https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Bargains  (Read 92500 times)

Offline jman

Bargains
« on: March 06, 2012, 12:36:41 PM »
Place to post any decent bargains you see... obviously hotukdeals will have loads of them.. but I dont check that every day.... anyway...

Final Fantasy XIII-2 for £17.99 on play.com

Its one of those 1 day deals so you have to be quick(ish)... but its a seriously good deal seeing as the game only came out literally a month ago.... I reckon you could even sell this on for a higher price at GAME/Blockbusters maybe... I've ordered one.. so

#97 Final Fantasy XII-2

my 8th game in 3 weeks now.. idiot!!   :(  .. but cant resist a good bargain!

Offline Late

Re: Bargains
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 04:07:26 PM »
New sale on second hand games at Gamestation.
I've just ordered five games each at around £2. Most are a bit dated, but should definitely give value for money.

Details
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 04:16:37 PM »
Knew I shouldnt of started this thread  :P

Band Hero for 98p.. suprisingly.. out of stock  >:(

But Brink and Bulletstorm for £2.98 each - bargains..

I dunno though, if I bring home any more games, my missus is gonna get a bit suspicious... I'll have a think on it  ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 04:36:26 PM »
#98 - Bulletstorm  :-[

Accidently ordered two copies of it though.. bloody paypal said the first transaction hadnt gone through..  >:( 

Oh well, will give it to my brother or something, cant be arsed to ring Gamestation up now..

Offline jman

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 11:37:16 AM »
lol gf and neighbours are gonna love this... just bought a drum set for GH/RB.. only cost £20 at tesco.. Link - bargain!!  The wii set is only £15 too !!!

Toys R Us are selling the GHWT drum set for £20 too..  only for the PS3 though.. I would of preferred this drum set as I dont have any rock band games (yet)

Offline harv

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 12:07:49 PM »
It's a real shame that Activision killed off the Guitar Hero franchise. >:(

Was bloody great on the Wii, one of the few games that was a better experience playing on the Wii. Rumble in the guitar when using Star Power and having bum notes coming from the guitar was excellent. And it was easily moddable too, there were over 50 custom Guitar Hero games available to download last time I looked :o

Might have to blow the dust off my guitar controller and start playing them again 8)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 03:59:42 PM »
That's a handsome set of drums - much nicer looking than the Band Hero ones we have.

That said, I did get the complete package for £29.99, so I've no complaints :D
It looks like that deal's ended (it was at Toys-R-Us late last year), but you can see what it looks like here. Does the job fine, and isn't all that noisy, thank gawd, but it's rather ugly.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 07:11:11 PM »
Flipping tesco are useless... they have cancelled my order and then put the item out of stock...

In fact the last 3 orders I have tried to make at tesco direct.. they are all un-related orders... but they have all been cancelled... one took them 4 weeks to cancel as well... not happy with them.. gonna write them an email if I can be bothered.. its just shit customer service.. they dont even explain why it was cancelled..

Edit : Forgot to say.. I did write them an email before.. complaining they had cancelled one of my orders a week before xmas.. the day before it was due to be sent out... and they just sent me an email saying.. oh its too busy at xmas, we'll get back to you in january.. good flaming use that was.. and I never heard a bean!!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 07:19:40 PM by jman »

Offline jman

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 09:32:50 PM »
List of the 50 games Im selling on ebay this week...

Alone In The Dark
Army of Two
Assassins Creed 2 GOTY
Assassisn Creed Brotherhood
Banjo Kazooie : Nuts & Bolts
Batman Arkham Asylum
Bayonetta
Bioshock 2
Blue Dragon
Blur
Bulletstorm
Command & Conquer 3
Call of Duty 4
Dead or Alive 4
Dead Rising
Dead Space
Dragon Age : Origins
Fable 2
Fifa 10
Final Fantasy 13
Guitar Hero 2
Guitar Hero 3
Jericho
Juiced 2
Kane & Lynch : Dead Men
Lego Harry Potter Years 1 - 4
Lego Indiana Jones/Kung Fu Panda
Lord Of The Rings : Battle For Middle Earth 2
Mass Effect
Mirrors Edge
Need For Speed : Prostreet
Need For Speed : Shift
Need For Speed : Undercover
Oblivion
PGR 3
Prince of Persia
Pro Evo 6
Quake 4
Saints Row
Saints Row 2
Stranglehold
The Bourne Conspiracy
The Last Remnant
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
Rainbow Six Vegas
Splinter Cell Conviction
Turok
Viking : Battle for Asgard
Xbox 360 Triple Pack (Limbo, Trials, Splosion Man)

If you fancy any of them.. all up on my auction - Link Here - all pretty much in Like New condition..  They are all at various prices, but I have priced them lower than the average price that they were selling for on ebay last week...

(Well only put 20 up tonight, the rest will be going up Wednesday/Thursday)

My bookshelf is looking decisively empty at the moment :(

Offline jman

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 08:50:53 AM »
Jesus, I dont think I'll bother with selling on ebay after this clear out.. I've never had a problem before selling the odd thing or too but this is just so much hassle... the amount of demanding buyers after the first 16 sales has just been insane.. I can see a few of the items being reported as not received and some items not being paid for as some of the buyers are already being difficult.... more headaches.. I wish I hadnt sold 50 in one go now  :-\

...the games have sold for more than I thought they would though which is something I guess...

Offline Late

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 09:43:38 AM »
Yeah, when (or if) I do get round to selling my ps1 games I'll be doing a few at a time rather than all at once.
Bought loads of bubble-wrap and padded envelopes late last year (you'll recall ps1 game cases are a lot more fragile than current gen game cases), but haven't made a start on selling them yet.
Most are only worth about £2-£4, but it all adds up - and the Final Fantasy and X:Com games are worth a decent amount.
Haven't checked the going rate since last year, but I imagine they're largely unchanged.

Would definitely rather have £100 in my arse pocket than those games sat on my shelf...

Offline jman

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 10:17:31 AM »
Definitely.. just seen you have Space Hulk.. awesome.. I had the 1st edition board game a long time ago.. so gutted because its a bit of a collectors item nowadays.. well when I say collectors item, in terms of price we are talking £100 minimum.... I think when my mum moved house she left it behind with a load of other stuff though :(

One thing I would say.. is when selling them on ebay, be very strict on the buyer requirements.. you dont want the hassle... ebay is so one sided towards the buyer it almost seems like a risk selling on ebay when it really shouldnt be.

Offline jman

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2012, 08:39:57 AM »
Not bad..

..sold 43 of those 50 games on ebay... although one buyer bought 3 and then wanted to collect which not only did I not offer, but cant physically do this week so Im now in the middle of 3 cancellations... wouldnt mind so much, but I had already messaged him prior to him making bids telling him that I cant offer cash on collection... what a dickhead.

Anyway discounting those 3 and going on the 40 games I did sell.. I made a total sum of £216 - listing fees and final value fees equal about £26 so that brings it down to £190.. but then I made sure I made about 39p on each game in regards to P&P (to help offset the FVF).. so that takes it back up to £205..  minus the 5% paypal transaction fee and I should clear about £195.. which is £4.87 for each game.. pretty happy about that although some of my initial research seemed to be way off!

Offline Late

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2012, 11:29:34 AM »
Cheap Microsoft points (msp) available at Microsoft store, using code to take 30% off.
4200 Points = £24.49 (reduced from £34.99)
2100 points = £12.25 (reduced from £17.50)

HUKD thread.
you need to input the code "JubileeOffer" (without quotes) at checkout. Deal expires 5 June.
Points are sent (foc) by snail mail within 2 days.

Code can also be used to get a reduction on gold subscription, but it's still expensive - available cheaper elsewhere.

Offline jman

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2012, 12:01:00 PM »
Nice, nothing really that I want at the moment, Im sure I could find something though  ;D

Just thought.. Dawnguard is out soon isnt it.. I deemed it too expensive at first.. but could be tempted now  :D

Edit : Just bought 2100 points now.. seemed too good to turn down  :P
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 12:12:18 PM by jman »