https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Should Full-Face Veils Be Banned..?  (Read 1082 times)

Offline harv

Should Full-Face Veils Be Banned..?
« on: September 16, 2013, 09:48:52 PM »
Following the judge's decision today regarding the woman that's being forced to give evidence so that the QCs, judge and jurors can see her face whilst testifying, do you think it's about time that we banned these things..?

We've already had a male terrorist wearing one in an attempt to leave the country, what's stopping one (either male or female) from travelling on public transport and leaving a bomb or planting ricin somewhere..?

We should have done this bloody years ago tbh.

What do you reckon..?
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline AVFCRoss

Re: Should Full-Face Veils Be Banned..?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 10:20:20 PM »
Any concept that disguises someones identity in a public place should be banned. I've had that opinion for years and always will.

Offline harv

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 12:32:58 AM »
Unless those people are pig ugly lol ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 12:06:44 PM »
Not often I agree with Ross ( ;D) but 100% on this.

Motorcyclists are already pretty much banned from wearing their helmets into many places, as are people with balaclavas and often people with hoodies too.

Some claim this is religious, or even racial, persecution but that's bull as the religion does not actually call for a full face veil at all.

There are plenty of security reasons for a ban. Freedom to wear what you like and believe what you like is something I believe in, but where security and safety are a concern I can live with something like a ban of this nature.

There are dozens of examples of why they should be restricted in public places. The only exemptions should be for medical reasons or where face coverings are being worn for protection (such as crash helmets or balaclavas in cold weather).

The ugly argument stands up too  ;D. It could be that men want their wives to cover up for two reasons. 1. The men are so ugly, they are worried that a decent looking bloke might take a shine to their missus and that's them done for.2. Their wife is so ugly they are embarrassed for her to be seen out. (ugliness isn't a medical condition I'd provide an exemption for (unless the ugliness is caused by a medical condition/accident rather than the cruel hand that nature dealt).
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.