https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Olympics  (Read 18087 times)

Offline harv

Re: Olympics
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2012, 11:33:16 PM »
Oops, not even close, the record is 48 :o ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2012, 12:38:25 PM »
Cant believe you watched the football over jessica ennis ya big poof!!  ;D

Agreed. Ennis was fantastic - ditto most of team GB in the last few days. Not really bothered about the footy. Would've been more interested if they'd given Beckham the send off he deserved.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2012, 05:08:05 PM »
Just had a look on Sky Sports and we're third on the Medals Table :o How on earth have we managed that :o 8)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline bealec

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2012, 07:07:09 PM »
Just had a look on Sky Sports and we're third on the Medals Table :o How on earth have we managed that :o 8)

Cycling and Rowing.

Offline harv

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2012, 07:31:33 PM »
Not bad considering the size of the population in the UK ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2012, 09:29:07 PM »
We are the only nation competing in every single sport though.. the only nation to do so.. because of automatic qualification.. it also means we have the most number of athletes competing... probably has helped a bit... just about to watch Mr. Bolt kick some ass tonight

Offline harv

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2012, 09:39:42 PM »
Aw bum, not as impressive as I thought then lol :-[

Offline Late

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2012, 07:36:24 PM »
Having people automatically qualify has little or no bearing on getting medals. Team GB have been outstanding - don't belittle their amazing accomplishments.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2012, 09:00:46 PM »
Not belittling, we've done great so far but being the host nation definitely has its benefits, especially with the fantastic support our athletes have been given so far!  someone I know put themselves on the waiting list for tickets and got 100m mens final tickets for £10, why couldn't they of been sold for that price in the first place, huh  >:(

Offline styles

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2012, 06:15:26 PM »
Chris Hoy! Fan fkn tastic!!!

I love the limpics!!!
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline Late

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2012, 10:03:26 AM »
1   1st Soviet Union
9   2nd East Germany
8   3rd USA
8   12th Great Britain

1   1st Unified Team (former Soviet states)
9   2nd USA
9   3rd Germany
2   13th Great Britain

1   1st USA
9   2nd Russia
9   3rd Germany
6   36th Great Britain

2   1st USA
0   2nd Russia
0   3rd China
0   10th Great Britain

2   1st USA
0   2nd China
0   3rd Russia
4   10th Great Britain

2   1st China
0   2nd USA
0   3rd Russia
8   4th Great Britain

2   1st USA
0   2nd China
1   3rd Great Britain

EDIT - corrected to final table. When originally posted China lead USA, with GB third...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 10:39:01 AM by Late »

Offline styles

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2012, 12:57:19 PM »
Will inspire a generation
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2012, 11:56:57 PM »
INterestingly, in our best Olympics in 1908, the odds were slightly skewed in our favour. With a lot less countries competing, something like a third of all competitors were from Britain. There were also a lot of events such as Tug of War and Motor boating which we won.

I'm all in favour of bringing back motorboating and combining it with beach volley ball into a single event ...

.... oh, it wasn't that sort of motorboating. Damn it.  >:(

Having people automatically qualify has little or no bearing on getting medals. Team GB have been outstanding - don't belittle their amazing accomplishments.

Absolutely agree. These people are real role models.

I don't necessarily agree with all the calls for extra funding for sports in schools, there are other things that are higher priority that are suffering cuts. Though I'm all for the lottery funding a sporting revolution in this country, something for everyone which will make decent levels of sports coaching avaialable to all promising athletes, instead of funding elitist things such as the National Opera.

We also need to get rid of this stupid notion that kids shouldn't play to win and have real competition back in our schools.

I also don't mind the athletes making a bit of wonga after the effort most of them put in.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline styles

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2012, 12:02:26 AM »
These athletes demand respect.

Every time one of them thanks the public and nation i want to kick John terry

Work hard, be nice.

Offline jman

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2012, 07:50:16 AM »
I was watching the women volleyball finals last night and I paid them a lot of respect...  ;D