https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Foreign Telly Thread  (Read 3545 times)

Offline harv

The Foreign Telly Thread
« on: December 19, 2013, 05:02:34 PM »
Just thought we should have one of these. There's quite a lot of good foreign telly available out there so I thought it was about time me had a thread dedicated to it. By foreign I'm including anything that isn't from the States or the UK.

Here's a few series I recommend:

1) Underbelly - An Australian series that depicts gang warfare in the past, pretty surprising how corrupt the Aussie police were :o All based on real events in the past. There was talk of there being a US version being done but I haven't heard anything for a while.

2) The Millennium Trilogy - A Swedish series in 6 episodes altogether with two episodes making each part of the trilogy. Don't want to give much away but it all revolves around a journalist working for a magazine called Millennium and a goth hacker.

3) Spiral - A French cop show which I've just started watching, so far I've seen a murdered whore dumped in a skip with her face literally beaten to a pulp, a cop sticking a shitload of coke up his hooter, some nutjob nanny that's cut a baby to pieces and a bloke that's been clumped on the head, set alight in the fireplace and has had a consensual fist fucking before he died :o. Good start! ;D

There's a shitload of Japanese series on Netflix but I haven't checked anything out yet.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 05:41:39 PM by harv »
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

Re: The Foreign Telly Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 06:22:15 PM »
Didn't know they'd made a TV series of the Millennium Trilogy.
Are they set before or after the films? Or a remake? I see it stars the same people.

Edit - ah, never mind - it seems they split each of the films into two parts to televise them.
They're good, but (as is usually the case) nowhere near as good as the books.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 06:25:24 PM by Late »
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 07:04:29 PM »
Aw, didn't realise they were films first. I guess technically they shouldn't be in my list then. :P
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 07:24:02 PM »
I've seen the first series of Underbelly, very good.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 09:21:35 PM »
Yup, they're all pretty good but I think the first one is the best so far. The one with the Razor Gangs was pretty good too, set in the Twenties if I'm remembering correctly. There's a new series that's almost finished I think so will download it and have a look early next year. Think it's the 6th series.

Still can't believe how corrupt the Aussie police was back in the day lol ;D ;D ;D