https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Xbox One pricing  (Read 24046 times)

Offline jman

Re: Xbox One pricing
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2016, 01:00:33 PM »
It will have the same OS, the same services and the same games harv.. if you want to call that a different generation - knock yourself out I couldn't care less... I'm getting a Scorpio because I like to have the latest gadgets and I will be looking to buy a 4k telly next year and will want 4k gaming goodness.  If my current X1 broke tomorrow, I'd go out and buy myself a slim no problems.

Noticed today the headlines that VR headset sales have flatlined in the past 2 months... I wonder why people aren't taking your advice.. they could be saving themselves £25 per year by not paying to play their games online on a console.. I mean its only an average £1500 setup cost to get a PC capable of VR and a headset - think of all the savings.. these people must be mad.

Offline stupac

« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2016, 04:57:02 PM »
Wait, I thought motion controls were the future of gaming? Shouldn't we all be doing that by now? Now VR s the future huh  ;)
Arcadia Bay | FKA The One United

Offline harv

« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2016, 06:51:41 PM »
VR has motion controls. ;)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2016, 12:48:13 AM »
It will have the same OS, the same services and the same games harv.. if you want to call that a different generation - knock yourself out I couldn't care less... I'm getting a Scorpio because I like to have the latest gadgets and I will be looking to buy a 4k telly next year and will want 4k gaming goodness.  If my current X1 broke tomorrow, I'd go out and buy myself a slim no problems.

Noticed today the headlines that VR headset sales have flatlined in the past 2 months... I wonder why people aren't taking your advice.. they could be saving themselves £25 per year by not paying to play their games online on a console.. I mean its only an average £1500 setup cost to get a PC capable of VR and a headset - think of all the savings.. these people must be mad.

Nobody has a clue how many headsets have been sold. Those sales figures that people are having kittens over are software sales on Steam. And of the two only Vive software hasn't seen a rise in sales - probably due to most Vive owners realising that the majority of Vive games are nothing more than glorified tech demos for the Vive controllers and Room Scale VR (and as I've mentioned here before Room Scale VR isn't going to be that successful anyway).

And the drop in software sales is also explained by the fact that this software is for new hardware. We see the same sort of sales curve after 4 months for new consoles - the early adopters are enthusiasts and most enthusiasts are going to buy these things early on.

You'll also end up seeing a rise in hardware and software sales later this month because up until the 20th of this month the only way you can buy a Rift is directly from Oculus via their website. From the 20th September onwards you'll be able to buy Rifts from brick and mortar stores and Amazon. You'll also see a rise in hardware and software sales for the Rift in November when the Touch controllers are released.

And if that wasn't enough you'll also see PSVR being released next month aimed at the mainstream market, although the experience on a PSVR headset and Move controllers won't be anywhere near as good for obvious reasons. But the games should sell reasonably well and we'll start to see plenty of games being ported between different systems.

I'm REALLY hoping that Resident Evil VII is going to be released for the Rift and Vive, Resident Evil in VR will be fucking INSANE :o ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2016, 07:51:39 AM »
Who cares.. VR isn't going mainstream.. and won't be going mainstream for a while.. that's the point.. telling someone to build a PC rig and get a VR headset to replace their X360 is just plain dumb.

Besides the actual data suggesting VR is flatlining comes from the Steam Survey based on HARDWARE and software.  It clearly states the change for each of the different headsets - so it's got nothing to do with software sales.  Face it, VR is doing much worse than expected.. the fact you can buy Oculus in a store isn't going to change the fact that its £400+ 

Offline harv

« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2016, 04:50:52 PM »
Of course it's going mainstream. What else would you call the PSVR option..? It's a mainstream price on a mainstream console. That's about as mainstream as you can get lol. :o

And I'm expecting the Scorpio to come with a VR headset too, so that will give the market another mainstream option. If it isn't going to be a Rift I'd put good money on it being manufactured by Oculus.

And you're always going to be better off joining the PC Master Race than being a console peasant :P

Offline Late

« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2016, 10:18:57 PM »
....says the guy who once needed to call the fire brigade to help him extricate his genitalia from his Nintendo.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2016, 11:13:16 PM »
Yup, ALL consoles are going to be dead to me for the foreseeable future after I get my Rift in November. Once you go VR you never go back! 8)

Offline jman

« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2016, 12:30:14 PM »
£350 - mainstream price for a peripheral - in that case I'll have 3  ::) 

PSVR is not going to do VR any favours IMO.. its going to be seen as a fad... and there will most likely be a ton of nausea related problems highlighted because of the higher frame rate needed by the games and the lower quality of the headset compared to the Vive/Rift.  The higher frame rate will also severely impact the amount of available VR games.. but even futher, Sony have stated that PSVR should be experienced sat down (i.e. no standing up) and all VR games have to support the dualshock controllers... so the interaction element of PSVR is just going to be even shitter than using a PC.. and game limitations have already been set.

Even if I had a pc powerful enough for VR I still wouldn't buy a headset.. even if it was £350... the tech isn't going anywhere for a good few years IMO and to be honest, I'm happy playing the games without a giant headset strapped to my face at the moment.

Offline harv

« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2016, 01:49:11 PM »
The higher refresh rate will actually reduce simulation sickness, and thanks to Sony's reprojection method developers can get away with having their games running at 60fps. And once developers start developing exclusively for the PlayStation (5) Pro you'll see PSVR games with much better eye candy.

There's nowt wrong with using traditional controllers for VR games, most of the best games available in the Oculus Store are controlled with a gamepad. Motion controls just give developers more options for game design along with steering wheels and flight sticks too.

The problem that PSVR is going to have is with the Move controllers not having analog sticks.

And like I've said, Room Scale gaming isn't going to be as big as people are thinking it's going to be. Motion controlled gaming in VR is going to be big for standing experiences because most homes are going to have the physical space to make that possible.

Offline Late

« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2016, 05:32:51 PM »
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2016, 07:30:46 PM »
You'll be better off buying their next-gen console next year because Xbox One support will dry up in a couple of years ;)

Offline Late

« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2016, 08:31:08 PM »
I'm not convinced we'll actually see Scorpio in 2017, tbh.
If you want to play Fifa 17 - or you want to play Fifa 18 when it comes out - the Slim is your best bet. I mean, if you were planning on buying the game anyway, for about £40, you're getting the console for £159 there, which ain't bad at all.

If you're only interested in Fifa 19, and couldn't give a flying fig about 17 & 18, and you have a 4k TV, and you have about £400 spare then you're right - better to wait for Scorpio (or whatever they actually decide to call it) to come out.