https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Theological Ramblings.  (Read 17757 times)

Offline Momo

Re: Theological Ramblings.
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2012, 07:40:18 AM »
Trying to prove God doesn't exist, to me, is dogmatic. It's impossible to achieve and I just think people are wasting their time by trying to do so.

The onus is on the religious fraternity to prove that their God does exist but they have no evidence whatsoever to back up the existence of this omnipotent being. It shouldn't be on those who don't believe to prove he doesn't exist because there is absolutely no need to do so because of the complete lack of proof of God's existence in the first place.

I don't believe that most atheists do try to prove that God doesn't exist. I don't know any who take that approach. I'd rather ask for the proof that he does. None is ever forthcoming.

Instead those who believe question such things as evolution by trying to use the fact that science does try and prove hypotheses and theories, and then continually questions them, to try and claim theories on evolution are wrong, yet completely ignore a plethora of scientific evidence supporting the theories.

There is no need for Atheists to disprove the existence of a God or Gods, science will do that for them eventually.
Sooner rather than later hopefully, the gap is getting smaller and smaller which is encouraging.
Unfortunately most governments see Religion as a very very usefull political tool, so for the time being we are very much stuck with it.
The rate that technology is advancing is quite phenomenal at the moment, we seem to be moving into a 'new age of reason'. The passing of information is almost instantaneous at the moment, so the Internet provides the perfect platform for Atheist and Theists alike, but as science is so quickly advancing the Theists bandolier is running out of bullets rapidly. Given the evidence produced in science eventually the more intelligent of the indoctrinated masses will see reason and be able to face reality without the feeling of dread.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2012, 08:15:50 AM »
There is no need for Atheists to disprove the existence of a God or Gods

Isn't that what I said?  ???

science will do that for them eventually.

I don't think science can prove God doesn't exist, because of the very nature of what the believers say God is. It's one of the clever ways in which they hang on to their beliefs.

Science can prove that the believer's claims of how the world came to be and how we came to be here are wrong, which is the case already. That blows the credibility of their belief system out of the water.

It is unfortunate that there are gaps in evolutionary knowledge and records for them to latch onto. Mapping of genomes will close many of those gaps. Unfortunatley, the lack of organic evidence from millions of years ago makes mapping genomes of species long extinct impossible, but that's where cladistics comes in. Then there are concepts such as the molecular clock which is used to predict at which point two species diverged.   

Gaps in the fossil record don't help. Yes new discoveries are made all the time, but the fossil record is never going to be complete because of the circumstances and conditions necessary for fossils to form. In many cases it has been pure luck that a particular species has found itself in the fossil record.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 08:17:24 AM by Dragontao »
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline Momo

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2012, 08:38:01 AM »

science will do that for them eventually.

I don't think science can prove God doesn't exist, because of the very nature of what the believers say God is. It's one of the clever ways in which they hang on to their beliefs.

[/quote]

Have Faith brother. ;)
Love a bit of irony, lol

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2012, 09:07:31 AM »
I've been trying to have Faith for years ...

...  she's having none of it.

Although I did go out with a pretty blonde called Hope for a while, but that was back in the 80's. After that, Hope was lost.

Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2012, 03:19:05 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KBx4vvlbZ8 - Thought I posted this the other night, must have done something wrong.

It's a debate between William Lane Craig - a Christian philosopher/apologist and Christopher Hitchens. It's a video that just goes to show why it's futile arguing with Christians! I've watched a few of Craig's debates and he's probably the best I've ever seen. His use of rhetoric and his ability to deconstruct arguments is second to none. Hitchens is a clever man but gets slaughtered.

WLC has called on Dawkins to debate with him a few times but Dawkins has always refused.

Offline harv

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2012, 04:03:03 PM »

Although I did go out with a pretty blonde called Hope for a while, but that was back in the 80's. After that, Hope was lost.

Think you'll be needing Charity myself :P
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2012, 04:18:21 PM »

Think you'll be needing Charity myself :P

I've always been willing to give a bit to charity.  ;)

Offline Momo

« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2012, 06:35:16 PM »
What about this headcase..........deary me.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2012, 09:35:14 PM »
Haha, what a nut job. I think he needs to look at what really built his country. Geology, evolution of plants etc. Not to mention the fact that America had a population before Westerners got there, the American Indian, remember them?

Now this one has always made me laugh. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZFG5PKw504. His grasp of science is amazing.

Happen to quite like this as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu7AQTs_y5A&feature=relmfu Good ol' Dawkins. Not very politically correct though. Mind you if the chap in Momo's link had told Muslims to get out of America and not atheists, he'd probably have been arrested.

Offline Momo

« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2012, 10:27:01 AM »
A wee bit off topic, but I've just finished watching this, some light comedy from Micheal Sheen.
Not a bad movie, some of you might like it.

Jesus Henry Christ

Only one pop-up to deal with.

Offline Momo

« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2012, 12:21:58 AM »

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2012, 01:13:13 AM »
What a joke of a debate. lol

Two of the most articulate, intelligent authors in the world vs an inarticulate bishop and Anne Widdecombe!

William Lane Craig would wipe the floor with the both of them.

Offline Momo

« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2012, 02:10:18 AM »
Love a massacre.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2012, 02:24:43 PM »
Anne Widdecombe, how could anyone take that seriously. I mean, stick a grey beard on her and she is the spitting image of Ken Bates.

Offline Momo

« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2012, 03:45:36 PM »
This chap is very aggressive, this is one of his tamer opinions....................Pat Condell.