https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662954 times)

Chris

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #615 on: July 14, 2012, 11:08:22 AM »
Anybody remember a couple of years ago Microsoft had Age of the Empires 3 as a free download? Quite a few of you guys got it too. Just went to reinstall it and Ive got files missing, anybody send me the whole thing if you've still got it?

Pretty please with a cherry on top? :p

Offline harv

« Reply #616 on: July 14, 2012, 04:39:45 PM »
MGS4 is finally getting a trophy patch...Strange given the fact Kojima said some time ago that it would never happen. Expected to land in august some time, so looking forward to that one.

I also saw that Angry Birds is getting an Ultimate Trilogy Collection HD release for consoles later this year too...That'll be an excellent package, and given the fact it's a retail release, some extra effort will have gone into it to make it much better than it's iOS version.

Has that been officially confirmed or is it yet another rumour..? There have been regular rumours floating about for years that it's going to happen but it hasn't appeared yet. I'll believe it when I see it lol.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #617 on: July 14, 2012, 07:48:24 PM »
100% confirmed. There was an interview with a Japanese magazine where Kojima said they had something special lined up for MGS 25 year aniverrsary in august...Konami then put a tweet out on their official page saying it would be a trophy patch for MGS4.

http://www.techday.co.nz/assets/static/images/news_image/MGS_4_trophy_tweet.jpg

Offline harv

« Reply #618 on: July 14, 2012, 09:20:31 PM »
Blimey, took them long enough :o

May blow the dust of mine and give it another go, struggled to get into it when I first played it, although I think I interrupted my playthrough because I bought Fallout 3 and didn't go back to it. ;D

Edit: Someone's created a gif of the lighting in the nursery kitchen of the latest ZombiU trailer:

Bloomin amazing :o
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 08:45:38 AM by harv »
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #619 on: July 17, 2012, 08:30:34 AM »
Was resting up yesterday from playing in an ice hockey tournament all weekend and managed to finish Mafia 2.. to be honest, if the gameplay was a bit more varied and the game had a few tweaks here and there, it would probably of been one of the better games of this gen, I still enjoyed it, but it had so much potential to be a truly great game... the story is probably one of the best I've seen in a game for a long while and it even has nods to Goodfellas and Shawshank Redemption - awesome..  the story loses its way a bit towards the end of the game.. but its strong enough to hold the game up on its own as the gameplay is fairly weak.. most of it involves driving from point A to point B and unlike GTA or LA Noire, the missions you do aren't that varied and just involve getting into gun fights and/or melee fighting.. feels like a generic sandbox game in that aspect with no redeeming feature.. well like I said, the story is the redeeming feature really - definitely worth a play if you like mob/mafia films/storylines and havent played it already.

One of the collectibles in the game are playboy posters, so got plenty to do on the game still lol  ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #620 on: July 17, 2012, 09:47:24 AM »
I found Mafia 2 to be frustrating because it was too linear. You could drive anywhere you wanted but you couldn't really do much but the next mission - the only alternative being robbing shops or selling stolen cars on the docks. I seem to recall taking some time out from the missions to try and build up my cash a bit (selling stolen cars), and then 2 missions later it wiped my cash to zero as part of the story. I nearly threw my controller through the telly.
Compelling story though.

Completed Lego HP2 to 100% last night. Worryingly I have now got 100% on four games - and all four are lego ones. (I did get 1000/1000 on Tomb Raider, and perhaps one or two others, but they then released new versions or dlc so I'm now on 1000/1250 or something and don't show as having gotten 100%.)

Played the first two levels of Devil May Cry 4 last night (took about an hour). Got zero achievements on that one, and I think that's how it's going to stay. I found the style annoying, the controls counter-intuitive, the story ridiculous, and the camera angles frustrating. If you're not bothered about style, controls, story or camera angles then I'm sure it's a very nice game, but it's not for me. Definitely a bit "Bayonetta", as Kieron warned me.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #621 on: July 17, 2012, 01:29:10 PM »
Yup, if it had proper side missions and money actually meant something in the game, plus the gameplay was a bit more varied, like I said, it would of been one of the best games around for me... I love some of the intricate detail the game had.. like when you robbed a store and if you went to it again shortly afterwards, the police have put up a crime scene barrier...but it doesnt mean much when there are major gameplay elements missing...

...still it deserved praise for its great storyline... I didnt even realise it was a sandbox game until I started it up, I think I played the first Mafia on the PC, wasnt that more of a strategy point and click game??.. I didnt get on with it whatever it was, hence why I never really looked at Mafia 2 until now... good game though, glad I bought it, despite only lasting a week... makes me want to play GTA5 even more though!!

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #622 on: July 17, 2012, 04:18:49 PM »
Last week or so I've been going through all the New Vegas DLC...As usual, it's pretty uninspiring stuff, but thankfully does have easy trophies.

It's daylight robbery for them to price these packs at £7.99 each...They're barely worth half that (which is what I roughly ended up paying with the bundle). Too short and just not enough content.

Offline harv

« Reply #623 on: July 17, 2012, 05:07:50 PM »
Mafia 2 also has the World Record for the most swear words in a video game, although House of The Dead Extended Cut might have got that back now that I'm thinking about it. ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #624 on: July 18, 2012, 09:13:12 AM »
Archived DMC4 and started "Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands" last night.
Much better! Seems fun so far and I expect I'll complete it (not 100% achievements, though. Tis rare I can be arsed with all that.)
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline bealec

Offline jman

« Reply #626 on: July 18, 2012, 12:42:34 PM »
Yeah I read that yesterday lol... to be fair he is wrong a lot of the time.. but then I completely agree on pretty much everything he has written.. he's bang on about the control pad being the answer to a problem that doesnt exist... not too sure that one of the sole reasons for the joypad was activision and the like.. but it definitely needed a "normal" joypad or it would lose so many potential games... now it just means that a Wii U customer has to buy 3 control pads to get the best out of the system.

Theres a new trailer of "Forward Unto Dawn" thats been around for the last couple of days, its a new web series created in the halo universe.. im not one for this sort of stuff.... but I have to say it does look awesome.. and still cant understand how they have not made a film out of the franchise yet.. it would seriously kick ass.

Offline Late

« Reply #627 on: July 18, 2012, 01:04:11 PM »
lol @ Nintendo could put out a piece of cardboard and say that it'll play Mario and still be successful with their fanboys.

;D

Offline harv

« Reply #628 on: July 18, 2012, 05:13:47 PM »
Wii U ridiculous success confirmed lol.

It's going to be the first Nintendo to launch with a 2D Mario title and has at least one third party title that will also be a system seller, ZombiU, with another one - ,Aliens Colonial Marines - early next year as a launch window title. The sales of Mass Effect 3 and Arkham City aren't going to be great but Assassins Creed 3 should do well given that it's not being released too far away from the other SKUs.

He's also said that only hardcore gamers will buy it despite the likes of NintendoLand and Wii Fit U being launched either on day one or during the launch window with the likes of Just Dance 4 joining them.

And the success of ZombiU and Aliens Colonial Marines (and possibly Assassins Creed 3) combined with the comparative failure of Mass Effect 3 and possibly Arkham City are going to show the decision makers at third party publishers (if they have any sense) that half-arsed delayed ports won't cut the mustard and that multiplatform titles released in the same sort of timeframe and titles making good use of the GamePad are good ways to make money from U development.

Pachter is a fool ;D

There's an EA event of some sort today, am expecting news of FIFA and Madden with a slight possibility of Tiger Woods too. Thought that we might hear of unannounced titles but the event is EA Sports only I think.

Offline jman

« Reply #629 on: July 19, 2012, 08:24:42 AM »
It's going to be the first Nintendo to launch with a 2D Mario title

Thats if you forget Super Mario Bros which was packaged in with the NES

and you forget Super Mario World which was packaged in with the SNES

and you forget that everything went 3D from the next nintendo console onwards and 2D games have never had the same appeal since then

... so what exactly are we supposed to take from this comment.. apart from the fact its not entirely true and even if it was totally true - it would still suck  ;D
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 08:27:53 AM by jman »