https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: FL Cup / Shield  (Read 1481 times)

Offline stevenm

• Global Moderator
FL Cup / Shield
« on: July 02, 2017, 07:59:17 PM »
An idea was suggested in FL61 that we should have 2 knockout competitions for The FL Cup with a 16 team knockout  for FL1 and FL2 teams and a FL Shield for FL3 FL4 and FL5 teams. Below if you have an opinion on this can you state whether you want this new concept or the original FL Cup for the upcoming FL62. I will go with the majority decision.

Regards Steve
Didier Drogba Fan Club - Every Drog has his day

Offline touchnplay

• Joe - Touchnplay Manager
Re: FL Cup / Shield
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 08:25:03 PM »
Nope, don't agree mate just look at our game you only beat me 2-1 it that FA cup format that makes it more fun!

Thanks
Joe

Offline agadorspartacus

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 08:50:25 PM »
It's the kiss of death to develop an elitist option in the FL World. There are teams in the lower FL division's who will compete higher in the structure given time and support. Also  remember Lincoln City in the FA Cup..it's a free for all as teams develop and strengthen their options. ;) :o ??? ::) :P 8)

Offline Contrast

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 09:13:40 PM »
Agree with the above. Make it a free for all, however maybe First Round losers can then go into a Shield Competition? Guess it depends on willingness to spend extra credits after losing in the first round.
Parma Violets

Offline Baggio

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2017, 09:44:50 PM »
I like the idea of having the 2 cups but think it's better to keep it the way it is. If anything it would be better to have one FA cup style with all teams and an extra johnstons paint trophy type competition for FL4 and 5 to give them a chance at some silverware. I think that was the idea behind it in the first place, that way the lower ranked teams have a better chance at winning one of the cups.
SL Hibernian

Offline cha4zz

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2017, 10:50:24 PM »
I like the idea of having the 2 cups but think it's better to keep it the way it is. If anything it would be better to have one FA cup style with all teams and an extra johnstons paint trophy type competition for FL4 and 5 to give them a chance at some silverware. I think that was the idea behind it in the first place, that way the lower ranked teams have a better chance at winning one of the cups.

This was it really. It used to be so that the teams higher up the pyramid were given the opportunity to enter the cup first (i.e passwords were sent to FL1/FL2) when these weren't filled it went down to FL3/4/5. There would then also be a cup for teams in FL3/4/5 to ensure that all teams had a cup competition. I'm not saying that this is the right way to go about it, it was something that was previously used. Obviously the decision is overwhelmingly to keep things as is.

It was more so that teams in the lower divisions actually saw the point in taking part in the cup, rather than just getting knocked out in the first 2 rounds.
The Seg

Offline Cove

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2017, 08:04:19 PM »
Steve,

I have given my view on this when it was raised a few weeks ago. I think the FL cup should be open to all FL teams regardless of what division they are in. I disagree with any suggestion to allow the FL one and two teams to enter first or to have a separate cup for division one and two teams and another for the rest.

there is obvious demand for the cup, demand that cannot be filled by a 32 team cup. Can a 64 team cup be organised instead? If not, then I would suggest running the cup over two 32 team cup competitions with the two winners meeting in a final to decide the FL cup champions. That way 64 teams get to enter.
Rathpeacon

Offline agadorspartacus

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2017, 05:58:01 PM »
I think a 64 team competition is a good way forward. Sixty four team competitions exist so it should not be a problem to organise with the game access Steve has. :) ;) 8)