https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662798 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #825 on: September 22, 2012, 09:49:21 PM »
Not sure about the sequel but the first de Blob was brilliant, but then I love jazz/funk fusion so I'm a bit biased. Thought it was great jamming along to the music by switching colours, I ended up forgetting the missions half the time lol ;D :P

I'm surprised you didn't like Super Mario Galaxy 2, you won't find a game with better level design this gen.

And a bit too childish..? What were you expecting, guns, blood, guts, swearing and tits..? :o ;D ;D ;D

It's a 3D platformer, very few of them aren't suitable for people of all ages.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #826 on: September 23, 2012, 12:28:05 PM »
SMG2 is okay - I rate it as one of the best wii games.
I don't like linear gameplay though - you can claim fantastic level design all you want but if you don't get choices you ain't got great level design. I also don't like dodgy camera angles, low res graphics, being walked through every step of the game, or waving a controller around like a spaz.
Like I say, thiugh, definitely one of the best wii games.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #827 on: September 23, 2012, 08:12:11 PM »
Bloody hell, I've just seen the Nintendo features of the Wii U SKU of Tekken Tag Team Tournament 2 :o ;D

Nintendo fans will be buying this title in droves!!! :o :o :o

I knew about the Mushroom Battle Mode but didn't know they had Nintendo character costumes too. Quite a nice touch! Namco Bandai should be laughing all the way to the bank with that one. Not getting it myself because apart from Metroid and Zelda I'm not a really big fan of Nintendo's franchises, particularly anything with Mario in it.

Edit: There was also news a couple of days ago that Nintendo have done a deal with Unity Technologies to give developers free use of the Unity Engine with every dev kit. Bloody hell, they're really serious about bringing indie developers' titles to the U's eShop. Greenhill's MULTI IDE, Havok middleware, Autodesk middleware and now the Unity Engine. And if the rumours of Nintendo only taking a 30% cut from sales are true we're going to see a flood of indie games arriving on the U's eShop. :o
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 10:35:32 PM by harv »
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline bealec

« Reply #828 on: September 23, 2012, 11:43:04 PM »
Yeh people will be buying the Wii U so they can dress Lin in a cowboy hat...Seriously do you listen to yourself talk or do you just have verbal disentry?

Offline harv

« Reply #829 on: September 24, 2012, 12:03:14 AM »
You'll have Nintendo fans buying the console regardless, but you'll have those Nintendo fans attracted to  buying Tekken Tag Tournament 2 because of the Nintendo features that Namco Bandai have added to the game. I didn't say anything about it being a system seller at all. ::)

Offline stupac

« Reply #830 on: September 24, 2012, 12:11:49 AM »
I've played Tekken TT2 & it's awesome! Not on the Wii of course lol.

Was going to get it on release but going to wait till it drops in price.
Arcadia Bay | FKA The One United

Offline harv

« Reply #831 on: September 24, 2012, 01:06:58 AM »
It's also going to be a budget title for the U as well, Zavvi have it for £27.95. Like I said, Namco Bandai are going to be laughing all the way to the bank as long as they market it properly. The Mushroom Battle Mode and Nintendo character costumes are a stroke of genius.

I'm still waiting for either Capcom or Namco Bandai to partner up for Nintendo Vs Capcom, Nintendo Vs Street Fighter or Nintendo X Tekken. The first of those in particular would be a licence to print money for both Nintendo and Capcom. A definite system seller.

Edit: Aaaaaaargh, another game on my list of games to buy!!! :o :P

I'm now looking at getting the ZombiU bundle and the following games:

FIFA 13
Black Ops 2
Rayman Legends
Assassins Creed 3
Batman Arkham City
Darksiders 2
Pikmin 3
Lego City Undercover
Scribblenaughts Unlimited
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Aliens Colonial Marines
Ninja Gaiden 3
Rabbids Land

Not all at once of course lol :o

Probably will get FIFA 13, Black Ops, Rayman Legends and Batman Arkham City if they're all available for launch day. ;D
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 01:53:56 AM by harv »

Offline Late

« Reply #832 on: September 24, 2012, 02:14:28 AM »
Sickener...
About fifty hours into Lost Odyssey and finished disk 3 (of 4). Put disk 4 in and it's unreadable.  >:(
Ironically it seems to be the disk with least scratches.
Gonna have to try and find somewhere with a disk repair machine. I used to use Gamestation but my nearest two closed in the last year along with my nearest Game. I'd guess blockbuster and cex probably do it.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #833 on: September 24, 2012, 07:16:57 AM »
Downloaded the FIFA 13 early release on Saturday because I couldn't be bothered to wait. Also, the 24 premium gold packs on offer tempted me.

Some improvements over FIFA 12. Pro clubs mode is improved, mainly due to the fact EA have made it impossible for people to hack their players to maximum stats. Some minor improvements in H2H Seasons, UT also looks better.

Also downloaded the early release for NHL 13 before it came out. Was quite fun with a few mates, making my Pro 6ft 7 and getting into fights. Not a fan of hockey though so didn't bother to buy it.

Offline jman

« Reply #834 on: September 24, 2012, 08:10:48 AM »
Gonna have to try and find somewhere with a disk repair machine. I used to use Gamestation but my nearest two closed in the last year along with my nearest Game. I'd guess blockbuster and cex probably do it.

Thats a bit annoying!!!... worst comes to the worst... print out a receipt and go in store.. ask for a replacement.. most stores have loads of copies of the game left... blockbuster definitely do a disk repair machine though (in my local anyway).

Also downloaded the early release for NHL 13 before it came out. Was quite fun with a few mates, making my Pro 6ft 7 and getting into fights. Not a fan of hockey though so didn't bother to buy it.

NHL 13 is great.. been playing it for the past 2 weeks now on and off.. but more so over the past week... like all the sports games.. they come into their own playing against friends and other human players... played about 20-25 games with a mate over the weekend.. all of them quite close (apart from an 8-2 pasting I gave him)....  its got so many modes though.. its gonna last me quite a long time.. got to about the middle point of a season with the Philly Flyers.. traded Zdeno Chara to my team.. the man is a hulk.. 6ft 9in, 18st.. one of the best hitters in the game and has the hardest slapshot in the world... so many goals scored from the blue line already..  ;D

They have quite a few teams from other leagues in this season (so not just NHL)... I wish they would put UK teams in though, I'd be all over that!!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 08:13:11 AM by jman »

Offline jman

« Reply #835 on: September 24, 2012, 08:12:12 AM »
Nintendo fans will be buying this title in droves!!! :o :o :o

Not getting it myself

;D ;D ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #836 on: September 24, 2012, 09:12:54 AM »
Yeah, but Harv isn't a Nintendo fan...  ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #837 on: September 24, 2012, 03:01:35 PM »
I already mentioned that I'm not a great fan of their franchises, particularly anything to do with Mario because he's the most annoying character in video gaming history. One of, if not the best game released this gen, Super Mario Galaxy 2, I have to play in small doses before I want to throw something at my telly lol. >:( ;D

I'm a huge fan of the Zelda and Metroid franchises though. 8)

But your average Nintendo fan will be all over Tekken Tag Team Tournament 2 due to the Mushroom Battle Mode and Nintendo costumes as long as Namco Bandai market the game.

Offline jman

« Reply #838 on: September 24, 2012, 03:14:08 PM »
Your average nintendo fan will be too young to buy it  :-\

Offline Late

« Reply #839 on: September 24, 2012, 03:27:33 PM »
You've made a classic and common mistake, there, in assuming Nintendo is for kids these days. It's not.
Kids have higher standards than you're crediting them with, and complain when their parents persuade them to turn on the wii.

No, Nintendo is for pensioners these days, not kids.

And they'll be all over a console that lets you put Tekken characters into Mario's overalls.