https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Get To Know The Manager - Stevenm  (Read 1138 times)

Offline shellyboy100

Get To Know The Manager - Stevenm
« on: July 30, 2017, 09:07:46 AM »
In the first edition of Get To Know The Manager, I asked "StevenM" to be the first manager to take part.

Below you can see all the Q's and A's;

Q. How long have you been playing Sunday League?

A. I started in 2006 until 2009 then came back around 2012. So probably 8 years.

Q. What got you in to Sunday League to begin with?

A. I'm a keen listener to Talksport and went on their website and saw a link to sundayleague.

Q. Were you on any other servers before the merge on to one server?

A. I was on Talksport for 3 years. I left the game when the servers merged.

Q. What are some of your biggest achievements on Sunday League?

A. I won the managers table on talksport as well as an elite cup triumph. I have been runner up in the server cup about a year ago. I've performed reasonably well in the league recently cracking the top 4 a few times.

Q. Who is your biggest rival on Sunday League at the moment?

A. I haven't got a rival as such but there are some top sides who when you get a result against it makes your day, mainly the top guys in Con 2.

Q. Why did you choose the team name you have?

A. When Didier Drogba was at his peak I was quite literally his biggest fan, name on the back of the shirt and all that. It felt only right that my team name was a homage to the god.

Q. What goals do you have for the future on Sunday League?

A. I really want to win Con2 but it's so hard with such quality sides involved, there's always 1 of them at their peak. To get to FL1 would be great, I've had 1 season there about 2 years ago and I underperformed.

Q. What would you call your biggest loss on Sunday League?

A. Missing out on a place in FL1 a few seasons back by a narrow margin was hard to take. I haven't got anything else such as a scoreline as an example.

Q. Which Conference would you say is the toughest right now on Sunday League?

A. For the amount of quality teams you have to look at 2 and 8 but you couldn't say for certain which is the hardest out of all 8, they all look to have their challenges.

Q. You do a lot of work that goes into the running of the FL leagues on Sunday League. Can you please explain to us how you've kept this going for so long?

A. I've been running FL for 4 years now, back then there was only 3 leagues, now we got 5 leagues and a cup competition, hopefully this is due to managers seeing my enthusiasm for the game. If you put more in you get more out of it. About 5 seasons ago I felt FL was being under utilised and was getting a bit boring so I felt I should take things a bit further with match reports. This was clearly successful as we now have other managers doing their own individual league reports. Longevity to FL is out of love for it, seeing teams who may not be the best in their leagues achieve greatness in FL is great for me to see. In recent seasons teams such as Winter Milan, Mixed Martial Farts have gone through the leagues to FL1 and teams in the lower reaches promoting and getting success they may not get in their conferences.

Q. If you could change one thing on Sunday League, what would it be?

A. It would great to see some advertising done to the game so we could get some more players involved, strength in depth and all that. Apart from that I'm happy with the game despite some obvious flaws that we all know about.

I'd like to thank Steven for taking part in this, I know it's not a short 5 minutes to fill something like this out, so I appreciate it to get the ball rolling.

A new one of these will be up next Sunday, I'm happy for people to recommend managers they'd like to see get involved in this. If not, I'll find someone new myself  :)
South Shields

Offline Contrast

Re: Get To Know The Manager - Stevenm
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 09:42:13 AM »
Good read. I think Marv would be very interesting to hear from!
Parma Violets

Offline Baggio

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 10:10:10 AM »
That was a great Q&A, and no one on the game more deserving than Steve imo. Kudos to the main man for running the FL leagues and making the game as fun as can be with the match reports. To keep them going season after season is remarkable and shows how much you love the game and competition.

I've got my fingers crossed the Fan Club will rise to the top league on the game soon enough, where they belong.

That's enough arse kissing from me though, Steves head is big enough as it is and I want to keep our bitter, bitter rivalry smouldering for a long time to come.

I think Borg would be a good one for next week.

SL Hibernian

Offline Marv999

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 02:50:51 PM »
I'd love to hear from rich and his super imps... a truly brilliant manager who has given me some great battles since I've been back and know surprisingly little about him!
Old Fullerians AFC (Main team) + Newcastle Legends (experimental)

Offline shellyboy100

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 06:10:28 PM »
Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm happy to try and interview them 3 managers in the next 3 weeks as long as there up for it.  :)
South Shields

Offline bigdealdave

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 09:51:14 PM »
This is a great idea and a great read! Steve definitely the right choice as first manager! There are plenty more to choose from, definitely think the Super Imps as our most successful manager should be one of the ones up next  :)
The Flashhearts
Madbastid United