https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: NHS  (Read 5357 times)

Offline Late

NHS
« on: May 02, 2012, 04:27:26 PM »
I've said it before, I'll say it again... god bless the NHS.

I know a few of you and your loved ones have had serious health problems lately, so I know I'm not alone in thinking that the NHS, whilst perhaps not perfect, is a bloody godsend. I know I'd be up a certain creek without them - I dread to think what the cost of my family's healthcare would have added up to over the years!

So if you're an NHS employee - thank you.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

Re: NHS
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 05:56:35 PM »
Totally agree, I'm going to go into the Critical Care Unit on the anniversary of my mate Dave Barry's death and bring the staff in a couple of boxes of chocolates to say thank you for looking after him. He was a cantankerous git at the best of times so I think they deserve something.

And being diagnosed diabetic at the age of 5 I owe the NHS a lot myself.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 09:46:58 PM »
Totally agree 100%.

All of my dealings with them over the past 2 years with my operations and my mum's last week, they have been magnificient.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline chelseachelsea

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 10:08:08 PM »
Again totally agree. Other than me and the wife with minor ailments like giving birth to 5 kids.
Then the kids breaking bones, 3 having hernias, plus the multitude of cuts scraps and bumps that ended up at Doctors or Hospital. Before even thinking about the really important stuff like vaccinations, dental care, blah de blah .

The staff at the front line are excellent.

Offline shellyboy100

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 07:32:51 PM »
I agree with all you guys, at the age of 14, I was diagnosed with Crohns disease, since that age I've been in and out of hospital every few months, and if it wasn't for them, its needless to say I'd be 6 ft under right now, being chewed on by worms :/
South Shields

Offline harv

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 08:30:56 AM »
My doctors are useless, however. They have a dodgy 0844 number to make appointments which I used to get around by making an appointment online but now they've decided to not allow that. I've got an infected toe, which for a diabetic is a BIG deal. I've now tried for two days to make an urgent appointment, the phone lines open at 8am, so I've started ringing at 7:58 and hitting redial when I get the 'surgery is closed' message so that I'm guaranteed to make the call at 8. But every time I try, 8 comes and I'm told that the lines are too busy, try again at a less busy time.

I've now sent them a message via their online service threatening to sue if my toe needs to be amputated and to make me an urgent appointment for tomorrow. Bloody ridiculous.

And those phone calls these last two days have probably cost me a fortune. :o

And out of 6 doctors there's only 1 decent one. Think I might change to a different one, they're giving the NHS a bad name >:(
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline shellyboy100

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 10:54:36 AM »
I find ringing up the doctors most usually useless. I have to go all the way into my doctors at 8am to make an appointment, and then come back for the appointment later in the day...

If its as bad you say, I'd just try a walk in centre
South Shields

Offline Late

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 11:36:28 AM »
I don't have much faith in GPs. I can only speak from experience but it seems to me they're just a massively overpaid buffer for the real health service.
It's a cushy number - you get paid a fortune to listen to all and sundry, deflecting most patients and referring those with genuine problems to someone else who actually knows what they're talking about.

Surgeons, nurses, and the majority of other hospital employees are incredible though and have my utmost respect and gratitude.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 11:52:49 AM »
Personally I dont think you can piss around when it comes to your own health, I've been with Bupa for a number of years now and have had a private dentist for over 10 years too..

..I hate GPs as well though.. I had a really good one about 5 years ago.. but then moved and was told I couldnt see them anymore.. my doctors surgery now is a load of arse.. the only good thing about them is that they are open on some saturdays..

Offline harv

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 07:28:34 PM »
Looks like my threat of legal action worked, they appear to have magically got their online appointments back tomorrow. Wouldn't surprise me if they do something about their phone system. Just a shame that I had to strong armed about it. :(

Hopefully I'll be able to get an appointment with the 1 decent doctor there, but I guess it doesn't really matter too much...I only need a couple of weeks worth of antibiotics after all.

How about this for the epitome of useless - the head honcho doctor there tried telling me one day that there was sugar in Diet Coke lololol. ;D