https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 663035 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #945 on: October 15, 2012, 02:06:16 PM »
I'll probably also be getting a PS4 next gen, but I'll wait for the slim SKU to become available like I did with the PS2 and PS3. Sony consoles are too ugly to buy at launch lol. Definitely getting a PS4 over a 720 because Sony's IPs are miles stronger than Microsoft's, which means better exclusives. 8)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #946 on: October 15, 2012, 02:11:18 PM »
There are plenty of good quality exclusives:

How many day one exclusive releases are there in that list - 4
And how many are you buying on day one - 1
That does not add up Im afraid..

And when comparing launch lineups.. I have only ever discussed Day 1 titles... you seem to think that comparing the 360's day 1 lineup to the Wii U's first 4 month lineup is somehow fair competition ::)

I look forward to comparing the Wii U's review scores for their ports against current platforms though... there is no reason for them not to be significantly higher if they are the "definitive" versions right ??

Offline harv

« Reply #947 on: October 15, 2012, 03:40:37 PM »
Yup, I've already stated that the U scores should be better than the other SKUs. The only game that might suffer as far as review scores goes is FIFA 13 because it's missing Ultimate Team.

And there are 6 exclusives available day one - NSMB U, Nintendo Land, Sing Party, Rabbids Land, Scribblenaughts Unlimited and ZombiU.

Not sure what I'll be getting day one, depends on which titles are discounted to £19.95 by Zavvi during the weeks before launch. I'm getting ZombiU with the bundle and at some point I'll be getting Rabbids Land and Scribblenaughts Unlimited too, and if I can get Nintendo Land for £19.95 that'll be 4 out of 6 exclusives I'll be getting this year. And next year I'll be getting another 5 - Rayman Legends, Pikmin 3, Monster Hunter 3G Ultimate, The Wonderful 101 and Lego City Undercover.

So that's 9 exclusives altogether I'm getting. :o

And that's before you take eShop titles into account. I've got my eye on 3 eShop titles too - Little Inferno, Trine 2 and Nano Assault Neo, so that's another two exclusives to add to the list! ;D
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 04:26:58 PM by harv »
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #948 on: October 16, 2012, 08:06:55 AM »
Scribblenauts Unlimited is technically going to be released on the pc aswell... so not sure whether you can count that as a real exclusive... the choker is though that the pc version is supposed to be the "definitive" version  ;D

But your right.. I totally forgot about that revolutionary Sing Party exclusive.. fuck me.. that changes everything  ::)

And again.. Im only talking about games that are going to be available at launch, nobody talks about the quality of the launch lineup by looking at games that may or may not be released in the 4 months afterwards..... if the exclusives you are talking about were such "good quality" too.. why are you waiting to see what you can get on the cheap... LOL.. you've basically just admitted that those exclusives are not worth paying full price for..  ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #949 on: October 16, 2012, 09:50:03 AM »
Why am I waiting to see what I can get on the cheap..? Is that a serious question..? ::)

And how is Scribblenaughts going to be the definitive version..? It's a confirmed 1080p native game...unless you're talking about the use of a keyboard..? :-\ ??? :-\ ???

And whilst you and I aren't remotely interested in Sing Party it's still an exclusive that should do well. Like I've said before you're going to see a load of launch/launch window titles aimed at the casual demographic when the PS4 and 720 are released too. Gaming has changed during the last 6 years.

Offline bealec

« Reply #950 on: October 16, 2012, 09:57:31 AM »
Yup, I've already stated that the U scores should be better than the other SKUs. The only game that might suffer as far as review scores goes is FIFA 13 because it's missing Ultimate Team.

And there are 6 exclusives available day one - Another Mario gane, A party game, Another party game, Another party game, A kids game and Nintendo's attempt at being scary.

Offline harv

« Reply #951 on: October 16, 2012, 01:37:59 PM »
All top quality exclusives aimed at a variety of demographics from both first and third parties. Sounds good to me. Just because the likes of Sing Party doesn't appeal to us doesn't mean it isn't a good quality title. And Scribblenaughts Unlimited is suitable for everyone, not just children. The original on the DS was fantastic.

It's looking like all of these discounts from Zavvi are Ubisoft titles, hopefully I'll be able to get Assassins Creed 3 for £19.95 which would be a result.

Offline jman

« Reply #952 on: October 17, 2012, 08:07:53 AM »
Why am I waiting to see what I can get on the cheap..? Is that a serious question..? ::)

No.. I know the reason.. because they are not worth the full ticket price for a game... we both know that only a fool would pay £40 for Nintendoland or Rabbids Land at launch... besides which, theres going to be loads of preowned copies of each floating around quite shortly after launch after people realise how limited and shit those games are  ;D

Like I've said before you're going to see a load of launch/launch window titles aimed at the casual demographic when the PS4 and 720 are released too. Gaming has changed during the last 6 years.

Doubtful, the mature demographic far outweighs the casual demographic on the 360/PS3 still - you can tell this by software sales... Kinect hardware sold loads, but did the software.. "no" is the short answer.... why would they target their consoles towards a different market anyway.. a market that is proven to have a poor tie-ratio between hardware and software

Bored of this conversation now.. going back to the original point.. the Wii U launch lineup (Day 1) is average at best.. nothing you say will change my opinion.. it has no killer title and doesnt have enough decent exclusives.. NSMBU will be the highest seller by far... another point to make is that without Ubisoft and Activision, the launch lineup would of probably been the worst of all time... I think theres only about 7/8 games out of 23 not made by them nor Nintendo... ominous I'd say

Offline jman

« Reply #953 on: October 17, 2012, 11:08:03 AM »
Has anyone played or tried out Dishonored yet?... it sounds like an awesome game... I might download the demo tonight.. although I really dont want to buy another new game this month  ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #954 on: October 17, 2012, 07:56:05 PM »
Nope, not gone anywhere near it but loved the first trailer that was shown ages ago.

Have now pre-ordered my third Wii U game, Call of Duty Black Ops 2, managed to get 10% off with a code from an email earlier from Zavvi so have got it for £38.66. So that's ZombiU (via the bundle), Rayman Legends and Call of Duty Black Ops 2 in the bag. Should get a discount code for either Rabbids Land or Assassins Creed 3 before launch so I can get them for a bargain £19.95, got a code for Avengers Battle For Earth this week, was tempted because it looks pretty good but I'm not a great fan of fighting games so decided to give it a miss. Although I guess I could order it and trade it in to make a profit. ???
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 11:58:13 PM by harv »

Offline Late

« Reply #955 on: October 18, 2012, 02:08:14 AM »
You would've been better off applying that code to the console purchase...

Dishonored looks great, but I'm gonna have to leave it a while - too much of a backlog so it'd be silly to pay todays prices then play it in two months' time.

Got a replacement copy of Lost Odyssey a few days back, but haven't tried it yet. Also haven't tried Darksiders 2 yet...
And I need to buy xcom and doa5...
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #956 on: October 18, 2012, 04:01:09 AM »
Thought about it but that would mean cancelling my £299.99 pre-order, re-ordering the ZombiU bundle again for £329.99 and losing my deal on Rayman Legends. Wasn't worth it. Plus I'd put myself to the back of the queue for Wii Us on launch day.

Offline jman

« Reply #957 on: October 18, 2012, 07:30:10 AM »
I got a 10% code from zavvi not too long ago.. however, consoles and any pre-orders were exempt from it... I would of used it on my Halo 4 special edition pre-order to save £6... but obviously cant... so I wont be using it at all.. usually find games much cheaper elsewhere even without a 10% discount anyway.

Offline harv

« Reply #958 on: October 18, 2012, 05:42:49 PM »
Yup, you can normally find games cheaper elsewhere but surprisingly Zavvi and The Hut are the cheapest at the mo for Wii U launch title pre-orders. Play and shopto used to be the best places to go to for cheap games but have gone right downhill during these last couple of years, particularly the former. :-\

Due to Zavvi's deals on Ubisoft titles the launch day titles I'm getting has changed:

Black Wii U ZombiU bundle with Pro controller
Rayman Legends (now delayed until next year >:( )
Call of Duty Black Ops 2
Assassins Creed 3
Rabbids Land
Darksiders 2

Before Christmas/Christmas:

FIFA 13
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Batman Arkham City
Scribblenaughts Unlimited

Launch window titles:

The Wonderful 101
Aliens Colonial Marines
Monster Hunter 3G Ultimate
Lego City Undercover
Pikmin 3

I'd better win the Euromillions soon lololol ;D :P

Edit: Looks like Nintendo have fucked up their online for a load of people already lol, the microphone on the GamePad can't be used for in-game chat so you need to buy a headset for it. The Pro controller also doesn't have a headphone socket for a headset so anyone preferring the use of the Pro controller can't use voice chat unless their headset is plugged into the GamePad. Thought things were going too well on the hardware front lol.

Doesn't bother me because I despise people chatting whilst gaming, if I wanted to be sociable I wouldn't be playing video games! :o

I've also personally had confirmation from Ubisoft that you've got the option to turn the crosshairs off in ZombiU. Nice. That's going to make the game more than a little insanely difficult lol :o :P
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 12:09:41 AM by harv »

Offline jman

« Reply #959 on: October 19, 2012, 08:07:06 AM »
LOL... Im glad even you have agreed that is really retarded... sounds like a design flaw with the pro controller too... not to mention that in-game chat is game specific too... it just sounds like a total shambles... I wouldnt expect much from their online service if I was you...

So just to recap...(copied from kotaku)
■ No universal support for in-game voice chat
■ Game-by-game support for in-game chat
■ The GamePad mic will not, by default, work as an input for in-game voice chat
■ The Wii U will support wired headsets (and possibly mic-enabled headphones), but only through the Wii U GamePad
■ No news yet about whether wireless headsets can or will be supported