https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Mumps  (Read 13003 times)

Offline jman

Re: Mumps
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2014, 11:40:06 AM »
Fuck sake, fiancée just came back from the docs who have told her she has a suspected case of mumps.. she definitely had the vaccination.. but the docs said she didn't have a top-up/booster which made her vulnerable.

We'll see how it goes, she has a small swelling in her neck but nothing as bad as mine at the moment, I'm fucking sick of this virus now  ::)

Offline Late

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2014, 06:04:29 PM »
Ugh, nightmare mate
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2014, 07:58:34 PM »
I guess that's the disadvantage of the vaccinations as opposed to having it as a kid.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2014, 09:16:02 AM »
Fuck sake, fiancée just came back from the docs who have told her she has a suspected case of mumps.. she definitely had the vaccination.. but the docs said she didn't have a top-up/booster which made her vulnerable.

We'll see how it goes, she has a small swelling in her neck but nothing as bad as mine at the moment, I'm fucking sick of this virus now  ::)

So your bits might be back in working order, but you may not get a test run to check everything's working for a while.  :P
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline jman

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2014, 11:46:35 AM »
lol... summat like that.

One of her friends has now gone down with mumps too... I did sit next to her for dinner when I was unknowingly contagious.. amazing how the virus can spread so easily  :'(

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2014, 12:29:37 PM »
Have you been to the Bridge recently? ...

... I bloody hope not lol.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline jman

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2014, 03:15:29 PM »
Haven't been for a month or so, although I did go to 2 ice hockey games so this might not be the end of it  :-\

Offline jman

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2014, 03:29:00 PM »
Fiancee definitely has mumps, she's been off work for a week already and her face swelled up quite a lot... and now she's also developed symptoms akin to viral meningitis which can be caught from mumps.. she's awaiting a call back from her GP at the moment, but its looking like I will have to do doctor duties again this weekend... fucking virus!!  >:(

Her friend, I don't think she has mumps, there's something wrong with her but the docs don't know what it is, a suggestion of glandular fever has been thrown about though.

Offline harv

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2014, 04:23:53 PM »
If she has meningitis then take her straight to the hospital emergency department. Unless I'm getting viral meningitis mixed up with another sort of meningitis, if there is one, then it can kill.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2014, 04:59:00 PM »
Aye you are, bacterial meningitis... Gp spoke to her and said he knew she didn't have meningitis by her voice..  :o :o

Offline harv

« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2014, 07:05:25 PM »
Ah, my bad. One of the regulars in the Queen's Head years ago died from bacterial meningitis. Her and her family just thought she had a bad cold or the flu and then hours later she was dead :o Really nice girl too :(

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2014, 08:40:11 PM »
Gp spoke to her and said he knew she didn't have meningitis by her voice..  :o :o

I'd be thinking it's time to change GP.

Offline jman

« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2014, 01:06:52 PM »
Nothing to do with mumps.. couldn't be arsed to start a new topic - but since we were all talking about broken bones on this one...

Went out for work summer party yesterday.. boat down the thames.. with a rock band on board, free booze all night and a bbq.. was great.. but did a bit too much jumping around whilst dancing.. landed awkwardly and felt my toe next to the big one bend all the way back... once the alcohol wore off I could really feel it and now its all red and swollen.. I think its broken as its quite painful to walk..

Supposed to be doing a charity ice hockey tournament in 2 weeks and a holiday in 4 weeks (which will require a lot of walking).. not what I needed  :(

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2014, 10:01:37 PM »
Dennis Wise played a whole match against Bolton with a broken toe on his left foot, got man of the match too.

That Man City keeper carried on in an F.A Cup final with a broken neck.

Stop being a wimp ya pussy,

Mind you, red and swollen you say? Could be internal damage. Very serious. Could lead to toxic shock syndrome. Septimcemia will set in and you'll probablyl lose the leg while they're battling to save your life.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

On the bright side, you'll be able to have a prosthetic leg made with a built in skate for ice hockey and won't have to worry about breaking bones in that foot again.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Offline jman

« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2014, 10:29:22 PM »
Heh, it depends on the kind of toe break you have, I carried on playing football when I broke my nose, saved a penalty after I did it too  ;)

I only said it was painful to walk, or rather a bit uncomfortable putting weight on it, not going to stop me doing my cycling, broken or not... and sure I'll be fine playing hockey too ;)