https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662584 times)

Offline Late

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #795 on: September 14, 2012, 01:38:49 AM »
Didn't like Bayonetta personally, but I know a lot of folk did - and I can see how they'd be massively pissed off right now. Nintendo need exclusives that'll draw in huge swathes of punters like that, though.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #796 on: September 14, 2012, 02:25:38 AM »
Loads of people ordered the Premium SKU for £199.99 and it's being honoured by Amazon. :o Didn't get in there in time but wasn't too concerned because I didn't think they'd honour it lol. Some very lucky people out there!!! It's particularly annoying because I pre-ordered one a couple of months ago for the same price which got cancelled. >:( ;D

Am looking at getting the ZombiU bundle, you get everything in the Premium bundle, including NintendoLand, plus ZombiU and a Pro controller for £330. Still around £50 more than I was planning but sod it lol. Now I've got to decide if I'm going to pre-order it now or wait for a better deal to come along.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #797 on: September 14, 2012, 02:36:32 AM »
Aw ffs, the Wii U is d00med :o ;D :P
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Online jman

« Reply #798 on: September 14, 2012, 08:31:57 AM »
Jesus.. the uk retailers have really gone to town.. averaging £259.99 for the basic package.. and £309.99 for the premium  :o :o 
Think amazon have priced themselves £10 lower than that.. wow.. its still massively overpriced.. I said before, anything over £250 was a mistake.. even the 360 wasnt as expensive as this at launch!

It will be sold out over xmas into the new year.. wouldnt suprise me if nintendo screwed up with distribution though.. cant see it selling fast over here after the new year though.. not at that price.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 08:35:31 AM by jman »

Online jman

« Reply #799 on: September 17, 2012, 08:44:56 AM »
Well, tried out Kinect.. dont really have the room for 2 players in my gaff, it can be done, but its a bit squashed.. it works fine with 1 player OK though.

Downloaded Fruit Ninja and its great.. really good implementation of Kinect and apart from one spac-attack.. it worked seemlessly with players dropping in and out.. it knew exactly who everyone was.. I think its better than the phone implementation too.. harder.. but much more fun... and thats what kinect should be about... best game on Kinect (that I've played) by far...how long the game will last for.. I dont really know... but I do love Fruit Ninja  :D

Disappointed with Kinect Sports Season 2 though.. its not terribly bad, in fact its as good as the first one.. but its just.. been here.. done that.. its a bit boring at this point.. the fad of these party games is wearing thin already.. and I only played it for about 30 minutes.

Ive got the hardware for another 3 weeks before I have to give it back, so I've downloaded a few demos (Rise of Nightmares, Gunstringer and a few others)... which I will try out before then...but  in general, I dont think there arent enough games.. or rather good games to make it a definite purchase. 

Saying that though, I still might get one as £50 definitely lands itself in the easily affordable category... whether it gets used beyond the initial 1-2 months, who knows!

Offline harv

« Reply #800 on: September 17, 2012, 11:32:59 AM »
Pre-ordered my Wii U over the weekend with Zavvi, £299.99 for the ZombiU bundle. Was hoping to get 5% off as a first order discount but must have ordered something off them before because I didn't get it. Hopefully I'll be able to find a better deal closer to launch though. :D

Offline Late

« Reply #801 on: September 17, 2012, 12:30:52 PM »
Does it include Nintendo Land? Not interested in getting a U myself, but some sites seem to indicate it's included and others seem to indicate it isn't...

Our lass set the old wii up in our front room a couple of weeks ago, and had a go on wii fit. I think she did it two days in a row, then had a day off - then another and another... You know how it is. It's now not been turned on in weeks. I played a bit of Super Monkey Ball that first day with the family, but haven't been on since.
Hate having that console sat there doing nothing, so I've made the same mistake I've made a dozen times before. I've bought a game for it. The thinking is of course, hopefully it'll get us using the machine again. The reality is usually more like we'll use it once for a couple of hours, then it'll go back to gathering dust again. Still - the game (De Blob 2) was only £4.24, so no harm done.
Quite enjoyed the De Blob game I played on the DS. I think I might've played it on the wii, too (not sure if it was the first game or the sequel) back in that short spell where I could get backups to play on the machine.

Game arrived today, so hopefully I'll give it a look tonight. As I say, it'll inevitably be played once or twice then put aside - but at least I've given the console a go. Not sure how many chances I've given it now. And there's always the remote chance we'll love this game, get back into the wii, and then end up playing some of the stack of games that have been barely touched.
Extremely remote.

Also bought a budget game for the 360, today. "Space Marine" (aka Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine). Got so-so reviews when it came out, Sept 2011. Got to be worth a punt at £5.81
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline bealec

« Reply #802 on: September 17, 2012, 12:42:31 PM »
Seems the Wii in my house has a similar life to yours Late. Got it a couple of years ago for my girlfriend to use Wii Fit (She's a little self conscious so doesn't like the gym). She used it for like the first 2 months then it started to gather dust. It got a reprieve when I brought her Just Dance 2 but again after 2 months it was neglected. I introduced her to the wonders of Gamestations pre-owned section and she brought Wario Ware and Sonic Unleashed. She played sonic once and never even opened Wario. That was probably back at the beggining of the year. It hasn't been used since.

That was £200 down the drain.

Offline harv

« Reply #803 on: September 17, 2012, 04:00:20 PM »
The ZombiU bundle doesn't include Nintendo Land unfortunately but does include a Pro controller.

Haven't heard back from Amazon yet about my £199.99 pre-order they cancelled in June. I sent them the email on Saturday but thought they didn't work over the weekend so was expecting something today and no dice. This is getting daft. How long does it normally take for customer services to respond to emails..? :o

Offline Late

« Reply #804 on: September 19, 2012, 10:29:55 AM »
New model ps3 ("superslim") is here next week.
25% smaller and 20% lighter than the PS3 slim.

I'll wait for the ps4/nextbox, personally...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 10:43:20 AM by Late »

Offline harv

« Reply #805 on: September 19, 2012, 02:56:26 PM »
The silly sods should have just switched to an external power supply when they released the first Slim, a really daft decision to have an internal power supply, they should have gone the same way as Microsoft and Nintendo as well as their two previous consoles. I've always preferred to have a power brick you can hide behind your telly. It means the console is smaller, needs less cooling and means that if your power supply dies you can just buy a new one rather than replacing the whole console or sending the whole console in for repair.

Offline Late

« Reply #806 on: September 19, 2012, 03:19:43 PM »
Agreed.

It's not the silliest thing I've seen a console manufacturer do, though...

Offline stupac

« Reply #807 on: September 19, 2012, 09:49:36 PM »
My PS3 is running low on memory atm and it's also 3 years old now.

So I've been considering getting a new one for a while, and now the new model is here. However the reason I haven't already replaced it is because I dont't want to go and spend £250+ on a new one and then the PS4 comes out a few months later... :/

What would you guys do?

Also does anyone have any idea when Sony is planning to bring out the PS4?
Arcadia Bay | FKA The One United

Offline Late

« Reply #808 on: September 19, 2012, 10:00:12 PM »
Hate the top loading dvd tray on the super slim, but it aside from that its a handsome machine - and the 500gb model can be had for £215.

No word on when the new playstation (nor xbox) will be out, but most folk expect an announcement from sony and/or microsoft in the first half of next year. Its possible we'll see one out for next xmas - but could well be 2014.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 10:17:39 PM by Late »

Offline harv

« Reply #809 on: September 19, 2012, 11:12:21 PM »
A bit pointless buying a new console one year before the next gen effort from Sony is out. Just get yourself a cheap USB drive instead.