https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Pre-Season Friendly Thread  (Read 55608 times)

Offline harv

The Pre-Season Friendly Thread
« on: July 13, 2013, 04:24:57 PM »
United have just had their first pre-season friendly today against the Singha All-Star XI and lost 1-0. Young Adnan looked great good performance from Zaha who hit the woodwork. Zaha still has this look of awe on his face, bless his cotton socks, and comes across as a real quiet and shy lad in the two interviews I've seen him in.

Played against a team made up with 7 players from the top side in Thailand who are halfway through their season, including the top scorer who got the deflected goal. I expected us to win but it was a tough match in very humid conditions...not a good start for Moyes but not a disaster either, it was a decent performance.

The one thing that's disappointed me is that we seem to be playing an offside trap for the first time in donkey's years which I never like seeing, way too easy to beat a side playing that way. :-\
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline ancelotti

Re: The Pre-Season Friendly Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 05:08:50 PM »
Nice comfortable 4-0 win to kick off our pre-season today against Preston, celebrating what would have been Shankly's 100th birthday. We looked lively despite the conditions, dominated possession throughout and created plenty of chances.  Well-taken goals from Coutinho, Ibe, Sterling and new boy Aspas. No complaints from me. :) 

Now we're off on our Asia/Australia tour, beginning next Saturday in Jakarta to play an Indonesia XI side.

Offline harv

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 10:39:00 AM »
Zaha starting this morning, Welbeck looking like he's up front on his own again with Van Persil on the bench. Really looking forward to seeing Zaha and Adnan playing again, Adnan is on the bench but he's bound to see some more action after his great performance last week.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 10:40:02 AM »
Fucking hell, the tickets sold out for this game in 5 minutes :o

Offline harv

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 11:32:23 AM »
0-2 at halftime against the A-League XI, goals from Lingard and Welbeck. Both players have had a great first half but I think Welbeck may have picked up an injury. I reckon Van Persil will come on for the second half. Zaha has had another solid game with some nice bits of skill.

A much better performance than last week but then the lads have had an extra week of training and they're not playing in a temperature of 86 degrees with 75% humidity :o

Offline harv

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 11:52:47 AM »
Woah! Outstanding goal from Lingard after the Aussies pulled a goal back. 1-3 now, not a bad game so far. ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2013, 12:47:19 PM »
4th from Welbeck with a nice header and the final goal from Van Persil. 1-5 final score and our first trophy lol. :P

Welbeck got the MOTM award but I reckon that should have gone to Lingard myself with Welbeck and Zaha coming very close to deserve it. 8)

Offline larry

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2013, 12:48:23 PM »
Only played one friendly so far,

Dorados de Sinaloa 0, Norwich City 3

We are playing another in the small hours of tomorrow morning against San Jose Earthquakes.

Offline harv

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2013, 02:21:28 PM »
Zaha really is looking like the real deal so far, can't wait to see how he does against better opposition. He needs to work on his finishing but that will improve with confidence. He came pretty close to scoring a few this morning and he already has the confidence to take people on and beat them so I reckon it's only a matter of time before the goals come. 8)

Adnan Madeupnamethatsanightmaretospell is also looking very tasty, he was voted the Reserve player of the season last season and I can see him getting plenty of first team action. Lingard has also impressed.

Some great young players coming through, the future is very bright for United. De Gea, Jones, Smalling, Rafael, Fabio, Butner, Michael Keane, Cleverley, Adnan, Zaha, Lingard, Will Keane and Welbeck. That's us pretty much sorted for the next 10 to 15 years in loads of different positions. Fergie was right when he said that the squad was in great shape for Moyes. 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2013, 03:29:53 PM »
Fucking hell, you can add Kagawato that list too, didn't realise he was only 24 :o 8)

He won't be playing tomorrow though, but I think he has started training. Moyesie is learning Japanese too apparently in case Kagawa struggles to understand Sweaty Sockese lol :P

Offline harv

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 11:27:30 AM »
Aw bollocks, 1-0 down in the first minute! Missed the goal cos I was having a wee lol :o ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2013, 11:43:33 AM »
Great equaliser from Lingard after Zaha roasts the defence. He really is looking special, no wonder Palace wanted him back to finish the season :o

Offline harv

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2013, 11:52:44 AM »
Own goal puts us 1-2 up now. 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2013, 12:29:07 PM »
Aw bollocks, 2-2 now with a free header from a corner kick. Terrible defending :( >:(

Offline harv

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2013, 01:06:52 PM »
Aw shite, Yokohama go 3-2 up with 2 minutes to go :'(