https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Bargains  (Read 99209 times)

Offline harv

Re: Bargains
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2012, 11:00:03 PM »
Even the deals they have aren't great either, you have to keep paying your subscription to use it all. Pointless.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2012, 11:54:51 AM »
Final Fantasy XIII-2 £6.95 at shopto.net (xbox360 version only)
Still haven't taken the cellophane off mine yet, bought for a tenner a few months back. Will get round to it eventually - just got too many other things on at the mo...
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2012, 09:33:51 AM »
Halo 4 - £32.87 pre-order at Asda

...would do it myself.. but you have to pay on point of order with asda... and already spent £20 on games this month.. and I now want to buy Dirt 2 this month because Im loving the first one.. despite the fact I cant play any Japanese tracks as the disc wont load them as its too scratched  >:( 

Offline Late

« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2012, 01:50:25 PM »
Xbox Live Back2School DOTW:

3D Ultra Minigolf – 400msp now 200msp
Alan Wake’s American Nightmare – 1200msp now 600msp
Assault Heroes – 400msp now 200msp
Assault Heroes 2 – 400msp now 200msp
Babel Rising – 800msp now 400msp
Bloodforge – 1200msp now 600msp
Bloodforge Avatar Mini-Balor - 240msp now 120msp
Bloodforge Avatar Mini-Cailleach - 240msp now 120msp
Carcassonne – 800msp now 400msp
DJ Hero 2 Pendulum Mix Pack - 640msp now 320msp
EA Sports UEFA Euro 2012 – 900msp ???
Forza 4 Porsche Expansion Pack – 1600msp now 800msp
Geometry Wars Evolved 2 – 800msp now 400msp
Guitar Hero 5 30 Seconds to Mars Track Pack - 440msp now 220msp
Guitar Hero III Metallica “Death Magnetic” Album – 1440msp now 720msp
Guitar Hero III Modern Metal Track Pack - 500msp now 250msp
Guitar Hero WT Queen Track Pack - 440msp now 220msp
Joe Danger SE Content Pack – 240msp now 120msp
Joe Danger Special Edition – 1200msp now 600msp
L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass - 960msp now 400msp
Limbo – 1200msp now 600msp
Mad Riders – 800msp now 400msp
Metro 2033 Ranger Pack – 240msp now 120msp
Mortal Kombat Arcade – 800msp now 400msp
Pinball FX2 Core – 800msp now 400msp
Pinball FX2 Marvel: Vengeance and Virtue – 800msp now 400msp
Raskulls – 800msp now 400msp
Rayman 3 HD – 800msp now 400msp
RoA Avatar Boulder Helmet – 160msp now 80msp
RoA Avatar Mini-Boulder Pet – 240 msp now 120msp
Rock of Ages – 800msp now 400msp
Rocket Riot – 800msp now 200msp
Sam&Max Beyond Time… – 1600msp now 800msp
Sam&Max Save the World – 1600msp now 800msp
Sine Mora – 1200msp now 800msp
Sonic 4 Ep. II – 1200msp now 600msp
Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode I – 800msp now 400msp
Stacking – 1200msp now 300msp
The Simpsons Arcade Game – 800msp now 400msp
The Splatters - 800msp now 400msp
Tiger Woods 13 Course Pack – 3200msp now 1600msp
Transformers: WFC Map and Character Pack 1 – 400msp now 200msp
Transformers: WFC Map and Character Pack 2 - 400msp now 200msp
Warp – 800mps now 400msp

Quite a lot there, and lots of them are new (rather than repeats of previous deals).
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2012, 08:58:07 AM »
Bloody hell, thats some list there... shame I have quite a few of the arcade games already..

Joe Danger + Sonic Episode 2 ... anyone know if its worth having a look at them two games ??

Offline Late

« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2012, 10:14:33 AM »
Joe Danger's a good buy. A 2d (pseudo 3d) motorbike game, like the Trials games, with loads of levels - which you can play once if you're in a rush to finish the game, but you'll need to replay each level several times if you want full completion. Fun, as always, to compete with friends on the leaderboards.
Similar to the "Toy Stunt Bike" games you can get from the Indie market, if you've seen them, but this is much much more polished.

Haven't tried Ep 2, but I got Sonic 4 Episode 1 when it first came out. Couldn't get into it, personally. It's gone back to it's roots - 2d, and only the basic powerups - but with improved graphics. Sounds good on paper. There were lots of little things that irritated me though - each of which isn't enough to ruin the game, but when combined they do a good job of doing so. For instance, one level's in the dark, but you can carry a torch which lights up the area immediately around you as you navigate traps and mazes. Sonic's not supposed to be about creeping around carefully, though - he's supposed to be belting along at top speed.  And there's a sort of homing attack thing Sonic can do whereby a target appears on baddies as you're jumping near them - hit jump again and you'll smash into them. But if your timing is slightly off Sonic will just change shape from his protective spinning ball into a sprawing idiot with all limbs akimbo, and lose all his rings upon contact with the beastie you're targeting.

I've been advised to try Stacking and Rocket Riot. Will probably give them both a look since they each have generous 75% price reductions.

Offline Late

« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2012, 07:49:31 AM »
I've been advised to try Stacking and Rocket Riot. Will probably give them both a look since they each have generous 75% price reductions.
Pfft. Had a quick go on each (trial versions) and I don't think I'll be buying either. More accurately, I tried Stacking - and I was going to try Rocket Riot but it told me I've already downloaded it. Had a look at the screenies and it rings a bell as a game I tried a few years ago but didn't like.
Stacking is a 3rd person puzzler. Quite pretty but very long boring cut scenes put me off. Rocket Riot is a multiplayer brawler (think real time Worms, with jet packs permanently turned on).

Offline jman

« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2012, 09:24:28 AM »
Im pretty much the same as you when it comes to the new Sonics... I bought Episode 1 too and was slightly disappointed... although to be fair.. I dont think anything they produce now will ever come close the gaming experiences I had with Sonic 1 and Sonic 2.  I'll probably buy Episode 2 at the weekend.. not because I want to play a great game but I do appreciate Segas efforts even if they dont get it entirely right and Sonic holds some good memories for me in terms of gaming.

Offline harv

« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2012, 12:10:10 PM »
Meh, have never liked Sonic right from the start. The franchise has never appealed to me for some reason. :-\
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2012, 12:12:43 PM »
I think we know the reason.
You've got exceptionally poor taste in games.

Offline harv

« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2012, 12:31:19 PM »
Meh, hardly poor taste. I have pretty similar tastes to most of you lot - Half-Life, Fallout, Left 4 Dead, Elder Scrolls, Uncharted, Heavy Rain, God of War, Resistance, Gears of War, Dead Space, Alan Wake - just that my taste isn't as limited as yours. I'm open to new experiences as well as the more traditional ones I've just listed. And some of those new experiences are amongst the most critically acclaimed games released this gen. If you lot haven't played Super Mario Galaxies 1 and 2, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, House of The Dead Overkill, Pro Evo Wii and Tiger Woods Wii then you've missed out on some real quality. :)

I'd personally put Overkill at the top of the list, best OST ever!!! Keep on meaning to rip the soundtrack but haven't got around to it yet. :o ;D

I'm really hoping for a sequel, the Wii SKU did pretty well.

Offline Late

« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2012, 02:43:52 PM »
Of the first batch you listed, there's not a single game there I properly loved, other than Skyrim (which you've not actually listed and you haven't actually played, but I'll include it in the Elder Scrolls). I've not played the ps3 exclusives so can't comment on them, but the others range from okay to shite.
The second batch are pretty much all crap - primarily because they're on the wii. Liking wii games doesn't make you more open minded to quality games than other people, as you've implied there. It makes you a mug, drawn to babyish games on a novelty games system with dodgy controls and graphics from the turn of the century.

I'll concede my views aren't always 100% in line with the majority of people. Yours, on the other hand, are nothing like most people.

Where's Call of Duty? FIFA? Halo? Grand Theft Auto? Final Fantasy? Gran Turismo? Metal Gear Solid? Minecraft?

I'm sure you've heard of them, and probably played most. That little list is, after all, pretty much a who's who of the most popular games in the world this last decade or so...

Half-Life - okay but overhyped
Fallout - boring
Left4Dead - crap single player, decent multiplayer
ES: Oblivion - boring
ES: Skyrim - great
Uncharted - not tried
HR - not tried
Resistance - not tried
Gears of War - okay, but I don't like cover system
Dead Space - crap
Alan Wake - Crap with a capital C.

SMG1 - okay, but shite graphics cos it's on the wii, and ultimately boring (never bothered to finish it)
SMG2 - okay, but shite graphics cos it's on the wii (despite buying it on launch day I don't think I played more than about 1% of it)
Twilight Princess - never tried, but shite graphics cos it's on the wii
Skyward Sword - never tried, but shite graphics cos it's on the wii
Metroid Prime - okay, but shite graphics cos it's on the wii (and tbh I preferred the old 2d Metroid games)
Xenoblade - never tried, but shite graphics cos it's on the wii
Last Story - never heard of it, but I'm guessing it's on the wii - so has shite graphics
HOTD Overkill - crap game, and shite graphics cos it's on the wii (and on rails shooters had their day in the 80s and early 90s - they're a ridiculous idea now)
Pro Evo Wii  - never tried, but shite graphics cos it's on the wii
Tiger Woods Wii - never tried, but it's golf (boring) and will have shite graphics cos it's on the wii

Offline jman

« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2012, 03:24:32 PM »
LOL.. harv and "pretty similar tastes"...

..Raving Rabbid Rabbits.. GI Jockey.. jeesus.. you have played some crap in your time.. I'd be embarrassed to of played some of the games you have...

And limited taste... according to our xbox 360 profiles.. you've only played 18 games to my 276 (actually only 12 of yours are real games - and 9 of them are FPS games!!) LOL

God knows how you can include Elder Scrolls in your "tastes" when the last one released 10 months ago and you still havent played it !!  ::)

Offline harv

« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2012, 04:24:52 PM »
If you consider whether graphics = quality then you have no taste. Gameplay and level design is always bigger and better than graphics. That's why your gaming is limited. At some point you'll end up getting bored with the same old same old.

Call of Duty won't survive next gen.

Offline Late

« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2012, 05:53:53 PM »
If you think a game must be good because it's got crap graphics then you're deluded.

I want graphics and gameplay from a game.
Most xbox and ps3 games will fail on at least one of those two counts. EVERY wii game will fail on count one and 99.9% of them will fail on the second...