https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Xbox One pricing  (Read 23869 times)

Offline jman

Re: Xbox One pricing
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2014, 08:06:52 AM »
Tesco selling Xbox One (no Kinect) for £269.99 - Link  (use code - TDX-KPMG)

No games with it, but cheapest I've seen the base console.

Offline Late

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2014, 09:32:56 AM »

Xbox One Console
Halo Master Chief Collection
Alien Isolation
Murdered Soul Suspect
Wolfenstein
Call Of Duty Ghosts
Forza 5 GOTY (Download)
£349.99

shopto @ Ratuken

Price shown is £399.99 but use the code "SPEND350" (without the quote marks) to bring that down to £349.99.
(You must be logged in to use the code - doesn't matter if it's a new or pre-existing account, but you can't use it if you're checking out as guest)
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2014, 10:05:02 AM »
Farking hell that's a good price.  :o

Offline Late

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2014, 03:46:43 AM »
White xbox one with 2 games (Sunset Overdrive and Forza 5) £299.99 @ Microsoft Store.
Apparently there's £40 cashback if you buy via quidco - effectively bringing the price down to £259.99.
Both games are digital downloads.

hukd
Microsoft
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2015, 05:52:56 PM »
Xbox one (without kinect or games) £259.99 at zavvi.
Shows as £309.99 but use code "XBOXONE" to knock fifty quid off.

Offline The Borg

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2016, 04:52:16 PM »
I know this topic hasn't been posted in a long time but any help from you guys would be appreciated. My poor old 360 has just got the red circle of death (not sure if that is a universal term or just something my friends made up all them years ago) it's done me well till now but now it's time to move onto the next gen. The One. Preferrably with the new fifa 17 coming out end of the month whats the best current deal?? Doesnt need to have the biggest memory.
We are The Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Offline harv

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2016, 07:23:14 PM »
Yup, it's actually known as the RROD (Red Ring Of Death). You might want to see if you can fix it, I'm sure there are loads of YouTube tutorials on how to do it.

Xbox Ones are as cheap as chips nowadays because they're coming to the end of their genaration...but you might be better off waiting for the Xbox Scorpio to be released next year. It's going to be pretty powerful and it wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft have it launching with an Oculus Rift included, or at least an Oculus manufactured VR headset.

VR is the future of gaming so it's only a matter of time before Microsoft get on board with it, and the Xbox One isn't anywhere near powerful enough to give a decent performance with decent eye candy with a headset. Same goes for the PS4 tbh.

On the one hand it's great buying a console at the end of a generation because the hardware and games are as cheap as chips, but on the other you won't be able to buy that many new releases for it in the not-too-distant fututre.

It's up to you tbh, but personally I'd go for an Xbox Scorpio next year.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2016, 07:40:22 PM »
And of course there is a third option - build yourself a gaming PC and get an Oculus Rift or HTC Vive. You'll save yourself a good few quid by not paying the Microsoft or Sony tax every year to play online, you'll have the benefits of regular sales from both the Steam and Oculus stores and you'll be able to upgrade your machine regularly rather than be forced to buy a new console every 5 years or so.

In the long run building a gaming PC is actually the cheapest option.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2016, 10:03:17 PM »
Always with the bloody VR.  ::)

Sorry to hear about your RROD, mate. I guess the console had a good innings, though.

As Harv says, there's a new console called "Scorpio" on the way, so the xbox One will probably drop in price soon, but if you want one now it's still pretty bloody cheap compared to the £430 I paid on launch day.
They also recently released a "Slim" version of the xbox One.

A few (clickable) options to consider:

Xbox One S (500GB) with FIFA 17 £249.99 @ argos
Xbox One S (500GB) FIFA 17 and 2 months of Now TV movies £259.99 @ game
Xbox One (phat 500GB) with Quantum Break £229.99 @ argos
Xbox One (phat 1TB) with The Division £249.99 @ tesco
preowned c-grade xbox One (phat 500gb) without games £159.99 @ game
preowned refurb xbox One (phat 500gb) without games £169.99 @ tesco's outlet on ebay
(I've never bought a preowned console before, so can't attest to quality, but I believe both game and tesco offer a 12 month guarantee on them)

There might be better deals out there - I've not been keeping an eye on things tbh.

Offline The Borg

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2016, 10:41:07 PM »
Thanks for the replies harv & Late. And thanks for looking into prices for me.:)

It may well be a better option to wait then jugding by what you both say about a new console coming out next year.

I saw the argos offer myself. Which with a argos card (buy now and pay in 6months) looked quite appealing. But by that time I'm guessing the new console will be here or near enough.

Going look at a few RROD vids to see if it is something I can fix.
We are The Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Offline jman

« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2016, 07:58:02 AM »
Yeah good luck with that  ;D ;D  I got one of the my 360s going for a few extra months after using internet fixes.. but generally once it RRODs.. its fucked - its really not worth the hassle.

The new Xbox "Scorpio" console will just be a super charged Xbox One - it's not really a new console - it will still play the same games as the X1.. its just going to be "4k ready" and presumably "VR ready" - if you don't have a 4k telly and not interested in VR - I personally wouldn't bother waiting - its bound to be prohibitively expensive anyway.

Personally I'd bite the bullet and get a Xbox Slim - they look pretty awesome.

Offline harv

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2016, 08:32:57 AM »
Of course the Scorpio is a new console. It's the start of a new console generation, same goes for the PlayStation Neo. Microsoft and Sony aren't calling them the Xbox Two and the PlayStation 5 because they don't want people to think that this generation is shorter than the average console generation.

The Scorpio is their next generation console, but one with 100% backwards compatibility.

It won't be long before we see games being released for the Scorpio that won't run on the Xbox One because the Xbox One isn't powerful enough.

Personally I think that Sony and Microsoft should just be up front about it all and just call them the PlayStation 5 and the Xbox Two :o

Offline jman

« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2016, 08:58:41 AM »
Nope fraid not harv... it's not a new console generation - its just a more powerful machine for people who want a more high-end xbox one experience.  It's running on the same OS, its going to have the same games, it will be running the same services... it won't feel much different.  With 4k and VR support - it will have games that the X1 can't run - of course... but the consoles will co-exist - they even announced that snippet at E3 - why do you think they announced it so early.

I'll be really surprised if we see another new console cycle from Microsoft in the immediate future (next 10 years) - everything has being built for a single platform (Windows 10).. and their consoles will have a PC-evolution style cycle from now on.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 09:01:35 AM by jman »

Offline harv

« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2016, 03:59:13 PM »
They'll coexist for about as long as the original Xbox and the 360 coexisted and the 360 and the Xbox One coexisted. It's a new console generation but Microsoft and Sony are avoiding calling it that to stop everyone creating a shitstorm over their current generation only lasting for four years. That's also why their next generation of consoles is going to have 100% backwards compatibility. There are plenty of people that right now will have only had their PS4s and Xbox Ones for a year or two, so in a couple of years after their next generation launch the fact that 100% of their previous generation games work on their new consoles is going to soften the blow of being forced to buy a new one when developer and publisher support for the PS4 and Xbox One is dropped.

I just wish that Sony and Microsoft were being honest about it, although given your posts on here regarding their new consoles I can see why they haven't lol :o ;D ;D ;D

Offline Late