https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 663100 times)

Offline Late

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #915 on: October 09, 2012, 07:35:40 PM »
Got to give the Kinect back to my mate on Thursday, so ordered the Kinect Sports double pack for £20 and going down CEX at the weekend to buy one for £50.. to be honest, apart from Kinect Sports, Kinect Adventures, Fruit Ninja and maybe the fitness evolved game.. I doubt I'll buy anything else for it - I tried Rise of Nightmares.. and whilst theres a really good game under there somewhere, the control scheme did my head in - its like House of the Dead.. but not on rails.. and only melee weapons instead of guns...thats the good part.. when it comes to physically walking and turning in the game... thats where the problems lay - you could probably get used to it.. but im not willing to give it a chance.

Immaculate timing...
Cex have just reduced them to £40 (without psu)

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/kinect-for-xbox-360-no-psu-now-just-40-cex-store-42-50-delivered-1331834
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline stupac

« Reply #916 on: October 10, 2012, 02:41:14 AM »
FIFA 13 is a pile of shit compared to FIFA 12  ::)
Arcadia Bay | FKA The One United

Offline harv

« Reply #917 on: October 10, 2012, 02:47:19 AM »
What's the difference..?
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #918 on: October 10, 2012, 07:53:08 AM »
Immaculate timing...
Cex have just reduced them to £40 (without psu)

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/kinect-for-xbox-360-no-psu-now-just-40-cex-store-42-50-delivered-1331834

Yeah I need a PSU.. did have a slim from cokezone but I sold it..  would rather buy all of Kinect components from same place as well rather than getting the PSU from ebay...cheers for the link though.

The PS3 and 360 launch lineups were abysmal, launch lineups normally are - but the lineup for the U is outstanding. This isn't just my opinion, the gaming media have also been impressed so far.

How was the 360 lineup shit.. it was aimed at mature gamers..
5 FPS games
6 Sport games
2 (mature) Driving games

compare to the Wii U lineup - which dont forget has quite a few more games launching than the 360 did...
2 FPS games
1 Sport game
1 (babyish) Driving game

Whats funny is that your going to pick up the 2 FPS games and 1 sport game on the Wii U - thus showing your true colours... a gamer having to "make do" with nintendos mature offerings... and you'll be in the same situation for as long as you limit your gaming to the Wii U  ;D
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 07:58:28 AM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #919 on: October 10, 2012, 11:37:27 AM »
D'oh. Was sure you had a slim.

ps1 is a contender for best launch line-up, for me - despite the fact it didn't actually have many games and most of them weren't very good!
Sounds batty when you put it like that.  ;D

But it had Wipeout, which at the time wasn't just good - it was so fast, vibrant, and fun it completely blew my mind. Best launch title ever.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #920 on: October 10, 2012, 12:48:08 PM »
And it had Ridge Racer too.. I played that until my hands bled!!

For me I'd probably say the Original Xbox.. Halo, PGR, Jet Set Radio, Oddworld and DOA3 - all exclusives and non of them ports.. a brilliant set of games, plus you had tons of sports games and a few other decent games too.... I still have Halo and JSRF floating around somewhere  ;D

I'd say the Gamecube had the worst launch.. followed closely by the DS  (this is discounting the ridiculous Saturn launch)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 12:54:21 PM by jman »

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #921 on: October 10, 2012, 03:00:19 PM »
FIFA 13 is a pile of shit compared to FIFA 12  ::)

How? I think it's better in every way, shape and form...You're not one of these people complaining about the first touch mechanism, because it means you can't trap a 90 yard long pass dead anymore, and use a player with 90+ pace to score goals, are you?  ;D
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 03:02:17 PM by AVFCRoss »

Offline bealec

« Reply #922 on: October 10, 2012, 08:21:33 PM »
It's just the same game with updated transfers. Haven't brought a FIFA since FIFA 10

Offline jman

« Reply #923 on: October 11, 2012, 09:35:46 AM »
I have alternated between buying a Fifa game and an NHL game each year for the past 4 years now..this year its NHL 13 (so no fifa).. and its far superior to NHL 11.. the Be A Pro mode has been vastly improved for instance... I also found Fifa 12 to be more enjoyable than Fifa 10 too...

..so whilst there may not be massive improvements per year...your wrong.. on all accounts.

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #924 on: October 11, 2012, 12:26:38 PM »
It's just the same game with updated transfers. Haven't brought a FIFA since FIFA 10

Not quite, I'd go into detail about the new Skill games, the new first touch mechanism, the new dynamic menus, the new pros season mode, the new MatchDay Live, the new FIFA points catalogue and the abundance of touches to various modes but you obviously wouldn't get it, and would still insist it's the same thing year after year, just like every single person who hasn't played a FIFA game since 1972..Because you'rre clearly the best judge of how much a FIFA game has changed over the years ::)

Offline bealec

« Reply #925 on: October 11, 2012, 12:48:20 PM »
Wow...why don't you marry FIFA if you love it so much....touchy!

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #926 on: October 11, 2012, 01:57:51 PM »
Not really, just does my head in when people who haven't played a FIFA since the Bronze Age think they have a better qualified judgement on what changes each year over someone whose bought it on an annual basis for god knows how many years.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 01:59:38 PM by AVFCRoss »

Offline harv

« Reply #927 on: October 11, 2012, 02:44:11 PM »
Well I'll be getting it for the U on launch day, won't have Ultimate Team but it'll have improved graphics compared to the other SKUs and will have improved functionality for free kicks, shooting, direct control of off-the-ball runs and Manager Mode thanks to the new controller. Going to be interesting to see how it compares to Pro Evo using the touchscreen instead of pointer controls, I can't see it being as good but I guess I should keep an open mind.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #928 on: October 11, 2012, 03:53:36 PM »
Well I'll be getting it for the U on launch day, won't have Ultimate Team but it'll have improved graphics compared to the other SKUs

What happened to your gameplay over graphics mantra? LOL

and will have improved functionality for free kicks, shooting, direct control of off-the-ball runs and Manager Mode thanks to the new controller.

And I've already told you, the motion controls are gimped in the game, the setpieces are apparently too hard...and unless you have someone making the runs for you, the off-the-ball runs dont work.. and if you have someone else there, why the fuck would you play single player... cant believe you think the gamepad will make the game better LOL... even EA have basically confirmed that the Wii U edition is the "casual" version of the game because of the gamepad....

Quote from: Matt Prior - Fifa Producer talking about Fifa 13 on the Wii U
It remains to be seen if they will make the switch, but the system on its own is going to open up the world of “FIFA” to a lot more casual gamers, potentially. We know that there are a lot of people out there who love soccer but are a bit hesitant to get into “FIFA” because they’re not gamers, and they’re intimidated by the controls and all the buttons. But what the Wii U does, it enables us to embrace those fans because the touch screen is such a universal device now, people aren’t scared by touch screens. So that allows people a way into “FIFA,” because now dad, who might not be a twitch gamer, can sit back and control the game with the touch screen. So I’m hoping the Wii U brings a lot of new people to “FIFA” who might have been scared off before
Link
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 03:55:34 PM by jman »

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #929 on: October 11, 2012, 04:09:30 PM »
Not to mention theres still absolutely no way it'll convert FIFA fans to changing consoles...It's been a massive seller on the PS/Xbox for years this gen...Out of all of the people who have already bought FIFA 13 for the PS/Xbox (which is practically everyone), whose gonna buy it on U??

The absence of Ultimate Team is a crushing blow to the U port aswell, that is practically FIFA for many people these days, and theres no way they'd touch a U version without it, as if they would even touch it at all.