https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662828 times)

Offline jman

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #675 on: August 08, 2012, 01:54:37 PM »
You only love the lego games cos you can get 1000GS out of them  :P lol

Any lego games which dont follow film franchises dont really appeal to me.. nor does Lego Indy 2 (because it only contains one more film from Lego Indy 1)... I think Lego Pirates will be my next (lego) purchase... PC World/Currys have it on sale for £9.98 so Im tempted.. although I should probably finish what I have first... (besides I've just bought Dirt 2 for £7.50 off ebay today too)

Lego:LOTR will be excellent though, probably the one Im most looking forward too, they need to do a Lego Matrix and a Lego Rocky aswell..

Offline Late

« Reply #676 on: August 08, 2012, 02:21:08 PM »
I love the lego games because I get 1000gs.
I get 1000gs because I love the lego games.

Lego Matrix sounds good. Can't see Rocky working though. With the usual Lego games format you need six memorable scenes, each in different locations (with a cut scene linking each). You'd struggle to do that for each of the Rocky films.
Will almost certainly get Lego LOTR, but I'm not too fussed about it. Don't like any of JRR Tolkien's books, and didn't like Jackson's film interpretations of LOTR. If anyone can do a likeable version of Lord of the Rings it's Lego, though ;)
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #677 on: August 08, 2012, 03:13:14 PM »
Nahh.. most of the harry potter stuff happened in the same location - prehaps Lego Rambo would be a better alternative to Lego Rocky anyway... probably be more fun lol...

or Lego Ghostbusters (although only two films (for now))...
or Lego Back To The Future.. (classic)

..I think they should attempt the ultimate movie franchise though... Lego James Bond!!!

Offline Late

« Reply #678 on: August 08, 2012, 03:45:16 PM »
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #679 on: August 08, 2012, 05:08:25 PM »
Omfg, Lego Back To The Future and Lego James Bond would both be awesome!!! :o Matrix would also be cool. Am also really looking forward to Lego City Undercover, although I suspect the name change from City Stories to Undercover would stem from Take Two having problems associating the GTA franchise/trademark with a Lego game so hopefully it's not going to stop the game from becoming Lego GTA.

I'd quite like to see other game franchises getting the Lego treatment - Zelda, Metroid, Gears of War, Half-Life, God of War, Splinter Cell and Assassins Creed would all be excellent. ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #680 on: August 09, 2012, 12:31:52 PM »
The olympics inspired me to play Track and Field last night... lasted about 10 minutes before my fingers gave in lol, still got 3 achievements to get on that.. I cant do the high jump for love nor money though!!  Cant believe nobody cashed in and released Daley Thompsons Decathlon though... that was always my preferred olympic type game.. does anyone remember geoff capes strongman.. whilst not strictly an olympics game.. it was god awful lol.

Offline Late

« Reply #681 on: August 09, 2012, 02:25:39 PM »

Broke loads of joysticks (mainly Kempston ones) playing Daley Thompson's Decathlon on the Spectrum.

Offline harv

« Reply #682 on: August 09, 2012, 06:44:58 PM »
One of the best games released on the Speccy, brilliant stuff. Ocean were probably the best publisher for games on the Speccy, closely followed by Ultimate. I miss those days :(

Edit: Marketing and promotional stuff for the U has arrived at retailers, we could be looking at an October release :o

Have got around 600 quid saved up thanks to my betting winnings. Nice 8)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 07:40:22 AM by harv »
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #683 on: August 12, 2012, 04:01:12 PM »
Really enjoying dirt 2 but I preferred the rally sections of dirt 1, they seemed more realistic. Am probably gonna have to buy dirt 3 now too  ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #684 on: August 13, 2012, 08:27:47 AM »
Looks like Doom 3 is getting a re-release on the 360... Doom 3 : BFG Edition.. contains Doom, Doom 2 and a remastered version of Doom 3 (with all the add on packs plus new stuff)...

...despite already having Doom and Doom2 downloaded from XBLA.. and owning Doom 3 on the xbox.. I still want this game... love it !!  :D  October 16th release, will be one of those reduced price games though so should be able to pick it up for £25 or lower on release.. absolute bargain if you ask me..

Offline Late

« Reply #685 on: August 13, 2012, 09:25:04 AM »
Started Duke Nukem Forever last night.
Pretty crap self-indulgent 90s throwback, but playable - and it'll tide me over for a couple of days.

Start of the game you're peeing in a urinal, and have a little bit of control of the flow. Cos that's the height of humour. Cross over to the toilet stalls and grab a floating turd and you get an achievement. Shortly later it cuts to twin blond girls' heads bobbing up and down in the Duke's lap. They're setting their stall out pretty early in the game, then. Low end smut and poor humour being the name of the game.
If you're getting loads of low-brow gags and puns etc. a few are bound to hit home, so hopefully it'll remain playable for a while and perhaps even be genuinely funny at some point.

Offline jman

« Reply #686 on: August 13, 2012, 11:41:30 AM »
When has Duke ever been anything else than self-indulgent.. its a great game which was unfairly reviewed by critics who expect every new FPS game to be a COD or Halo clone.. it has some faults.. long loading times were my main gripe.. but overall it provided a good gaming experience for me.. Dukes toilet humour and his sexist sadomasochism are some of the best parts of the game though, but then some critics even panned that stuff...  ::)

Offline Late

« Reply #687 on: August 13, 2012, 12:44:23 PM »
I enjoyed it back in the day - perhaps I'm just getting old.
Aye, those load times are annoying.

Offline Late

« Reply #688 on: August 13, 2012, 02:33:16 PM »

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #689 on: August 13, 2012, 10:07:43 PM »
I loved Duke Nukem Forever! It got a bit weird when you have to enter that alien hive with the boobs on the walls. The loading times were a pain too.

The humour in it is about as unsophisticated as you can get, but that's Duke. ;D