https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Bargains  (Read 98412 times)

Offline jman

Re: Bargains
« Reply #285 on: March 24, 2017, 09:20:10 AM »
Look like the cdkeys 12 month one is the cheapest at the moment with the 5% discount works out just over £35.

Seen the April Games With Gold and they look great:
Ryse, Darksiders, Walking Dead Season 2 & Assassins Creed Revelations.

Glad The Walking Dead Season 2 has made its way to GwG, no-way I was paying £20 for that even though I did find the first season quite enjoyable.  Never played Darksiders, so will be giving that a go too.  Ryse is definitely worth the download too.. repetitive gameplay but quite enjoyable in parts.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 09:22:40 AM by jman »

Offline harv

« Reply #286 on: April 10, 2017, 08:52:12 PM »
There are LOADS of Oculus Rift DK1s new and factory sealed available on eBay at the moment. These things complete and in mint condition are going to be worth a fortune in 50 years or so. There were less than 57,000 made and shipped to developers and will be valuable as important parts of VR history later on down the line for collectors.

I'm not going to be alive to see the benefits if I win on my bid but my niece and nephew or their kids will do.

That guy on eBay (and others doing the same thing) will be kicking themselves years later.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #287 on: April 12, 2017, 06:22:37 PM »
Woo hoo! I managed to get 2 of them. First one for £37 and the second one just now for £36.

I'm tempted to keep both of them myself but I won't see the benefit of that before I peg it so I'll probably leave them to my niece and nephew after I'm brown bread. Just going to have to make sure they don't get possession of them until they're over 25. If they keep hold of them that should give them both a nest egg for them both when they retire. ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #288 on: May 17, 2017, 02:34:24 PM »
Microsoft doing a backwards compatibility sale - Link: http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/promotions/sales/backward-compatibility-super-sale

I've picked out 4-5 games I'm gonna download tonight lol - been looking at Shadow Complex - Definitive Edition for a while, but at £2.50 for the original - I'll probably just go for that.

Offline jman

« Reply #289 on: May 18, 2017, 11:13:51 AM »
Downloaded 5 games in the end lol - Monopoly Plus, Shadow Complex, Earthworm Jim HD, Tower Bloxx Deluxe & Zuma's Revenge - about £10 in all :D

Offline harv

« Reply #290 on: July 10, 2017, 07:01:43 PM »
Bloody hell, Oculus have put the price of the Rift and Touch bundle down to £400 as part of their Summer Of Rift promotion. OUTSTANDING value for money. Get on it right now and enjoy The Future, it's only available at this price for 6 weeks I think. 8)

Offline jman

« Reply #291 on: June 13, 2018, 07:50:35 PM »
6 months of Xbox Game Pass is £23.99 for a limited time - Link

Usual price is £8 so that's the equivalent of 3 months paid and 3 for free... codes do stack aswell so you can buy as many as you want..  if you turn on auto subscription (when you redeem) you get another month for free aswell (you can turn off the subscription at any time).

I was on rolling subscription, but still got the message about keeping the rolling subscription on for a free month.. so I'm now covered until 8th Feb 2019 ;D

I have to say I was a bit wary of XGP at first, but its fucking good value for money - and actually finding myself buying less games - apart from Far Cry 5 - I think the last physical game I actually bought for myself was Diablo III at the start of the year - and judging by E3 its only going to get better.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 08:21:18 PM by jman »

Offline harv

« Reply #292 on: December 13, 2018, 05:54:04 PM »
Elite Dangerous is now on Sale!

Not sure about the Xbox and PS4 shops but you can get the PC SKU from Steam here:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/359320/Elite_Dangerous/

I would have thought that the console versions are also on offer too. If you're thinking of buying it then go for the Commander Deluxe Edition, it contains some paint jobs for a few of the ships and the Horizons DLC which allows you to land on planets without an atmosphere and drive around them in a dune buggy which is good fun.

The learning curve is pretty steep (unless you're a veteran of the first game in the 80s, it's using the same excellent flight model) but once you get into the game it's VERY easy to lose several hours playing the game without realising it.

Offline jman

« Reply #293 on: January 07, 2019, 09:56:34 AM »
Xbox Gold Membership - £14.99 for 6 months - Link

Offline harv

« Reply #294 on: May 13, 2019, 05:58:16 PM »
No Man's Sky was a complete disaster when it launched, it didn't resemble ANYTHING shown pre-release. That launch was probably the most disappointing I've seen during my gaming life so far.

But fair play to Hello Games, they've worked REALLY hard on the game these last three years and are releasing another huge update in the Summer called Beyond.

It's now available on the Humble Bundle for £19.99 so I thought I'd let you guys know, here's the linkage:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/no-mans-sky

Probably the biggest comeback in gaming history tbh :o