https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662965 times)

Offline jman

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #900 on: October 08, 2012, 08:20:21 AM »
Well Ross' response was a typical fanboy response.. and to be honest, I really cant be bothered to dissect and discuss it further... at the end of the day, Ross would buy an empty cereal box from Sony if they called it a console and slapped a £400 price mark on it...  ;D  For someone who advocates that £40 for a new game is not a "rip-off" and buys the most expensive consoles - and then to baulk at £3.44 (max) per month... for me, that just doesnt add up.  Besides which, everything I had put across only requires a silver membership of XBL.. I get all those benefits and I havent paid a bean for the last 3 months now... something ross seems unable to grasp.

And Im afraid your arguments hold no salt either harv because a) you dont play online very often, b) you have no friends to play online with, c) you have no taste in gaming and d) you are the stingiest person around...  why the hell would you want a XBL subscription - it would go unused.  Nobody was arguing about exclusives anyway... ross brought that up because deep down he knows that XBL is still the better service.. and doesnt want to be seen as having an inferior console.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 08:22:14 AM by jman »

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #901 on: October 08, 2012, 12:20:25 PM »
Well Ross' response was a typical fanboy response.. and to be honest, I really cant be bothered to dissect and discuss it further... at the end of the day, Ross would buy an empty cereal box from Sony if they called it a console and slapped a £400 price mark on it...  ;D  For someone who advocates that £40 for a new game is not a "rip-off" and buys the most expensive consoles - and then to baulk at £3.44 (max) per month... for me, that just doesnt add up.  Besides which, everything I had put across only requires a silver membership of XBL.. I get all those benefits and I havent paid a bean for the last 3 months now... something ross seems unable to grasp.

So why do you baulk at £3.44 a month then? You have plenty of games with online functionality...It can't be that worth it if you decide never to renew yourself... ::)

This argument also related to why Gold membership was worth it, and why I should pay £40 a year for a service, instead of my free one at the moment...Why have you argued the points that are free of charge then? You're saying that everything you've told me comes with silver memebership, which has no charge, Yet you were meant to justify to me what made XBL worth the cost....? I think it's you that's failing to grasp this argument here... Lol.

So yet again, I ask the question, what are the features that cost £40 a year that make XBL a better service, and actually worth the £40? (IE, not the free stuff that you've just allegedly been arguing for.) Because if the only difference between Silver and Gold IS the fact you get access to online features with gold, then you've totally lost this argument lol

Also, yeah the PS3 was expensive, but let's not fail to point out the various additional costs an Xbox comes with if you want to get the most out of it...At least the PS has no strings attached.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 12:26:06 PM by AVFCRoss »

Offline jman

« Reply #902 on: October 08, 2012, 02:14:27 PM »
God you can be a wally sometimes...  ;D ::)

First of all, I've been a gold member since I've had my 360 up to a few months ago, so thats nearly 6 years of full payments I've made... thats hardly me baulking at £3.44 is it.  You've also had a PS3 since launch.. and you've been a staunch supporter of free online gaming since then - if anyones baulking at such a small amount for online gaming.. its you.

Plus I've already said I cant be bothered to discuss this any further with someone as biased as you, lets just leave it as, I think the XBL service is better.. you think the PSN service better...thats the end of it as far as Im concerned.  And if you want to take that as me admitting defeat, please do, if it makes you feel better about your console  ::)  ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #903 on: October 08, 2012, 04:17:33 PM »
Have started playing Darksiders again, this time on Normal difficulty rather than Apocalyptic difficulty that I got stuck on before. Am planning on getting the U SKU of Darksiders 2 at launch, a game that's the bastard child of Zelda and God of War has to be purchased ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #904 on: October 08, 2012, 04:23:47 PM »
God you can be a wally sometimes...  ;D ::)

First of all, I've been a gold member since I've had my 360 up to a few months ago, so thats nearly 6 years of full payments I've made... thats hardly me baulking at £3.44 is it.  You've also had a PS3 since launch.. and you've been a staunch supporter of free online gaming since then - if anyones baulking at such a small amount for online gaming.. its you.

Noticed you ignored my question then, which doesn't suprise me whatsoever...I'll quote myself, just incase you actually do ever want to answer it ;)

So yet again, I ask the question, what are the features that cost £40 a year that make XBL a better service, and actually worth the £40? (IE, not the free stuff that you've just allegedly been arguing for.) Because if the only difference between Silver and Gold IS the fact you get access to online features with gold, then you've totally lost this argument lol

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #905 on: October 08, 2012, 06:48:41 PM »
Out of interest, who pays £40 a year for XBL?

Offline harv

« Reply #906 on: October 08, 2012, 07:38:59 PM »
Nobody that I know lol.

Rayman Legends has been delayed until Q1 next year >:( Bollocks >:( >:( >:( :'(
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #907 on: October 08, 2012, 11:22:56 PM »
Have started playing Darksiders again, this time on Normal difficulty rather than Apocalyptic difficulty that I got stuck on before. Am planning on getting the U SKU of Darksiders 2 at launch, a game that's the bastard child of Zelda and God of War has to be purchased ;D
I need to get Darksiders 2 played. I put it in the machine a few nights back, but was very tired and fell asleep during the intro.
Next day I got the urge to play COD Zombies, so took DS2 out of the machine again and put Blops in - and have been playing it since.
If I'm going to play COD I should really switch to MW3. I've barely played that game. Just don't want to be too rusty when the new one comes out...

Out of interest, who pays £40 a year for XBL?
To be honest, there's probably quite a lot. Link.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #908 on: October 09, 2012, 07:52:12 AM »
Got to give the Kinect back to my mate on Thursday, so ordered the Kinect Sports double pack for £20 and going down CEX at the weekend to buy one for £50.. to be honest, apart from Kinect Sports, Kinect Adventures, Fruit Ninja and maybe the fitness evolved game.. I doubt I'll buy anything else for it - I tried Rise of Nightmares.. and whilst theres a really good game under there somewhere, the control scheme did my head in - its like House of the Dead.. but not on rails.. and only melee weapons instead of guns...thats the good part.. when it comes to physically walking and turning in the game... thats where the problems lay - you could probably get used to it.. but im not willing to give it a chance.

Offline jman

« Reply #909 on: October 09, 2012, 08:04:11 AM »
Rayman Legends has been delayed until Q1 next year >:( Bollocks >:( >:( >:( :'(

LOL.. that launch lineup looking pretty crap again all of a sudden??  I reckon its because they didnt want to release alongside another 2D platformer.. one that would blitz their sales.. its probably a wise decision by ubisoft.. but I still reckon it'll be hard pushed to hit a million sales.

Offline harv

« Reply #910 on: October 09, 2012, 09:20:19 AM »
It's still a launch window title, and it still has the most impressive launch/launch window lineup seen so far imo. And not just my opinion either.

Offline jman

« Reply #911 on: October 09, 2012, 10:08:13 AM »
Thats what you said about the 3DS line-up too... and it bombed and forced nintendo to slash its price in the first 6 months!!  ;D ;D

So we've had the 3DS and PSV bomb because of high launch prices and crappy games....and you think the Wii U wont bomb because.. ?? 

The only thing going for the Wii U was the incredible success of the Wii.. its got an over-inflated launch price and apart from two games.. the rest of the launch games are pants or ports.

Offline harv

« Reply #912 on: October 09, 2012, 03:21:18 PM »
All new console launches have previous gen ports, some untouched and some enhanced.

The U is going to have the definitive versions of several titles - Black Ops 2, Ninja Gaiden 3, Darksiders 2, Assassins Creed 3, Arkham City, Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Trine 2, Just Dance 4 and Aliens Colonial Marines. Some of those are late ports but they are all an improvement on their PS3/360 counterparts in one way or another whether it's improved graphics, DLC included, extra content or improved gameplay.

It also has some stellar exclusives - NSMB U, ZombiU, Rayman Legends, Pikmin 3, Lego City Undercover, Wii Fit U, Scribblenaughts Unlimited, Monster Hunter 3G Ultimate, Sing Party, The Wonderful 101, Nano Assault Neo and Little Inferno.

I've never seen a better console launch in all my years of gaming, and I've been gaming since the 70s. Certainly pisses all over the 360 and PS3 launches.

Offline bealec

« Reply #913 on: October 09, 2012, 03:31:29 PM »
I'm assuming you meant to say "pisses all over the 360/PS3 launch line-up if you're a Nintendo fan boy who no longer wishes to play real games"

Offline harv

« Reply #914 on: October 09, 2012, 04:33:17 PM »
The PS3 and 360 launch lineups were abysmal, launch lineups normally are - but the lineup for the U is outstanding. This isn't just my opinion, the gaming media have also been impressed so far.