https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Take care...  (Read 2902 times)

Offline Late

Take care...
« on: November 13, 2013, 12:22:24 PM »
Just a reminder to anyone buying either an xbox one or a playstation 4 in-store in the coming fortnight - especially if you're attending a midnight launch.

Be careful!

You're a semi-tempting target on your way into the store (possibly with hundreds of pounds cash in your pocket).
You're a very tempting target to wrong-uns as you're on your way out of the store.

People get mugged on their way home from game launches (I recall there were people stabbed and coshed in the news when GTA-V came out) and that's for something costing only £40.

It's common sense really, but it's worth reminding everyone:

Where possible park in a well lit spot near the front of the shop.

If you can take someone with you please do so.

/endPSA
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

Re: Take care...
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 06:48:07 PM »
I'd also like to add that you should take care with ATMs too. When I got my Wii on launch day there were a couple of teens acting suspiciously while I was waiting to use it. Couldn't see what they were doing at the ATM but assumed that they were removing or downloading from a device attached to the machine. I used my card in the shop instead, although I always prefer to pay cash normally.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever