https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: I've had enough and won't be bothering in the same way any more.  (Read 4776 times)

Offline davef

I've had enough and won't be bothering in the same way any more.
« on: November 04, 2016, 12:54:20 AM »
And it's absolutely nothing to do with freeze-ups or roll-backs.

Sharing a division with the excellent Hoarse Whisperers hasn't left me with many shots at the Champions' Shield lately so to go out to a team where I had by far the better squad, played what is accepted as the better of the two formations, had 100% gelling in my line-up and won on tactics (and add in my opponent used all his 3 substitutes after 15 minutes --- and played in blades on a normal pitch) is more than galling, it's ridiculous.

And it's not the first time this team has done it, beating the Borg (who might be "fallen" but still lead C5 with only one league defeat all season and a semi-final to play in the Elite cup) in an earlier CS round. One shock might (and that's a big might) be acceptable but to do it twice is just wrong. IMO it shows the match engine is now so severely flawed there is no point paying to be messed about.

I think I'll just do what some others have done (including my opponent last night) and drop down five or six divisions, pick up a squad of very young players and simply let them play in one formation until they reach the top level. With any luck they will have at least a season or two of being very competitive at the top before they fall off their perches. No need for any real concentration and with no need to bother about Private leagues, fairly cheap. And I'll still be involved (if only on the edges). 

I might have to ask for advice on the dropping-down process so please be kind to me if I do :-)

Offline The Borg

• Administrator
Re: I've had enough and won't be bothering in the same way any more.
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 01:23:36 AM »
Did you have to bring that result back up??

In all seriousness though.... I've said it once and I'll say it again. It all comes down to one thing -  15minutes subs. Nijinsky was/is the master of this. I'm pretty sure he discovered it. It has flawed the match engine. Most managers do it now and it's a case of going with it or being left behind.

No disrespect to SuperJ. Tactically he won our game fair and square. But I shouldn't be losing to a team is season 1s (team strength wise) conceding 2 goals. I think I've only conceded double that 4 all season in league. If I had done 15min tactics in that game. Despite the tactical advantage of SuperJ I would've probably won it.

Quite frankly it has killed the game for the general population of managers and anybody new starting who isn't going to catch on quick is going to get fed up and leave sharpish.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 01:29:54 AM by The Borg »
We are The Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Offline davef

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 01:48:17 AM »
Thanks for the reply :-)

I think I need a rest anyway and doing the "I quit" huff and puff and then coming back when I miss it is not my style so I'm seriously considering taking the rest lower down. Assuming the game manages to keep struggling on.

Do you know if this is still all applicable?: "A. Find their league table using the pull-down menus on the Division Tables page. If one or more teams in their division has a small computer icon next to it, you can join the division by clicking JOIN DIVISION. Beware that you take over the lowest team in that division, but you DO take your team with you and its history. You do take your credits minus the cost of joining the new division (these prices range from 500 credits - 1000 credits - 1500 credits depending which Conference, League, Division you are joining) .

As for the CS.  I suppose I've been spared a possible beating by my other half but now she has to play the Piggies in the semi so while we don't normally confer much about our SL styles, this is one for which I will be offering her my (and your) help.  ;)

Offline The Borg

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 02:03:00 AM »
Yes. If you moved division you would take your team, your history page, your current PL & friendly games.

What you will lose what it doesn't say is your Cup history ranking. For example what I mean is if you go to fixtures of say The Elite Cup and click on Cup picture it will take you to a ranking list of whose won it X amount of times. If you moved division the team you swap with will take that history off you. But you won lose them on your history page.

You will take over the lowest ranked computer team (usually bottom especially of you moved around now.

League 1 1500cr
League 2 1000cr
League 3 500cr

If you choose to move. Don't interrupt the process as you could lose your team.
We are The Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Offline davidvangaal

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 02:35:32 AM »
Sorry to hear about somebody getting frustrated with the game. The 15 minute sub tactic intrigues me. I have noticed that quite a lot of the top managers do make their subs after 15 minutes.  What is the benefit of this and are there any situations where it works and situations where it doesn't? I'm quite inexperienced in this game and have only ever played one champions shield match. But I have had some decent results against top managers who I anticipated would do 15 minute or even 1st minute subs by playing a higher level of aggression against them  for 15 to 30 minutes after the time they make their subs and so getting them injured and reduced to 10 men. Serves then right for making subs so early in my view but could anybody explain the 15 minute subs idea and when it works and when it doesn't?   
DAVID VG

DVG Stars
Westeros XI

Offline davef

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 02:52:06 AM »
Yes. If you moved division you would take your team, your history page, your current PL & friendly games.

What you will lose what it doesn't say is your Cup history ranking. For example what I mean is if you go to fixtures of say The Elite Cup and click on Cup picture it will take you to a ranking list of whose won it X amount of times. If you moved division the team you swap with will take that history off you. But you won lose them on your history page.

You will take over the lowest ranked computer team (usually bottom especially of you moved around now.

League 1 1500cr
League 2 1000cr
League 3 500cr

If you choose to move. Don't interrupt the process as you could lose your team.

Thanks for that.

I'm not too bothered with history. I (as have many others, I'm sure) lost count of how many mugs/T-shirts/club shirts/other stuff I've had to give away over the years to allow other non-SL stuff into my home ;-)

If there's a lesson (apart from the one that I clearly haven't been paying enough attention for quite some while) it's I should probably look in on the forum more often :-)

I was thinking of dropping nine divisions and then if I bought all teen players I could end up having one season in the top league with a farly good team. Maybe. Or maybe not ;-)

And I'm still (for now) in the Server cup so, as you say, the end of the season would seem a sensible time to move.

Offline superj

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 08:04:28 AM »
I'm slightly offended, this is the mighty Brazilian Piggys we are talking about  8)
Brazilian Piggys

Offline Angele

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2016, 02:02:44 PM »
I'm slightly offended, this is the mighty Brazilian Piggys we are talking about  8)

Ah yes, right up there with MK Franchise FC in terms of history and tradition?

I thought Brazilians preferred Beef?  8)