https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: rear ended by bus  (Read 11000 times)

Offline harv

Re: rear ended by bus
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2014, 09:40:54 PM »
You should have a look at getting some compensation mate. Could be a decent payout from that. :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2014, 10:26:44 PM »
Part of the reason I'm going to the physiotherapist tomorrow, it's something the 3rd party insurer wants me to do so they can assess my injuries, my missus is doing the same thing. The 3 weeks I've had off work include the 2 weeks I had off for holiday btw, it's only been 4 days since the accident, so I've only had 2 days off sick (will be 3 days tomorrow).. so its still early days, haven't got a clue how long this will go on for though, hopefully get some kind of idea tomorrow

Offline harv

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2014, 10:44:35 PM »
My back has been screwed for around 20 years thanks to doing cellar work in pubs for around 10 years. All this 'bend your knees, not your back' is great in theory but sometimes not possible in practice. Should really go to my docs and have it looked at.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2014, 03:10:14 AM »
Welcome back to Blighty mate. Hope you're feeling better soon.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2014, 09:57:24 AM »
Cheers bud.. me too.. no improvement whatsoever today though  :'(

I drove over 1600 miles on holiday (we did a road-trip in the US).. driving an auto and on the wrong side of the road - no problems whatsoever.. 15 minutes back on the UK roads.. 3 car pile-up  ;D

One thing about driving in the states.. they have so many state-troopers on the side of roads.. its impressive really.. its no wonder so many people stick to the speed limit over there...and they have massive roads... I was driving on a 16 lane interstate at one point (8 lanes per side).. twas unreal ;D  New York is mental though.. I had to drop off the rental car in the middle of Manhattan.. I'm never ever driving there again I swear.

Offline jman

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2014, 09:18:28 AM »
Saw the doctor yesterday, he's stuck me on Naxopren - which is basically a much stronger version of Ibuprofen.. he basically said the nerves at the bottom of my back had all swollen up hence why my muscles had gone into spasm.  Taking Naxopren should reduce the swelling of these nerves which should ease the pain somewhat.

Also went to the physio.. phwoarr.. it was full of hot bird physios.. one of them gave me a soft-tissue massage mainly on my neck to try and relieve the tension there and get rid of the headaches... (had to try and hide my chubby whilst she was doing it though - she was fit! lol).  She basically said all my muscles in my back around the spine were completely solid.. so it would take a while for these to relax again.. but taking the drugs, applying heat/cold and doing some gentle exercises would help a lot.  Got another 2 sessions booked in for next week.. but they are quite close to work.. so I'll be back at work after my physio session on Monday - hopefully good enough to stay all day/week.. I've got a week-long android programming course in London that I have to attend the week after.. cost the company a fair bit of wonga, so I cant really miss that.

Just wondering if Styles did get his 5-9k compo claim sorted.. from the little research I have done.. he would of had to of suffered his injuries for several years to even get an amount like that.. I've spoken to quite a few people that think that you can get high settlement figures from any kind of whiplash... I just don't believe that to be the case... suffering with your injury from a couple of weeks to a year.. there's a bracket of around £800-£2000 and I'm hoping mine will clear up in a couple of weeks... I definitely want some kind of compensation though.. I may of only been off for a week so far, but the amount of pain I've had to go through already and the fact I've had to take time off work is just not worth it.. and all because some dozy bitch cant drive her car properly - that's just not fair.

Offline Late

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2014, 02:28:26 PM »
Have been hit by cars from behind twice in the last year.
Neither was all that fast, though.
Both times I felt perfectly fine (albeit shaken) at the time, and for the rest of the day, and then had neck pain for a couple of weeks afterwards.

Didn't put any claims in, though.
The bloke that hit me was tailgating and didn't react fast enough when the car in front of me braked suddenly. The guy behind slammed on the anchors, and clipped me as he went into a ditch. Caused thousands of pounds of damage to his own car, and left a small insignificant scrape on my bumper - and was clearly shaken and a bit bashed about by the experience. I just made sure he was alright and left it at that.
The bird that hit me a couple of months later just rammed into me while I was sat in traffic a hundred yards from a busy roundabout. It's always got a long tailback there, and it's almost perfectly straight road for a mile before the point where she hit me, so I've no idea what she was doing. I suspect either mobile phone or make up. She hit me perfectly straight on, and shunted me forward, but the car in front was able to inch out of my path. No real damage to either car. I gave her a stern bollocking about paying attention when driving and left it at that.

TBH I'm not sure how I'd fare with a claim, as I've had a lot of problems with my neck and my lower back since my teens anyway (have seen doctor for neck, and had physio for the back - though nothing in the last decade). That'd possibly count against any claim I made.
And I was able to get to work after both accidents, so it probably would've been a bit clear it was a money-grab if I'd made claims on either.
Was tempted, though, and most folk told me I should claim on both. Money for nothing.
No thanks. I'm not American. I'll probably put a claim in if I'm properly injured, but if I can walk away from it then I'll be the sterotypical Brit, pat the other party on the back, tut a little, and get on with it. ;)
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2014, 12:06:05 PM »
Lets just say I've got a bit more compassion for people who have suffered from whiplash now..  ;D

...and more anger for people who falsely claim  >:(

Offline jman

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2014, 06:17:02 PM »
Was given a treatment of acupuncture for my back today, it was weird!  Also had some work done on the sorest part of my back, he pressed into two of my joints and it was so so painful, my back instantly went tense.  He actually said I might need to get it scanned if there is no improvement soon  :-\

Been doing half days at work this week, it's nice because I don't feel so bored at home, although I do still struggle sitting for any periods of time, it's still preferable than not going into work at all

Offline harv

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2014, 07:09:47 PM »
Nowt wrong with whiplash...as long as she's wearing kinky boots and leather gear :o :P

Offline harv

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2014, 05:34:52 PM »
The good news is that I can't feel the constant back pain that I've felt every day for the last 22 years or so.

The bad news is that the reason for this is because I can't feel the usual pain that I feel because I've bruised my fucking coccyx and that pain is a million times worse so I don't feel the pain higher up that I usually feel lmfao :o ;D

It only hurts when I move. :'(

Had a bad hypo last night and collapsed, no idea what I hit it on. Bloody good job I was in the middle of a bad hypo because if I was fully compis mentis it would have reduced me to tears lol. Fucking typical. Am pretty much reduced to lying flat on my bed, too painful to sit down or walk anywhere. Hopefully this is going to settle down in a few days when the bruising starts to heal.

Wish they still sold Lasonil. It's a cream you used to be able to buy at the chemists that speeds up bruise recovery. Absolutely magic stuff. Brings the blood from a bruise to the surface of the skin quicker to speed up the healing process, and in doing so also brings any swelling down. Don't know why they don't still make it, it was absolutely magic stuff when my head got bashed in during an attempted mugging. My left eye was completely closed and my right eye was half closed, and my cheek and jaw were literally twice the size they should have been. When the policeman saw the state of my face he thought the fuckers had used a tool like a cosh or knuckleduster. Didn't go down though 8)

I've got a VERY good chin, out of all the fights I've had I've never been knocked out.

Offline jman

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2014, 11:19:47 AM »
Back pain is one of the worst, I'd class it alongside dental pain... get down the doctors harv.

Today is the first day that my back has shown any kind of real improvement - must be down to that acupuncture I had.. I've still got aches and pains and I still have some discomfort.. but miles away from what it was at the start of the week.

Still a bit worried about those facet joints that hurt so much when they were pressed on.. I wouldn't imagine pain like that was achievable unless there was something amiss.. hopefully I'll improve even more over the weekend and when I see the physio again on Monday they will be able to work directly on it and it will work itself out without having to go for xrays and scans.

Offline harv

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2014, 03:01:32 PM »
Yup, like I've said I've had constant back pain for the last 22 years or so. All this bend your knees and not your back business is great in theory but when you're working in a beer cellar most of the time it doesn't work in practice. The pain's a lot better today but I'm lucky that I tend to heal faster than the average bear for some reason. Might have something to do with my diabetes giving me a fast metabolism, perhaps..? The fast metabolism is the reason why when I was drinking I could drink the vast majority of people under the table. When I was working behind the bar I was drinking on average 20 pints per day almost every day. :-\ :-[ :-\

Offline jman

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2014, 05:09:20 PM »
Well I had 8 physio appointments in the end before the physio signed me off with a 3 month recovery period still to go to get back to full health.

My back still aches from time to time and I get really uncomfortable pains in my hips/glutes in the mornings too

But I agreed on a 2k settlement amount in the end, could probably of pushed that higher and I am worried that these pains I'm still having won't ever go completely now, but just didn't want the hassle