https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Olympics  (Read 18135 times)

Offline styles

Re: Olympics
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2012, 01:28:09 AM »
Freddie Mercury was the highlight
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline jman

« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2012, 08:13:06 AM »
Holy fuck knuckles, Jessie J was absolute shit...if thats the best of british, im bleedin emigrating!!

The show was topsy turvy.. I actually thought Madness, Emeli Sande and The Who were the best parts... was suprised at just how many were lip synching though..

Edit : Oh.. and I really enjoyed Elbow as well.. great band!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 08:16:18 AM by jman »

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2012, 11:07:21 AM »
What on earth were they thinking pairing up Jessie J with Brian May?

Well one of the jokes doing the rounds is "what is the difference between Jessie J and the IRA?" - Jessie J did in 3 minutes what the IRA have been trying to do for 40 years, murdered queen.

Liam Gallagher was dire tbh, sang the whole song through his nose.

Exactly what I said while I was watching it. Singing badly through his nose. He managed to decimate what is a superb song.

I was also disappointed that one act used the event to promote a new song, Geoerge Michael, using the show to self promote, not what it was about.

Although supposedly he only showed up because he heard there would be 5 giant rings on display.

Muse, what a dirge.

Thought the Kaiser Chiefs weren't bad and it wasn't a bad cover version of Pinball Wizard to be honest, but then I've seen them live and they are pretty good.

The Who, as ever, totally professional and totally rocked the place.

I was also appalled at the amount of acts lip synching. Absolute disgrace. Did they really think people wouldn't notice, or wouldn't care. A symptom of some of the acts they chose.

One final point, was it just me or was the sound quality of the concert on TV as poor for everyone? I hope it wasn't that bad in the stadium, the balance between music and vocals was dreadful but both seemed really low in terms of volume. Maybe it was just the BBC production.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2012, 11:08:44 AM »

You've changed your tune. You accused me of being a bah humbug for suggesting that the choice of music was poor, but I was not only right about some of the acts but also the quality of the production.

Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2012, 11:13:51 AM »
Liam Gallagher, Russell Brand, George Michael, Kate Moss, Naomi Campbell...

Christ, it's a good job they don't do drug tests for the closing ceremony.

Offline styles

« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2012, 11:40:32 AM »

You've changed your tune. You accused me of being a bah humbug for suggesting that the choice of music was poor, but I was not only right about some of the acts but also the quality of the production.

Not changed tune, that is just my opinion of what the highlight was. I enjoyed the closing ceremony but agree that the sound was way out for the opening acts. Like everyone else i thought George Michael shouldn't have sung a new song, elbow were brilliant one direction dire. The spices were ok. The Jesse j, taio Cruz and tinnie temper bit was great especially their bee gees song.

I am a massive queen fan and had he lived Freddie would have lit up that closing ceremony. The montage of him from the wembley 85 concert showed what a loss he is.
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2012, 04:16:25 PM »
I am a massive queen fan and had he lived Freddie would have lit up that closing ceremony. The montage of him from the wembley 85 concert showed what a loss he is.

You won't get any argument about that from me. I was at Wembley in 85 and Knebworth the same year. Saw them quite a few times but that was the only year I saw them twice. Fantastic live act.

Offline Late

« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2012, 04:50:39 PM »
I soo wish Harv had made that post.
I am a massive queen...

Queen fan here, too. I was just starting to go to gigs around 1990/91, so never got to see him live, unfortunately. Have watched the Wembley 85 gig a few times.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2012, 04:39:33 AM »
Armed police did the security for the Olympics, unarmed police are doing the security for the Paralympics :P ;D :-[ ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline styles

« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2012, 05:59:50 AM »
Oh dear

Work hard, be nice.

Offline harv

« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2012, 12:13:50 PM »
Well bollocks, I thought it was good lol ;D

Got sent to me in a text from a red scouse git mate of mine. Quite funny because when he first moved to London from Liverpool he was REALLY politically correct and now he's the polar opposite lol. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2012, 07:40:32 PM »
Well at least any of the athletes who abscond from these games should be relatively easy to catch.