https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Olympics  (Read 18167 times)

Offline Late

Olympics
« on: July 29, 2012, 10:30:04 AM »
So nice to see the royals helping out with our medal hopes by getting a horse to ride around in a small paddock. Cos that's a proper sport.

I was more impressed with the dancing dog on BGT than with this bollocks...
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

Re: Olympics
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 10:31:23 AM »
I've unexpectedly liked the olympics so far, watched a bit of rowing, swimming and gymnastics on saturday, a bit of the diving and cycling yesterday and probably catch a bit more diving today, not sure what else is on, will probably watch a bit at lunch today... havent bothered watching the professional sports like tennis & football... seems pointless having them in the olympics to me...

but you do know theres more than one channel of the olympics.. you dont have to watch dressage you know lol... I agree though, its a complete waste of time.. lets see who can dress the horsies up the best and whose horse walks the nicest!!  I bet harvs in his element

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 11:17:28 AM »
Love the fact that the Government has championed the Olympics as being for the people, yet my employer, a local Government council has completely blocked anything to do with sport from web access. Can't even look at Olympics news on the BBC website in your lunchbreak.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline Late

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 11:23:23 AM »
I, too, have enjoyed the Olympics more than expected so far.
And I'm very impressed with the Beeb's multi-channel thingy on Sky, where you can pick from dozens of high def streams on one channel - with it's well designed interface. (Sounds like I work for 'em, there! Credit where it's due, though.)

Shame the weather's been poor so the beach volleyball birds are in wetsuits.
Damn but I'm so pc...

If you're on android, the official London 2012 app works well, Drags. Dunno if there's a similar thing on ios. No substitute for having proper access to the sports sites, but it seems a decent little app.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 05:45:11 PM »
Let's get this straight, the BBC - funded by the license payer, are showing a lot of the Olympics on Sky, which is only accessible to Sky subscribers? Is that correct?
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline Late

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 06:26:40 PM »
lol - I've no idea what the beeb coverage is like on freeview, as I don't can't get it (and my region's still not gone digital. I specifically mentioned their coverage on Sky because one of the lads at work mentioned Virgin's made loads of new bbc channels instead of having everything on one channel. Pretty much the same result, just without the fancy interface.

Offline jman

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 11:08:23 AM »
Its on BBC 1 pretty much all day.. where it cant be on BBC1 it changes over to BBC2.. and its also on BBC3... no idea what the sky coverage is like..

Getting a bit fed up with just watching swimming every night on BBC1 now.. apparently last night was only the half way point with swimming too... wouldnt mind so much but when its women football on BBC3.. I just cant be arsed to watch.. plus you cant get an HD feed of BBC3 and sport in general just looks so much clearer in HD...so I've been watching BBC1 mostly.. I have noticed that GB are terrible at womens basketball though.. and they all look like muntas too..

Offline Late

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 02:22:43 PM »
You only have one BBC HD channel?
On satellite there's BBC One HD and BBC HD.
The channels are nowhere near each other in the planner, nor anywhere near the SD Beeb channels, so I'm wondering if maybe you have it but never noticed.

I've mainly been sticking to BBC One HD, hitting the red button, then you pretty much choose which of around 18 live events you want to watch - all in HD.
There's been an uncanny amount of Womens' Beach Volleyball in our house lately...

Offline jman

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 03:33:22 PM »
Pass.. lol.. actually I do remember seeing a BBC HD channel.. I thought it was just BBC2 in HD with a stupid name though... never really bothered to check.. BBC1 is channel 50 and I think BBC HD is channel 54 on freeview... no idea if thats what you are talking about or if there are any more channels I might of missed, will check tonight

Offline jman

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 08:04:42 AM »
I believe (and I could be wrong here)... BBC HD is used for BBC2 normally on freeview although during special events, such as wimbledon and the olympics it does show different programming from BBC2.. but the red button doesnt work on it nor the BBC1 HD channel... I believe the channels your mate was talking about on virgin tv are the bbc red button channels.. and I think on freeview they are channel 301 and 302.. although I only found that out this morning, so cant confirm if its true or not.. but they are definitely not HD on freeview if they do exist... just BBC 1 and BBC HD are

I watched some boxing last night.. great stuff.. it would of been one of the very few events I would of applied for tickets... the super heavyweight from kazakh is a monster.. 6ft 9 and built like a brick shithouse... then they showed GB's Luke Campbell (bantamweight) and he looked like a scrawny piece of piss lol...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 08:07:20 AM by jman »

Offline harv

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2012, 08:20:27 PM »
Note to self: next time I play a football management game (probably Manager Mode on FIFA 13) do not have Ramsey taking penalties and do not sign the Korean keeper lol :P
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2012, 09:15:24 PM »
Cant believe you watched the football over jessica ennis ya big poof!!  ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2012, 09:35:07 PM »
Ennis is a bit of a moose mate, the other two are much better looking. Forgotten their names now.

Extra time for the football. Am I the only one that thinks 'Team GB' sounds awful..? Always used to be 'Great Britain'  in previous Olympics. :-\
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2012, 09:53:06 PM »
Was at the Aquatics Centre last night... can't describe the feeling of disappointment in there when Becky only got bronze! That American 15 year old was insanely quick though... Shame about the amount of empty seats, would have thought it'd be packed out. Lovely architecture though.

Amazing win for Ennis today, one of the best bodies at the games for sure! Mo Farah has just won in the 10,000m too. Finally starting to see some good results for Team GB!

Offline harv

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2012, 10:44:53 PM »
Is that a World Record...? Can't remember that many consecutive penalties end up in the net before now..? :o Pretty sure it is..? Anyon :-\e..? :o ??? :o