won't have many games).
And of course it makes sense to get the xb1 version.
But I'm not sure where to get it, whether to get it on xb360 and upgrade it, or what.

Not so bothered about all other launch games (just to show I'm not biased against Sony, with my earlier post)...

Will almost certainly buy on xb1:
   Call of Duty: Ghosts
   Forza Motorsport 5 (in preordered bundle)
Interested, but happy to get 360 version and/or wait a while:, or miss it altogether   
   Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
   LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
   Battlefield 4
   Need for Speed: Rivals (maybe)
   Killer Instinct (maybe)
   Zoo Tycoon (maybe)
Not interested in the slightest:   
   Crimson Dragon
   Dead Rising 3
   FIFA 14
   Fighter Within
   Just Dance 2014
   LocoCycle
   Madden NFL 25
   NBA 2K14
   NBA Live 14
   Powerstar Golf
   Ryse: Son of Rome
   Skylanders: Swap Force
   Zumba Fitness: World Party

Aside from COD (and the digital copy of Forza my bundle comes with) there's no launch day "must have" games for me.
I'm keen on Titanfall, Watchdogs, and Peggle, but they're all out early next year.

I want AC4 and Lego Marvel, but I'm happy to wait and see if there's good launch offers, and wait longer still if there's no decent prices. And with those titles, I'd be happy to buy the 360 version instead of the xb1 version if the two versions are virtually identical but the prices are far apart.
For instance, I see Lego Marvel can be preordered for £29.85 on the xb360 or the ps3 (from simplygames). The cheapest I can find the xb1 and ps4 versions is £40(zavvi).
I ain't paying an extra tenner if it's the exact same game. I've not read/heard anything on that, but I doubt there's any differences between the versions.
(Speaking of Lego Marvel, I hear a demo was released on both xb360 and ps3 this week.)

So all in all, there's not a massive amount of appeal in day 1 titles for me, personally, on either xb1 or ps4.

Having said that, both options beat buying a Wii U, of course.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #2269 on: October 18, 2013, 06:46:55 PM »
Bloody retailers take the piss in this country, they always have console launch titles a tenner more expensive than previous gen games. They did the same with the Wii U too. You can generally shop around and get them for the same price but not always. In the States Batman Arkham Origins for the Wii U is cheaper than the others due to the missing multiplayer but over here it's more expensive. I'm going to get the Wii U version at some point because going by Arkham City the single player experience is going to be far superior due to the GamePad use but there's no way in hell that I'm going to get it day one because of retailers' greed. >:(
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #2270 on: October 18, 2013, 08:18:32 PM »
In my attempt to frantically chop down my PS3 backlog as much as possible before Playstation 4 arrives, I've knocked out Platinums for FIFA 13 and RAGE recently.

Been having serious withdrawals from FIFA though, but its not quite the same when a new version is out...Have it pre-ordered for the PS4 though, and it would only be a distraction on my backlog anyway. It's quite easy for a FIFA Platinum too, though it does still have that dreaded In Form card trophy (which is now actually unachievable, due to support of the Team of the Week being dropped now FIFA 14 is out)...I got my In Form player comfortably though, so the rest was easy.

I quite liked RAGE, given the fact it was Bethesda who were responsible for it, which is a company I hate for a number of reasons (E.G, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim...), but this was alright...It actually worked, for starters, but the trophy list was way too collectible heavy, and I hate lists that lock out a few collectibles when you're visited the area and can't go back, so you have to replay the whole game for the sake of 2/3 collectibles!

It's quite short anyway, so it wasn't too bad to play through again, especially since it had been so long since I last played it. Going through the co-op missions was annoying though...Had to blast through them in split screen with a second controller because the online is so dead these days...Easy, but annoying.

I'm pretty resigned to the fact I'll still have a hefty backlog when PS4 is out, but it's gonna take some time for a sizable amount of games I'm interested in to roll out anyway, so I'll most likely being playing both consoles simulatenously, I'd imagine alot of people on the 360 will be doing the same too.

Offline Late

« Reply #2271 on: October 18, 2013, 10:48:31 PM »
Aye, my 360 should still get a lot of play after I've got the One - partly because I've got a backlog and likely still will have for a while, partly because some games will be current gen only for a while (eg Arkham) and partly because games are so much cheaper for the older platform.

Good (ish) news from Microsoft today. They've stated Games With Gold will continue for the foreseeable future. It was originally supposed to go up to December. They're mainly old or rather obscure titles, but free is free.

Offline harv

« Reply #2272 on: October 19, 2013, 09:15:41 PM »
Decided to replay ZombiU again and forgot how tense and stressful the bloomin thing was lol ;D Certainly a very far cry from any other zombie game out there, even two or three zombies are enough to give you problems lol. Definitely the best game released during 2012 for me, I love it!!! 8)

Offline jman

« Reply #2273 on: October 21, 2013, 09:44:00 AM »
Been playing a shitload of NHL14 recently.. even played quite a few games online.. out of 6 games, I lost my first 3 then won the next 2 but then lost in OT on the last one.... it was fun, but there are some far better players online than me... so it wasn't fun in the aspect of getting absolutely creamed in a few matches.

Back onto Kinect Adventures/Arcade Games this week though.. need to get that GS up  8)... will need at least 2 weeks spare to replay Lost Odyssey (probably more)... got to remind myself how to start a new game plus... probably requires me beating the last boss first.. so I'll have to do that, probably not the easiest thing to do first when you haven't played for years.. or I could just start a new game.. haven't decided yet.

I wont be going back to the 360 very often after the X1 comes out.. will be buying all my new games on the new console.. pointless buying one otherwise!

Offline harv

« Reply #2274 on: October 21, 2013, 08:26:49 PM »
Haven't really gone near my PS3 or 360 since I got my Wii U, am getting a couple of games for my 43rd birthday next week - Wind Waker HD and one of the following as a surprise: Sonic Lost World, Deus Ex, Batman Arkham Origins or Splinter Cell Blacklist. Hopefully my Mum's going to realise that some of those games are pretty cheap so she'll get me two of them lol  :P ;D

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #2275 on: October 21, 2013, 08:48:59 PM »
Alright for some. I'm lucky to get a card off my parents these days! Soon as I turned 19 the birthday presents dried up!

Offline harv

« Reply #2276 on: October 21, 2013, 11:30:02 PM »
Shin'en have tweeted that their going to reveal their next Wii U game in a matter of days. Can't wait!

One of if not the most talented indie devs out there, and they always release games with top quality eye candy. They're old-school and were involved in the demo scene for years twenty years or so ago when geeks were doing ST and Amiga demos all over the place. Those were the days!!! 8)

Offline jman

« Reply #2277 on: October 22, 2013, 08:53:15 AM »
X1 - 1 month till launch today  ;D

I've asked for some wonga for my upcoming birthday.. had a lot of stuff to pay out for recently.. all good stuff... but the X1 fund took a bit of a battering unfortunately.. was on £500 but only has £370 in it now.. need to pull my thumb out and sell the rest of my 360 stuff to top that up.

Offline Late

« Reply #2278 on: October 22, 2013, 09:37:44 AM »
w00t @ only one month to go :D

Been thinking what do do with my game credit. Most is going on the console, of course.
I had a little under £530 credit but paid £20 deposit to the xb1 so I have c£510 credit remaining.
£410 of that will pay off the rest of the console purchase, so I have around approx £100 left.

I'm thinking COD on the 360 for about £45 early Nov, upgrade to COD xb1 for £10 late Nov, and one extra controller approx £45.
Means I'm effectively paying £55 for COD on the xb1, which is a bit steep (game sell the xb1 version for £50) but I'm actually paying £55 for the game on xb1 plus 17 days hire of the xb360 version.
I usually pay around £25-£30 for the game in launch day supermarket deals, but this is a bit of a one off. I'll be back to bargain hunting next year but this year I need to use my store credit.

All in all, if I've traded in a load of old xb360 games (leaving myself with two xb360 consoles and about 25 games) in exchange for an xbox one with Forza 5, COD Ghosts, and an extra controller then I'm happy with that. Those games were just gathering dust.

Offline jman

« Reply #2279 on: October 22, 2013, 02:23:11 PM »
I was thinking.. sell GTA5 on ebay this week - will get me up to £400 for the console + Fifa14

Trade enough games in for £100 credit... that will get me Forza 5 and Dead Rising 3 then use any money left over to buy a new controller.. although I can wait on a new controller to be honest.  I keep putting off going into GAME because I cant be arsed to sort out a spreadsheet and then go into town to do it... prehaps I'll get time this weekend.