https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Concerts  (Read 4823 times)

Offline Stato1

Concerts
« on: February 01, 2013, 02:23:32 AM »
Just wondering if many of you go to Concerts me and my family go to quite a few this year got a few planned already

On Friday my wife's going to see Pamola Faith in York with her m8 I'm glad I didn't get dragged along to this one she's ok just not my cup of tea

On Saturday we'd gotten tickets for my 2 nieces to go see Little Mix in Sheffield on same night Jake Buggs in Sheffield also so got some tickets to see him  off EBay again my wife's choice but I like quite a few of his songs

Then on Thursday going Leeds to watch Two Door Cinema Club I got into these after listening to their first album Tourist History very good album not a bad song on it their follow up album Beacon isn't as good but has some good songs on it

Then in March going to see Stereophonics in Doncaster at a very small venue can't wait wanting to go see these for ages but never got round to it

Also going to see a bloke called Danny Mahon in April in a pub in Doncaster he hasn't even got an album out yet but I've seen him on You Tube and saw him last year as a Support Act for Reverend and The Makers

That's it so far this year but will be going to plenty more
Leeds Legends FL1 Champions Season 32

Stato Leeds Again Moved To 1-1-4 While Rebuilding

Offline Stato1

Re: Concerts
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 02:45:17 AM »
Last year went to see Reverend and the Makers 3 times very good live band saw him in a very small venue with my son and his m8s in York Also saw him supporting Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds at Sheffield Arena with my wife Noel was absolutely brilliant.

Also took my niece, nephew ,brother in law ,son and wife to see the Reverends at the O2 Academy in Sheffield they where filming their live DVD which my son got me for Christmas looked on the inside cover and there's a picture of the crowd where I saw my son and nephew (who in his words was buzzing he's only 14) I also saw myself which wasn't great as I'd gone on the sick at the time as I should have been working that night lets hope no one from work buys the album

I've seen these about 6 times now in the last couple of years a very underrated band they've done 3 albums all very good and as I said before a great live band the lead singer John McClure after all his concerts goes outside the venue and does an acoustic set for about half an hour he's also on twitter a lot
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 02:56:21 AM by Stato1 »
Leeds Legends FL1 Champions Season 32

Stato Leeds Again Moved To 1-1-4 While Rebuilding

Offline jman

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 07:41:31 AM »
Never been to a concert in my life, mainly because I have never liked a band so much to even want to go and see one and music has never been one of my great interests either to be honest.

However I will be going to my first one in June, I got my good lady 2 tickets to go and see Jon Bon for christmas (at Villa Park)

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 11:52:25 PM »
Been going to gigs since the late 70's

First band I ever saw live was Squeeze at Portsmouth Guildhall in October 1978. Followed not long after by my first Jam concert.

Since then I've been to hundreds of gigs and festivals, seen hundreds of bands.

Still got most of the tickets in a box somewhere too.

Fortunate to have seen most of the big names live. Slowed down a bit in the last few years though and have only been to about 8 or 9 gigs a year for the past 3 or four years due to time and financial constraints.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 12:32:37 AM »
Went to see Al Stewart at the Royal Albert Hall tonight and he and the band were awesome 8)

It was a double bubble, they did The Year Of The Cat and Past, Present & Future albums.

He always comes across on stage and in interviews as a really nice bloke and always has a good story or two to tell.

4 quid for a sandwich :o Bloody diabetes lol >:( ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever