https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662795 times)

Offline styles

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2012, 01:55:49 PM »
Should i download the elite dlc for mw3?
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline jman

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2012, 02:02:44 PM »
I consider Brotherhood and Revelations to be akin to DLC for AC2. It's only a new game when they introduce a new protagonist and era.
Probably gonna have to play them, though, to keep up with the underlying Desmond story.

But surely the underlying protagonist is Desmond.. who is present throughout all of the games... if Brotherhood/Revelations would of been totally different spin-off games which didnt involve Desmond or had Desmond doing something that didnt affect the main story line then I can see your point about them being akin to DLC.... but at the end of Brotherhood.. theres a big plot twist that definitely affects the main story line... so you cant go from just playing AC1 to AC2 to AC3... thats just wrong in my books... if I dont buy Revelations.. I aint gonna buy AC3 either.. no point.. thats the way Ubisoft have made it unfortunately...

Offline Late

« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2012, 05:42:48 PM »
Personally, I consider Altair/Ezio/whoever to be the main character. The Desmond stuff is just a distraction.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2012, 07:34:39 PM »
Ooooops....

94: NFS : The Run
95: Lego Harry Potter Yrs 1-3
96: Star Ocean

;D

Offline bealec

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2012, 08:15:20 PM »
Expect the US to be the setting for Assassin's Creed 3 - set around the time of the Revolution. Have fun killing Brits. (Come on Desmond - switch sides and change history!)
Box Art link.
Still haven't played the last one, but I'm in no rush - happy to wait until it drops to around £10.

Playing Saints Row 3 at present...
SR2 didn't take itself seriously, and as a result was great fun to play. Seems to me the developers saw that a bit of silliness resulted in a good game so assumed that making the next game ridiculously silly would mean the game would be even better.
It doesn't. It's just gone too far.
It's still good fun to play - but it's definitely not as good as Saints Row 2.
Once again I find myself playing a sandbox game I've been looking forward to for ages, and being disappointed, and once again I find myself pining for the new GTA. That's probably a bad thing - if I'm building it up in my mind I'm setting myself up for a major disapointment if RockStar don't come up with the goods...

Yeah that was my issue with SR3 it's still a very good game but it's got rather silly now. But then who wouldn't want to run around killing people with a giant purple dildo.

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2012, 08:21:04 PM »
Should i download the elite dlc for mw3?

Yes, only for the reason you get an overall discount of around 12 quid if you buy it right now though.

http://simplysupreme1.blogspot.com/ - Latest update talks about the 2 new maps /ShamelessPlug  ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2012, 01:08:23 AM »
Christ on a fucking bike, Episode 7 was a bit bloody intense :o

Had a 5 minute time limit to reach a target (no spoilers!) and a right bitch of an enemy in the middle of a load of enemies plus traps, and she was quite happily taking rifle bullets up the bum and shrugging them off lololol.

I'm gonna need a bigger gun lol :P

The producer of Revelations is very keen to do another one for the 3DS after he's done Resident Evil 6 so hopefully we'll see another one in 18 months or maybe even 2 years. Can't wait!!! 8)

Edit: Oooooh! I've just used the touchscreen to register my fingerprint lol, I love little things like that! Might try and use a different finger to open the door if it doesn't open automatically lololol :-[ :P ;D
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 01:57:59 AM by harv »
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2012, 02:52:51 PM »
So far im liking Harry Potter Lego 1-4.. much better than the batman one imo... although I can see it getting annoying again after so many hours playing it... done the first film/book whatever... and put NFS:The Run in...

....bit disappointed with it tbh... not that I really knew what to expect but its like the cannonball run.. which is all kinds of awesome...its San Fran to New York as fast as possible.... but I dont like the way its been executed... a limit of how many cars you can overtake in each part of the race.. or having to do checkpoint runs... just seems too restrictive to me.. maybe I need to press on a bit...only just reached Las Vegas... one good thing was that the online pass was unused in my pre-owned copy... but then blockbusters didnt put or didnt have the booklet for it.. which annoyed me as didnt check until I got home... they did the same thing with portal 2 which I bought from there too.

Yet to play Star Ocean.. but sure I'll have time for it a bit later... havent played a Star Ocean before.. so not sure what to expect.. except a JRPG type game...

Offline harv

« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2012, 04:22:53 PM »
I quite like what's happening to JRPGs these days. Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story appear to have brought JRPGs into the 21st Century finally. No more annoying turn-based combat. 8)

Revelations is just getting better and better. Outstanding, absolutely pisses all over Resident Evils 4 and 5. If 6 is anything like this then you're all going to love it. Can't believe that it took Capcom so long to sort the franchise out again! :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2012, 10:28:01 AM »
Just took the tutorial on battle in star ocean, think I need to lay down for a bit!

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2012, 02:36:36 PM »
Star Ocean is my favourite JRPG series. The Last Hope wasn't the best, but is still a solid game. Prepare yourself for seriously annoying voice-acting if you get into it though!  ;D The awesome battle system trumps turn-based battle.

Offline styles

« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2012, 03:20:03 PM »
Loving the mw3 online play.

Still not sure what my set up should be though
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline harv

« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2012, 08:36:57 PM »
Hmmm...plenty of speculation on the RAM that the U is going to have. My money would be either 1.5 of GDDR3 or 2GB of DDR3, would be 6 chips for the former or 4 chips for the latter with the eDRAM on the CPU taking care of preventing bottlenecks.

GDC starts in 9 hours or so, there's bound to be a few leaks/rumours doing the rounds tomorrow or Tuesday about the U, 720 and the rumoured Steam Box. Can't see the latter being all that successful tbh :-\

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2012, 09:43:13 PM »
Loving the mw3 online play.

Still not sure what my set up should be though

I like to switch up guns alot......I'm not rabidly obsessive over my K/D like your average CoD player (Even though mines still a sturdy 1.00 considering I always use different guns...)

With perks though, I tend to stick to favourties.

Slot 1 - Blind Eye usually, but I go for Extreme Conditioning when using an LMG or Sniper rifle.

Slot 2 - Assassin, always.

Slot 3 - Marksman 90% of the time, but I've found a recent love for SitRep.

Offline jman

« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2012, 02:27:03 PM »
New forza announced for this year... titled "Forza Horizon"... looks like development is being passed from Turn 10 to Playground Games... and that microsoft might be trying to annualise the franchise.... I never really got into Forza though, great games... but always plumped for PGR over Forza and prefer the arcadey type racing games better anyway...