https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Neighbours  (Read 1410 times)

Offline harv

Neighbours
« on: June 16, 2013, 11:40:43 PM »
Just wondering if you get on with yours, or even know them..?

I've always been an unsociable git when it comes to my neighbours, guess it comes from living in a big city for so long. The guy living in Flat C across from me is a real sweetheart. I've helped him out when he locks himself out and lent him a hammer and screwdriver when he lost his keys altogether and needed to break into his own flat lol. He knocked on my door yesterday trying to give me a fiver to say thank you for helping him out but I refused to accept it and he's now just knocked on my door and given me a can of Stella bless his cotton socks lol ;D

So do you know your neighbours..? I just know the occupants of the 3 other flats enough to say hello to but anyone else in my street I don't know from Adam. Am I the only unsociable git..? :P
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Dragontao

Re: Neighbours
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 01:39:53 AM »
My sister and brother in-law bought the house next to my mum. Then I had to buy my parents house to keep a roof over my mum's head (long story). So now I have my sister and brother-in-law, plus my 18 year old nephew who is okay in small doses but a bit of a bolshy teenage chav.

See far too much of them and it's a pain in the arse. Unfortunately can't move at the moment.

HAd problems with some of the neighbours in the past, it's a small cul-de-sac. They used to let their kids play football in it, no respect for anyone else's property. Kicking balls against cars, running in and out of gardens. That soon fucking stopped when I moved in.

Amazing how parents start considering the actions of their kids when you tell them that if their kids kick their ball against your car or windows again, you're going to smack the parents.

One incident after that, some of the worst culprits parents went out. Was watching a Man City Chelsea game on the telly on a Sunday afternoon. Heard a couple of noises. Went out and the little shits had thrown eggs at my car and windows at the front of the house.

They weren't laughing so much when their parents came home and I made their parents help them wash the car and windows.

For the most part, prefer to keep myself to myself where neighbours are concerned though.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline styles

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 04:29:15 PM »
Mine are ok except for one pyscho who seems to have moved his entire family into the street. Dont get me started on that one time the kids thought it'd be a laugh to chuck an egg or two at his house...
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 05:10:33 PM »
Mine are ok except for one pyscho who seems to have moved his entire family into the street. Dont get me started on that one time the kids thought it'd be a laugh to chuck an egg or two at his house...

lol

I actually keep myself to myself, don;t bother anyone and have consideration for other people.

Those kids I'm talking about also thought it was funny to terrorise an old lady who used to live down the end of the road by knocking on her window at all hours and pointing toy guns through the window at her. Until I moved in they were basically running riot and acting like little shits.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline iaskthequestions

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 05:27:47 PM »
Hows everybody neighbours coming along?

The couple above us have just moved out so they have started viewings.... interesting times.