https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Dramadies  (Read 3013 times)

Offline harv

Dramadies
« on: October 31, 2014, 05:33:59 PM »
Also known as Comedy Dramas.

What are your favourites..?

Am rewatching The Mentalist from the beginning and just seen that it's been renewed for a 7th and final series due to be shown next year.

Supernatural
Lie To Me
Psych
Castle
Jonathan Creek
Sherlock

Probably forgetting about loads but those are some of my favourites.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

Re: Dramadies
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 07:36:41 PM »
How could I forget Sopranos :o :-[

Best of the lot 8)

Weird how the Yanks seem to have these sort of programmes down to a fine art given how generally useless they seem to be withaalmost everything else :-\
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Dragontao

Re: Dramadies
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 09:50:43 PM »
I wouldn't class some of those as dramedies.

Sopranos, Castle and Supernatural all have a fair amount of humour. Possibly of those 3 Castle would come closest, but there are some more serious episodes, it's just that Nathan Fillion tends to play a wise cracking character, like in Firefly and Serenity.

Supernatural, again the comedy element is fairly minimal behind a more serious backdrop, and there have been many episodes without much humour, it's more like a supernatural version of Lethal Weapon, which is still classed as an action movie.

Dean and Sam are more the Riggs and Murtaugh characters, while Castiel is Leo Getts. Not quite sure who Crowley is. A Supernatural type show that was more a dramedy was Reaper, which was excellent (shame it got axed prematurely).

Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.