https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Managers Leaving  (Read 1203 times)

Gull

Managers Leaving
« on: January 27, 2019, 07:30:24 PM »
I know this is an issue touched upon a couple of times in threads and the main chatroom recently, but I'm starting to get a little concerned on the volume of managers leaving. The figure seems to be increasing week by week and, since late October when I joined, the list of active players is getting smaller. I've had a bit of spare time this afternoon and compiled a list of manager casualties since I've been back:

A Selecao Das Quinas
Ararat FC
Arsenal Invincibles
Broughton Astley FC
Clayton Royals
Corkscrew
Dundee Utd
Exodus
FC Basel
Glanford Park
Karius To Glory
King Kennys Army
Naval and Military
Oi Prasinoi
Old Fullerians AFC
RCS UTD
RKS City
Rosenborgsvagen
Shakhtar Senseless
The Dehli Dilemma
The Fickle Ferrets
The REAL Madrid
The Tumbling Sixers      
Sphinx AFC
Wizards FC

Unfortunately the way SL1 is haemorrhaging managers I can't see a long term future for the game and could end up like SL2 where there doesn't appear to be much activity - don't want to pin all my hopes on Kush and his team of developers but there really does need some progress before we lose anymore!

Offline ihsansaka

Re: Managers Leaving
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 12:04:41 AM »
These departures aren't related to you returning are they?  ;D ::)

Gull

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 08:47:12 AM »
Wait a minute....  ;D

Offline bluestarknights

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 09:09:59 AM »
come to think of it, i've thought of leaving because of Gull ;-) those results against his team suck (from my side)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 12:05:13 PM by bluestarknights »

Offline beckham

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 10:02:57 AM »
I think a reason for these departures is that SL1 games are twice a day.

At least in my case after a while I got tired of logging twice a day and manage my squad. Make the subs for the afternoon games, thinking of strategy etc.. And eventually I will stop playing.

One solution might be to have games once every 2 or 3 days. What do you guys think of this?
Steaua Sudului
Bucharest Wanderers

Offline Cove

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 01:52:48 PM »
Games every 2 or 3 days is not something that I would in favour of.

Day and night games is an interesting question. I remember sunday league before private leagues were introduced and it wasn't as good. Could playing private leagues at night with division games be a good idea? It would be interesting to hear people's opinions.
Rathpeacon

Offline davef

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2019, 06:50:13 AM »
Games every 2 or 3 days is not something that I would in favour of.

Day and night games is an interesting question. I remember sunday league before private leagues were introduced and it wasn't as good. Could playing private leagues at night with division games be a good idea? It would be interesting to hear people's opinions.

"Not as good"? Yet it survived so many, many years on many different servers.

PLs were only introduced to bring in revenue once things had gone downhill and there are (or were) plenty of managers who couldn't afford them so lost some interest. Personally I would have just doubled or trebled the fee for Friendies (or maybe have two Friendly leagues running simultaneously with different pricing structures and different prize levels) with training and gelling benefits in both but entry only allowed into one or the other.

But that's water under the bridge.   I can only guess but I'd suggest the vast majority of prize money dished out in PLs goes to a group of 6-12 managers. Everyone else really just makes up the numbers and all for no training or gelling benefits.

I'd also suggest there has been an increase in daytime players who are mostly younger and not having the benefits of night-work, living in a foreign time-zone, having teething children or suffering age-related insomnia to keep them awake at night. That has also alienated some of the older loyalists who spent years playing for the "proper" trophies (Conference Champs, CL, EC and even the daytime Friendly League --- which is now just a chore to get training benefits where once managers would only issue or accept challenges where ladder points were at stake --- had kudos. Now I don't even look at the Friendly table.  There are probably player now who weren't born when some of started playing SL  ??? :)

But hey-ho. We get re-structured or the game dies. That seems about it really. And just a case of waiting until we get told or boredom takes away any remaining interest for many/most.