https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662998 times)

Offline styles

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #1050 on: November 11, 2012, 09:30:06 AM »
The 360 looks more realistic. The u just looks cartoony
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline harv

« Reply #1051 on: November 11, 2012, 09:59:46 PM »
Cartoony? :o

I think you should go and have a lie down mate. That's down to a brown filter. And if the final product on the U has the same brown filter the U SKU will still be higher resolution, have better advanced particle effects, better textures and better lighting.

A preview of ZombiU from CVG here.

This game is going to be fucking awesome!!! 8)

And troubles continue for THQ. Think they're going to go bust pretty sharpish :'(

If Nintendo had any sense they'd buy them for $30m, use $100m to pay off the debts. $130m would buy them their current IPs and licencing deals, 4 (I think?) developers, give them a valuable publishing arm in the West as well as THQ's distribution channels. And more importantly it would stop the likes of Sony, Microsoft, EA, Activision etc getting their hands on those IPs.

Their current licencing deals alone are a licence to print money.

It's more risky buying the publisher as a whole rather than waiting for the assets to be sold to the highest bidder but it would mean that your competition can't get hold of the likes of WWE, Warhammer, Saints Row, Darksiders, Metro, South Park, Red Faction. Worth the risk imo.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline styles

« Reply #1052 on: November 11, 2012, 11:30:17 PM »
Brown filter? That's what you use before you post right? ;-)
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline Late

« Reply #1053 on: November 12, 2012, 09:11:37 AM »
First time I've had a chance to look at that comparison, and I'm not impressed with the U version. Hopefully it's a work in progress, and the colours and saturation can be sorted out. It's a little worrying that some of the detail is missing from the U version, though. Surely the U can handle more polygons than the xbox? And yet there's a few things missing from the U version - such as the two 'planes flying overhead at the right side, and the large object dropping from the sky in the centre of the image (I think it's debris, but it might be an airdrop without it's 'chute deploying)...

Was also surprised to see there's a lot of rumours that the Nuketown 2025 map has been pulled from the U version of the game. Sites were originally advertising that the game would include Nuketown 2025 map as preorder bonus, but changed all their ads at the back end of last week. Totally unconfirmed, but has apparently caused some folk to cancel their orders. Can't see it being true, though - I can see no reason why they'd bring the map out on 3 platforms but not the 4th. (Unless Nintendo's dlc facilities are borked.)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 11:02:14 AM by Late »
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #1054 on: November 12, 2012, 09:49:32 AM »
Blops 2 class creator tool.
Haven't had a chance to have a look at it yet, but was recommended to me to give some idea of how you make your loadout etc. in this instalment...
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #1055 on: November 12, 2012, 09:56:35 AM »
I finished the Halo 4 campaign on heroic at the weekend..

To summise it was a good play, I enjoyed it.. maybe not so much as others, but it did have a high bar to beat..

3 Best things about it..

1) New enemies kick ass.. blend in perfectly to the game and add a new dimension to battles
2) Graphics are top notch, the hollywood cut-scenes are very impressive too
3) The new vehicle (Mantis) is effin cool..

3 Worst things about it..
1) They didnt get the guy who did the other halo scores.. so no halo anthem and a pretty dull soundtrack and some dialogue seems missing (the covenant mainly)
2) QTEs suck balls.. no need to put them in, granted they are only in 2 places.. thats 2 too many though.. and having one at a crucial point in the game was just.. blah!
3) It had too many levels based on a ship.. and so some levels felt too linear and the objectives felt repetitive.. most of the levels are fun to play.. it was just missing one EPIC level though

Haven't played the multi-player yet.. im not in a hurry at the moment.. bit concerned about reports that a lot of it has changed and used some COD mechanics  :-\  So I might actually replay the campaign on legendary before I start on the MP.  Spartan Ops sounds great though  ;D

I hope 343 can take some fan criticism on board.. they have done a pretty solid job with Halo 4.. it just needs slightly tweaking to be on par with the best that Bungie did
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 09:58:22 AM by jman »

Offline jman

« Reply #1056 on: November 12, 2012, 10:06:29 AM »
Heard the Wii U wont be using system-wide achievements... well this is according to the dev of Scribblenauts Unlimited... instead, dev's will decide whether to include their own "accomplishments" in each game or not..

...odnetnin 

.. oh whats that...

...its just nintendo being backwards again  ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #1057 on: November 12, 2012, 02:54:26 PM »
lolz :D

Speaking of Nintendo's strange decisions...
I see they've announced a Picachu edition of the 3ds-xl - which for some reason seems to incorporate the device's twin cameras as nipples...  ;D

Offline bealec

« Reply #1058 on: November 12, 2012, 03:31:08 PM »
LOL

Brilliant.

Offline harv

« Reply #1059 on: November 12, 2012, 04:46:14 PM »
Heard the Wii U wont be using system-wide achievements... well this is according to the dev of Scribblenauts Unlimited... instead, dev's will decide whether to include their own "accomplishments" in each game or not..

...odnetnin 

.. oh whats that...

...its just nintendo being backwards again  ;D

If you're a developer that's a very good thing. ;)

Still no indication of how Accomplishments are going to be integrated into the OS though, I'm guessing you'll be able to see them on Friends' profiles somewhere.

Edit: And I think Nuketown is coming to the U, some people have contacted Amazon and they replied back saying that codes will be emailed 24-48 hours after launch. A bit odd...perhaps caused by Amazon sending out copies of the game before they got the codes. :-\
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 09:13:34 PM by harv »
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #1060 on: November 13, 2012, 12:57:05 AM »
First proper ZombiU advert. Very nicely done imo.

Don't know why we don't see more live action ads for video games these days tbh :o

Offline Late

« Reply #1061 on: November 13, 2012, 01:43:57 AM »
Oh dear. You're serious?
A trailer should show the game it's advertising - not some talentless actors recreating it. People want to see the product they're being asked to buy - not some artists impression.
The Blops 2 ad was silly, but at least it had the decency to be deliberately silly.

They should stop fannying about making daft adverts and instead figure out how to get the online multiplayer to work.

Fingers crossed for Blops 2 to hit the doormat today. It's killing me knowing everyone else is play it while I wait for Greenman to get their shit together.

Offline jman

« Reply #1062 on: November 13, 2012, 07:53:01 AM »
Bugger... I was planning on playing Halo 4 up till christmas and nothing else.. even started my legendary campaign last night...

...then someone went and bought me the special edition of Dishonored for me birthday  :P ;D  :-\

Offline jman

« Reply #1063 on: November 13, 2012, 08:06:02 AM »
If you're a developer that's a very good thing. ;)

If you're a consumer it's a very bad thing  ::) 

But hey, I dont care.. im not buying the damn thing  ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #1064 on: November 13, 2012, 09:42:30 AM »
If you're a consumer it's a very bad thing  ::) 

But hey, I dont care.. im not buying the damn thing  ;D
Ditto. I'm a consumer, and am past the point of caring about what Nintendo screw up, now. Instead it's just something to laugh* about.

*and troll Harv, natch...

Bugger... I was planning on playing Halo 4 up till christmas and nothing else.. even started my legendary campaign last night...

...then someone went and bought me the special edition of Dishonored for me birthday  :P ;D  :-\
Happy Birthday, K!

lol - was so close to buying that (regular ed.n) a couple of days ago, as it's been slashed to £20 in Morrisons - an outstanding price for a new and very highly rated title - but with Blops2 out this week I figured it'd make no sense for me to buy it now.
That's assuming COD arrives at some point  >:(
Yeah, I know it's only release day today, but I'm not happy with Greenman for dispatching so late. Apparently they sent them out yesterday (without dispatch emails), whereas most places sent them out on Friday or Saturday.
If I preorder a game I don't expect to get it later than I would if I just popped down the supermarket...  >:(