https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Bargains  (Read 98753 times)

Offline Late

Re: Bargains
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2012, 12:34:56 PM »
Aye, I'll probably get Dawnguard, too.
Don't think I need to top up my points though. Not sure how many I have lying around - somewhere between 3k and 7k I think. I don't use many these days.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2012, 02:32:57 PM »
Lucky im not in a hurry for these points, still waiting, not heard anything, item status is "In Progress" still.  :o

Offline Late

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2012, 03:45:38 PM »
Odd. You'd think if they're out of stock they'd be able to just print more...
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2012, 01:18:14 AM »
Can't see this being honoured but sod it, I've given it a go lololol

Edit: No surprise, just got an email cancelling my order lol :P
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 12:19:47 PM by harv »
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2012, 11:09:33 AM »
Four 2nd hand games for £20 at Blockbuster. Longstanding deal, apparently, but constantly changing titles.

Xbox 360
Ps3
Wii
DS

Lots of guff in there, but also a fair few good games (most of which I already have).

I'm currently looking at one game I want (Lost Odyssey) and four I'm not that bothered about. Need to bin one...
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Wet
The Club
Medal of Honor: Limited Edition
Lost Odyssey

Any recommendations?

Offline jman

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2012, 01:15:12 PM »
Thats the problem with blockyb's.. they overprice games and then stick them on deals... you end up buying games you dont really want.. you might find better deals instore aswell.. some of those games should never be £9.99.... or you can get most on ebay for less than £5 if you have a bit of patience.. personally out of the list on blockbusters I'd be tempted to go for the "Cartel" games as I've never played them and quite fancy giving them a go.. nothing else really appeals to me.. although Im in the middle of Fight Night 4 and Prince of Persia myself, so not really looking for another game...

Out of your list.. well
PoP:TFS - not too bad.. if you like the other one you'll probably find some enjoyment in this one as its quite similar...well very similar actually
Wet - I havent played
The Club - played the demo and it was bloody shite... personal opinion though... such a long time ago I cant really remember it that well now though.. just that it was crap.
Medal Of Honor - probably worth a play if you like war FPS games although I havent actually played it..
Lost Odyssey - top notch game.. probably the best traditional JRPG to grace the 360.

Offline Late

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2012, 02:11:38 PM »
After checking Metacritic (not perfect, that site, but serves a purpose) I binned Wet.

Offline bealec

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2012, 11:27:28 PM »
I had a look on that blockbuster link and the only game that interested me was Bioshock 2. I just finished the first one. I've had it for ages but when I first played it I could not get into the story at all.

I might have to have a look in Gamestation and see what they've got in there multi buy deals as I need new games as I'm currently replaying Batman: AA

Offline Late

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2012, 09:30:26 AM »
Bioshock 2 is definitely worth getting (story's not as good as the first, but the gameplay is better) - but as you say, it's only a good deal if there's a couple of games you're interested in.

Personally, I like to have a couple of cheapo games put aside - to try them out when there's nothing to play. Even if I don't really like it I'll generally get a few hours out of a game - and there's always the chance you'll find an absolute gem and get hundreds of hours - Perfect Dark Zero and Star Ocean being two examples for me.

Offline jman

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2012, 02:37:00 PM »
Edit : Just bought 2100 points now.. seemed too good to turn down  :P

Received them today, only took 19 days delivery!!  :o :D

Offline harv

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2012, 06:41:44 PM »
I don't know why but there's two games - Bioshock and Dead Rising - that I've really wanted to play but for some reason I just can't get into them. I partly got my 360 to get the latter as well. :-\
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2012, 11:02:31 AM »
Its quite obvious that your taste in games is pretty terrible though harv...

Offline harv

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2012, 01:06:36 PM »
Its quite obvious that your taste in games is pretty terrible though harv...

Hardly. I enjoy a wide variety of genres on all 3 consoles, including AAA titles. I just can't get into those 2 games for some reason.

Offline jman

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2012, 01:58:55 PM »
I see...

...so if I said to you.. Rayman Raving Rabbids.. or Final Fantasy 7... which would you pick...

...case closed  8)

Offline Late

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2012, 03:37:35 PM »
The jury finds in favour of the prosecution.