https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: PS4  (Read 25835 times)

Offline ancelotti

Re: PS4
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2013, 06:37:21 PM »
It can run COD: Ghosts (a last-gen game) in native 1080p though.

Offline jman

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2013, 10:48:47 AM »
I've heard a few people reconsidering the X1 though now the news that the PS4 isn't DLNA compliant.. its a bit of a screw up on sony's part here.. what's the point in creating a multi-media machine when it cant play cds and more importantly it cant stream from a pc.

Being able to output a game in a higher resolution to its next competitor is great.. whether this will always be the case going forward is still to be seen... but actually losing key functions from your device could be a step too far for some people.. although I don't really play cds/mp3s from my xbox - I certainly stream a lot of stuff from my pc - pretty much on a daily basis!

Offline Late

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2013, 04:32:21 PM »
Slight twist to the Trophy system on the ps4. Data will be stored on how many people have each trophy, so particularly rare ones will be highlighted.
(TBH I'd imagine platinums are rare, golds slightly less rare, bronzes pretty common - but I guess there'll be some bronzes that are rare.)
It's a dynamic system, so rarity will change over time.

kotaku
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2013, 01:01:28 PM »
If buying a ps4 from Game at a midnight launch I hear there'll be a few deals on offer:

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes half price £25
GAMEware Vertical Stand or GAMEware Starter Pack for half price
Call of Duty: Ghosts for £40 (or free if you trade in a current-gen version of Ghosts previously purchased at GAME)
£10 off a number of games (Killzone: Shadow Fall, Knack, FIFA 14, Battlefield 4, Need For Speed: Rivals, NBA 2K14, Madden NFL 25, Putty Squad)
£10 off a PlayStation Plus subscription.
Official licensed stereo headset for £69.99 (£30 saving)
Reduced price BluRays (£12.99 each: The Wolverine, Man Of Steel, Despicable Me 2, Kick-Ass 2, Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa, Pacific Rim.)

Possibly other deals. I'm not sure whether these deals are set in stone or just rumour but I've seen mention in a couple of places.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 01:04:43 PM by Late »
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2013, 02:51:28 PM »
Fucking hell, apparently the battery on the DS4 only lasts 7-8 hours :o

The GamePad has a big fuck off screen on it and lasts 4-5 hours...what's Sony's excuse lol :o :-\ ;D

Reports of faulty PS4s coming in already too, IGN's review machine was fucked apparently lol.

Someone I used to work with had a nightmare run of day one consoles - 360, fucked. PSP, fucked. DS, fucked. PS3 (which he went all the way to the States to get), fucked. :o ;D ;D ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2013, 02:29:28 PM »
http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news-11664-PlayStation-4-Shifts-1-Million-Units-in-24-Hours--Sony-Offers-Guidance-on-Faulty-Consoles.html

1 Million Units in 24 hours is frighteningly huge, and Europe hasn't even had it's launch yet!

And Harv thinks the Wii U will compete with those figures....lol

Just for a bit of perspective, the Wii U has done 3.3 Million in just over a year...When Sony can shift a third of that amount in a single day, there's absolutely no question the Wii U is done for. The Xbox One will most likely follow a similar trend, I don't think they'll sell as many as that on launch day, but it'll still be high.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 02:35:18 PM by AVFCRoss »

Offline jman

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2013, 03:37:26 PM »
To be fair, I think the Wii U worldwide sales are actually just a smidge under 4 million at the moment.. but then it only did 425k in the first week of launch in NA... I still think both consoles will overtake it within a year

Bit disconcerting there are widespread technical problems with the PS4 already though  :-\  TV incompatibility - really ? lol

Offline harv

« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2013, 03:42:10 PM »
A fantastic achievement, really surprised me that they managed to ship that many. Going to be interesting to see how many units get shipped to Europe and how many units following shipments are before the end of the year.

I can't see the Microsoft shipping anywhere near that many though, they're only shipping to 13 countries and they're having yield issues with their ESRAM.

I originally had my doubts that either one of them would ship more than 2m before the end of the year given shipments last gen but the PS4 is going to obliterate that figure. Although there are numerous reports of hardware issues, and I can't see the One being any different. Not worth the risk buying a Sony or Microsoft console on day one imo, I'm waiting until next year before I get my PS4. Everyone can be my Beta testers until then lol ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2013, 03:51:12 PM »
Not worth buying a Sony or Microsoft machine on day one..

But definitely buy a Nintendo machine at launch where you have to wait 6 months for the next load of games, have no online gameplay and experience technical issues on top!!

;D ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2013, 04:20:07 PM »
Kudos to Sony. A million sales on day one in NA is fantastic.

I know there's been a lot of negative press about machines failing to boot, but as is always the case, it's the minority who are affected that are making the most noise. Sony have stated 99.6% of machines working - i.e. 0.4% failure. If that's accurate that's pretty damned impressive tbh. (If accurate.) They were particularly unlucky in shipping defective consoles to IGN and to a blogger who won an advance release machine.

Fingers crossed for Microsoft having a similarly high success rate - and for nobody we know having a bad machine.

Offline harv

« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2013, 06:26:06 PM »
Not worth buying a Sony or Microsoft machine on day one..

But definitely buy a Nintendo machine at launch where you have to wait 6 months for the next load of games, have no online gameplay and experience technical issues on top!!

;D ;D

What technical issues..? The OS was a bit slow but hardly a big deal. No problem with the online either. There was a software drought but there was plenty available at launch to keep me entertained, some great indie stuff available from the eShop and a good few VC titles available for 30p each during their 30th anniversary promotion.

My point was that you're taking a risk getting a Microsoft or Sony on day one because you may have games up the wazoo (and there certainly isn't for the PS4 and One anyway) and great online gameplay (and that remains to be seen as well, you're probably not going to have smooth sailing at the start) but it's not going to matter a jot if your console isn't working lol. ;D

There are also a fair few reports of the rubber on the DS4 analog sticks being fucked too.

Like I've said before, love them or hate them Nintendo consoles are reliable, they're made to last.

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2013, 02:41:02 AM »
Consoles tend to depreciate in price extremely slowly...Even after an eventual price drop, it's still only £70-80 less...hardly worth waiting on is it.

The console is already dirt cheap, imo, at least, given the fact the PS3 starting price was £425 almost 8 years ago now...Do I really want to wait around a year for a price drop that will only see it drop fractionally? Might aswell grab it now and enjoy it, even though I still have a large PS3 backlog, but like I mentioned before, I always intended to still play my PS3 anyway.

Besides, with Sony shipping 1 Million in units in 24 hours in North America, do you really think a price drop is likely before next Christmas? I doubt it.

Offline jman

« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2013, 07:57:57 AM »
Wasn't just talking about the Wii U harv.. but if you do buy a Nintendo console, you are guaranteed a software drought and poor online integration with missing features from the off...

Technical issues wise on the Wii U, there were a ton of bricked consoles at the start if I remember (from a day one update) and the slow and shitty OS.. with firmware updates taking an absolute age to roll out.

Every console has teething problems at the start.. Nintendo included.

Offline harv

« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2013, 05:50:13 PM »
The only bricks were due to idiots turning off their consoles in the middle of an update.

I agree that consoles have teething troubles, but there's a big difference between hardware reliability being shite and hardware behaving the way any other piece of electronic equipment does when being switched off during an update.

Are any of you Xbox One owners worried about your console dying soon after buying it..? Some of you have had 3 or 4 360s, haven't you..? At the beginning of the 360's life the failure rate was something like 1 in 3 consoles, unless I'm remembering that incorrectly..? :-\

I'd be pretty nervous at switching the thing on if I bought a One on launch day myself. :o

Offline Late

« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2013, 09:25:48 PM »
Not worried in the slightest. If it breaks they'll give me a new one.
I think the billion or so dollars their failure rate cost them last gen will ensure they've taken considerably more care this time around.