https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Quit smoking  (Read 14724 times)

Offline harv

Re: Quit smoking
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2015, 01:24:11 PM »
Forget about patches and e-cigs. Go old school and take the cold turkey approach. Works with smack lol :o ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2018, 08:57:30 PM »
Blimey. 2014. That means I'm coming up on five years since I last had a cigarette 😎

It also means I've been on the e-cigs for considerably longer than I'd hoped, though. In fact rather than cutting back on it I recently upgraded to one of those jobbies that hipsters and dickheads use to create massive clouds of vapour.
Nobody's going to mistake me for a hipster so I guess I'm the other option 😡😂
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2018, 09:32:53 AM »
Oh dear, ;D

I did 2 years quitting, went to Vegas on my stag, smoked about 120 in 4 days and then didn't stop again for another 2 years, doh.   Back on the vapes now (the more discreet normal e-cigs which don't make me look like a dickhead)

Offline harv

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2018, 02:25:10 PM »
I've never understood why people start smoking in the first place? Peer pressure at school I guess?

I never smoked when I was a kid because I couldn't stand the smell. :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2018, 10:17:36 PM »
I was a long time out of school when I started smoking. About 21/22 I think.

Thought it was cool.

I'm a moron.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2019, 10:03:18 AM »
What is the device you have Late?

I've been using the 10motives e-cigs since the first time I gave up.. but recently they changed the pack size from 5 filters to 4 filters and I've noticed recently that the filters don't really last that long anymore - I can easily get through one a day now and they are supposedly 25 ciggies per filter - that's just bollocks... I've seen a number of reviews on them saying the same thing - I might as well just start smoking again - its cheaper lol.

I did buy a new e-cig system called VapourV2 after reading reviews online - and I bought the sample pack as they have 4 tobacco flavours.. the filters do seem to last longer although I still got through the first one in a day too... the flavours are nowhere near as good as the 10motives though.

So I've bought 40 10motive filters for £50 online - I think it could be time to pack it in after I get through these.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 10:04:49 AM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2019, 12:11:40 AM »
I'm using a Smok E-Priv.

The coils I'm using are about £3.50-£4.00 each and last me about a fortnight. Battery is good - I get about two days between charges.
It's rather heavy and bulky though.

Offline harv

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2019, 10:17:49 PM »
I hate to think how much damage I've done to myself when I was working in that rock pub. Easily a few hundred in the pub every day, it was the busiest pub in North London at the time and the only ventilation was having the doors open :o

You could hardly see sometimes for the smoke.

Hopefully my lungs have repaired themselves over the years since I worked there but I do worry that I've done myself some irreparable damage due to working in that sort of environment for over 10 years :-\