https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Olympics  (Read 19646 times)

Offline chelseachelsea

Re: Olympics
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2012, 09:20:37 PM »
Well done Mo Farah. Legend

Totally, he went to my boys senior school, and has gone back year after year to inspire the boys.........

Offline harv

« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2012, 11:09:28 PM »
Bolt got 3 golds again. Would love to know what drugs he's on lol. Amazing achievement.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2012, 02:03:03 AM »
Is that your Carl Lewis impression Harv lol.

I like the way Bolt has suggested he might do the long jum at the next Olympics, which I think was a dig at Lewis, suggesting he is going to beat his best in that as well.

Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline styles

« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2012, 08:16:52 AM »
Im looking forward to the final day and closing ceremony. I think the games have been brilliant, really wasn't fussed about them but have been blown away by it all.
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2012, 11:53:13 AM »
Im looking forward to the final day and closing ceremony. I think the games have been brilliant, really wasn't fussed about them but have been blown away by it all.

I'm not looking forward to some of the music acts they have chosen. The Spice Girls for Pete's sake. If that's the best of British, we'd better give up music over here.

They should put them on last, it's one way of making sure the stadium emptys quickly.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline styles

« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2012, 11:59:50 AM »
Bad humbug

Its not like they are doing a concert, they'll be on for 5 minutes max, don't get your thong all twisted about it
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2012, 03:33:43 PM »
Bad humbug

No, bad autotuned music.

Offline harv

« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2012, 04:05:26 PM »
Most of the music in the Opening Ceremony was awful too. A huge contrast between the stuff from the 60s, 70s and early 80s and the more modern stuff. Not just over here but in the States and the rest of the world too. The mid 80s and electronic music starting was the beginning of the end. I mentioned it a while back. :(

I'm still working through my Absolutely Understand Guitar DVDs and it's quite disturbing that you can release a piece of recorded music without having a clue about how to play an instrument of any kind. I personally think that we should encourage kids that listen and enjoy rap, hip hop, the ridiculous shite that's known as R & B without having anything to do with Rhythm & Blues and rave music to take as much Ecstasy as possible. If we kill enough of the little ingrates then we'll do the music industry a great deal of good.

We're not going to see another Beatles, Rolling Stones, Led Zep, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, The Who, The Police, AC/DC, Guns 'n' Roses, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Fleetwood Mac, Iron Maiden, Van Halen, Queen, Rush, Pink Floyd...christ on a fucking bike the list goes on and on!!! :o :'(
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2012, 04:24:26 PM »
Would be a bigger benefit to the country to kill off all the benefit scroungers!

Loved the opening ceremony. It was an amazing feeling to go and see two events, especially the badminton final between Lin Dan and Lee Chong Wei. Probably the two greatest badminton players of all time. The amount of Malaysian fans there and the noise they created was incredible. We've done a great job hosting these games, I hope the closing ceremony is a nice send-off.

Offline harv

« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2012, 04:49:32 PM »
I agree, although that's not going to do the music industry any good lol.

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2012, 04:52:12 PM »
Well, most of them probably download their music illegally, not being able to afford to pay for it. Kill two birds with one stone.

Offline harv

« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2012, 05:49:55 PM »
Don't mention downloading, you'll start drags off again :o :P

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2012, 06:31:03 PM »
Let's face it, it wouldn't help the music industry because if they download it because they can't afford to buy it, then if they don't download it they still won't buy it.  ;) :P

But just think of the negative effect on such brands as Burberry, breeders of Staffordshire Bull Terriers, baggy jogging bottoms etc. It would ruin our economy. 

They'd be replaced as benefits scroungers by all those in the benefits office who are made redundant as a result and who know the rules and how to cheat the system equally as well.

:D

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2012, 11:54:47 PM »
It's gonna be funny in 10 years time when our snivelling government is finding ways to rip taxpayers off in order to pay off this gargantuan debt the Olympics has landed us in.

Makes ya wonder where the feel good "Proud to be British" mantra will be then!

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2012, 12:32:01 AM »
I'm glad The Who showed up and rescued that ceremony! It was really beginning to drag once Tinie Tempah showed up. What on earth were they thinking pairing up Jessie J with Brian May? She's got a decent voice but seems to need to shriek every few seconds to be "original". Emeli Sande was brilliant though, excellent tribute.

Liam Gallagher was dire tbh, sang the whole song through his nose. Had high hopes after they started with Kate Bush (even if she wasn't actually there :() Had more sense just like Noel, I suppose.